We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Valar Level Boost - 120 Question

I recently came back to the game after a very long lay off and have enough points to purchase the Valar Level Boost to 120 for either my LM or Minstrel and have some questions.

I believe you get 2 LIs along with the boost, is there anything I should get or avoid?

Is there any specific build or traiting I should use?

The character is around level 43 now, and I will spend some time going through the areas remembering how to play, working on trait points and deeds, and some reputation so will not be jumping immediately into Level 120 instances or areas.

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001f3e3d/01007/signature.png]Odharian[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Krtz View Post
    I recently came back to the game after a very long lay off and have enough points to purchase the Valar Level Boost to 120 for either my LM or Minstrel and have some questions.

I believe you get 2 LIs along with the boost, is there anything I should get or avoid?

Is there any specific build or traiting I should use?

The character is around level 43 now, and I will spend some time going through the areas remembering how to play, working on trait points and deeds, and some reputation so will not be jumping immediately into Level 120 instances or areas.

Thanks

Concerning the LI's. You will get two boxes. That allows you to choose a staff and a book. There are three choices for each depending on the trait tree you want to use as primary. They will be named to reflect the name of the trait tree, and usually hold legacies most beneficial to each (although, the devs aren't perfect on that issue). You do get a healthy amount of tactical damage rating on the staff, and tactical healing rating on the book. However, you are going to be significantly short legacy tiers on your legacies. If I recall correctly, you will have 52 tiers of 83 provided.

"Build and traiting" is a personal preference. It depends on what tree you want to use as primary. I tend to think Yellow is the wise choice since you can level in that tree as well as provide benefit on group content. But, everyone has their favorites.

Also, you will get a significant amount of Virtue XP in your package that should allow you to get at least five virtues up near the cap...which was a nice inclusion in the package.

Gear is pretty useful from the package. You will get armor and jewelry that does the job. I believe you will, also, get a sword with above average stats. All in all the level 120 package puts you in pretty decent shape to proceed.

Note: I overlooked that you were also asking about minstrel. My response was basically centered around LM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    Concerning the LI's. You will get two boxes. That allows you to choose a staff and a book. There are three choices for each depending on the trait tree you want to use as primary. They will be named to reflect the name of the trait tree, and usually hold legacies most beneficial to each (although, the devs aren't perfect on that issue). You do get a healthy amount of tactical damage rating on the staff, and tactical healing rating on the book. However, you are going to be significantly short legacy tiers on your legacies. If I recall correctly, you will have 52 tiers of 83 provided.

"Build and traiting" is a personal preference. It depends on what tree you want to use as primary. I tend to think Yellow is the wise choice since you can level in that tree as well as provide benefit on group content. But, everyone has their favorites.

Also, you will get a significant amount of Virtue XP in your package that should allow you to get at least five virtues up near the cap...which was a nice inclusion in the package.

Gear is pretty useful from the package. You will get armor and jewelry that does the job. I believe you will, also, get a sword with above average stats. All in all the level 120 package puts you in pretty decent shape to proceed.

Note: I overlooked that you were also asking about minstrel. My response was basically centered around LM.
    Excellent, thank you very much.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001f3e3d/01007/signature.png]Odharian[/charsig]