We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Add actual world name to /loc in addition to server ID

Since the physical server ID has been added to the /loc response, someone at SSG obviously knows where and how to modify the generated string, so could you also please add the world name, i.e. Landroval, Bombadil, etc., to the response, perhaps immediately after the server ID. While the server ID is good for SSG bug reports since it identifies the phsyical server out of a cluster, the world name would help plugin authors and has been requested for years. While this would break (again) some plugins that use /loc, it would help a couple of plugins tremendously.

current /loc response sample:
    You are on server 45 at r1 lx955 ly946 ox78.05 oy43.20 oz418.45 h243.3. Game timestamp 4461706.373.

requested change:
    You are on server 45, Bombadil, at r1 lx955 ly946 ox78.05 oy43.20 oz418.45 h243.3. Game timestamp 4461706.373.

or
    You are on server Bombadil:45 at r1 lx955 ly946 ox78.05 oy43.20 oz418.45 h243.3. Game timestamp 4461706.373.

or something equally easy to parse.

Also, you might want to look into why this wasn't implemented for the DE/FR clients (the server ID isn't included in DE/FR /loc responses).

Thanks

While this would definitely help, i dont think its that bad to deal with.

I made a plugin (for myself and friends) that keeps track of dailies across servers and display it so you know what you did where, had to deal with the problem of same name chars on different servers. So i did made the player manually set server name first time the plugin is loaded on new server and save it Server datascope - while the rest of the data is saved account wide and formated as {server1 = {data}, server2 = {data}, ...}

I mean it is just a slight annoyance, but if it would help other plugins tremendously i guess its worth the extra handling.

Link to the plugin if interested: https://github.com/Dromo/Dlocks (i have not put this on lotrointerface because it has hardcoded everything and i did not plan to make it customizable or interface to it yet)

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    or something equally easy to parse
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    Coming soon
    Great news! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4andreas View Post
    While this would definitely help, i dont think its that bad to deal with.

I made a plugin (for myself and friends) that keeps track of dailies across servers and display it so you know what you did where, had to deal with the problem of same name chars on different servers. So i did made the player manually set server name first time the plugin is loaded on new server and save it Server datascope - while the rest of the data is saved account wide and formated as {server1 = {data}, server2 = {data}, ...}

I mean it is just a slight annoyance, but if it would help other plugins tremendously i guess its worth the extra handling.

Link to the plugin if interested: https://github.com/Dromo/Dlocks (i have not put this on lotrointerface because it has hardcoded everything and i did not plan to make it customizable or interface to it yet)
    I implemented something similar in Reminders recently, when I added support for multiple servers. But I will be glad to modify it to take advantage of the new /loc output. I currently allow the user to choose the server name with a pulldown menu, and I'll probably just add a "Detect" button next to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    Coming soon
    Please update the /loc command for the French and German clients, too. Plugins that support French and German need to have the same info in all three languages, although the format can be different.

In the German, the command is "/pos":
    Ihr befindet Euch hier: r1 lx964 ly920 ox81.50 oy19.47 oz388.94 h268.6

In the French, the command is "/emp":
    Votre emplacement est : r2 lx909 ly1451 ox106.81 oy71.12 oz551.97 h63.3

If translation is an issue, I would suggest you just tack on the info in parentheses at the end: (Bullroarer, 14, 1178127221)
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jul 16 2020 at 03:48 PM.

Info From Bullroarer Update 27.2 - Preview #1

Gameplay
    The /loc command has been modified to include the world name.

(So I guess they liked the idea so much they are adding it to the next update.)