We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Character Development] Broken Textures

Some players are completely invisible, it's only their weapons that can be seen. Many other players have reported both bugs in game.

Some character textures disappear while scrolled out:

Back to normal while looking from closer:

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Some players are completely invisible, it's only their weapons that can be seen. Many other players have reported both bugs in game.

Some character textures disappear while scrolled out:

Back to normal while looking from closer:

Ayup, happening to myself and my friend as well ... we have different settings and systems totally. It started with the launch of the Wedding patch.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

Maybe instead of a texture glitch it is actually a new clothing/gear version of an old feature of the game long ago retired:
    One cannot see what the other is wearing until moving closer to the target.

Call the new version... Fog of Wore.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoetex View Post
    It started with the launch of the Wedding patch.
    That's right, both the "white costume" and the "invisible costume" started happening this patch. However, last patch I've noticed a few players running with no trousers, but everything else was visible.

Yup i been seeing this since update 27, its when your at a certain distance players turn white and lose all textures, and its not even just that some turn invisible too you see their names and weapons but all else of the character is gone.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Right there with you... Wasn't happening before Update 27, even that morning before they updated the game it was fine. That night I logged in and noticed this too.
    Alfwine - Guardian / Historian, Yaswe - Hunter / Woodsman,
    Amrodion - Champion / Armorer, Hilordo Brockhuse - Minstrel / Yeoman,
    Curuvanwe - Loremaster / Tinker - Baranduin
    -- Fellowship of the Rogues --

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    This is fixed and will go out with next week's patch. In the meantime, you can disable "Player Mesh Combining" under Options->Advanced Graphics to resolve the problem, but that could adversely affect performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    This is fixed and will go out with next week's patch. In the meantime, you can disable "Player Mesh Combining" under Options->Advanced Graphics to resolve the problem, but that could adversely affect performance.
    Also some players complaining about shadows/puddles after last update. We can test it by using LM's Sticky Tar - when they stand close of it, they see only 1/2 of puddle. Anyone reporting about that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Also some players complaining about shadows/puddles after last update. We can test it by using LM's Sticky Tar - when they stand close of it, they see only 1/2 of puddle. Anyone reporting about that issue?
    Yes! I was starting to think I was the only one. It seems to affect any texture that's "painted" (I don't know what technical term the LOTRO team uses) onto another surface: the circular targeting indicator, burnt ground, "lights" (e.g. through a window onto the floor), rubble, etc. The poor visuals are annoying but the disappearing target indicator is extremely frustrating.
    I'll try to get some good screenshots of it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles_Ancestor View Post
    Maybe instead of a texture glitch it is actually a new clothing/gear version of an old feature of the game long ago retired:
    One cannot see what the other is wearing until moving closer to the target.

Call the new version... Fog of Wore.
    Underrated tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Narufind View Post
    Yes! I was starting to think I was the only one. It seems to affect any texture that's "painted" (I don't know what technical term the LOTRO team uses) onto another surface: the circular targeting indicator, burnt ground, "lights" (e.g. through a window onto the floor), rubble, etc. The poor visuals are annoying but the disappearing target indicator is extremely frustrating.
    I'll try to get some good screenshots of it today.
    Here are some screenshots, the disappearing visuals depend on the angle and distance of the camera relative to the surface (as demonstrated by the various angles on this slope.)

At a high angle (camera facing perpendicular to the surface) I can zoom all the way out and see everything. The lower my camera angle (moving closer to parallel with the surface) the more I have to zoom in to avoid the disappearing effect.

This also happens at interior locations, the floor of the High Stables in Minas Tirith (Midsummer) is particularly bad. The target selection indicator works better inside but can still disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    Disabling Player Mesh Combining has helped, thank you.