We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's happening with the Guardian update?

So almost a month has passed and nothing was shown or talked about officially about the Guardian update. Is anything even in the works? Will we see any changes happening anytime soon?

Link for source

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    So almost a month has passed and nothing was shown or talked about officially about the Guardian update. Is anything even in the works? Will we see any changes happening anytime soon?

Link for source
    Well, they dig guardians sooo deep, it's hard to drag them out to surface. Also they want to revamp Block/Parry/Evade system, IMHO testing dps parsers for that can take a lot of time.

We definitely need some info on it, it has to be a big update to fix guards so communicating and probably multiple bullroarers will be needed. A good time for this would be during the fall raid bullroarer testing. Hopefully it gets more than 1 bullroarer. But sooner is always better if it isn't rushed. So far the guardian update has probably not begun yet.

"Challenge cooldown is now reduced by Bellow trait (60->50/45/40/35/30)."

Well, there ya go. Guardian's are now fixed! kek

Quote Originally Posted by Marxlne View Post
    "Challenge cooldown is now reduced by Bellow trait (60->50/45/40/35/30)."

Well, there ya go. Guardian's are now fixed! kek
    It's clear what it was just part of agro managment fixes for ALL classes. Did you have any mention about guardian revamp in that patch notes? Of course it wasn't ready right now and can't be created so fast.

Angry

The current Bullroarer Preview is the most useless thing ever. Nothing but taunt cooldown and the pointless level 20 improved sting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallsae View Post
    The current Bullroarer Preview is the most useless thing ever. Nothing but taunt cooldown and the pointless level 20 improved sting.
    Where they promise what The current Bullroarer Preview brings guardian revamp? It's more like they want to bring something to players who can't play on troubled servers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Where they promise what The current Bullroarer Preview brings guardian revamp? It's more like they want to bring something to players who can't play on troubled servers right now.
    I didn't say anything about a promise...just that I'm disappointed with the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallsae View Post
    I didn't say anything about a promise...just that I'm disappointed with the preview.
    I'm not disappointed, because I sure if they want to make guardian effective tank and competitive with other tanks, they need weeks and weeks for testing, trying and adjusting skills. For full guardian revamp with rumored Block/Parry/Evade revamp, it's just too soon. Quick fix for mess what have with guardian right now can only bring even more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I'm not disappointed, because I sure if they want to make guardian effective tank and competitive with other tanks, they need weeks and weeks for testing, trying and adjusting skills. For full guardian revamp with rumored Block/Parry/Evade revamp, it's just too soon. Quick fix for mess what have with guardian right now can only bring even more problems.
    I agree completely, I'd rather they take a little more time and get it right, as long as they don't take forever.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Almost 3 months, not even a word. Well...

3 months and no word yet, would be great to have a little update from SSG about how guard update is going so far. Can we expect it anytime soon?

Still waiting...so far all i know of is the break ranks rework and the taunt cd.....not all impressed.

Haven't you guys figured it out it yet what SSG is doing ? They're pushing rework as long as they can to milk braindead monkeys who still are addicted to lore to buy Valar's to level Captains, before they do any meaningful work on any other tanks. To be honest, seeing what #### SSG is trying to pull with this latest "mini-expansion" they are desperate for income and i'm gonna make a little prophecy here - this "mini-expansion" is gonna flop hard income-wise. They still probably make it till the Gundabad EXP which is going to be saddest cash-crab in the history of LOTRO and after that they're gonna close the game.

Haven't you guys figured it out it yet what SSG is doing ? They're pushing rework as long as they can to milk braindead monkeys who still are addicted to lore to buy Valar's to level Captains, before they do any meaningful work on any other tanks. To be honest, seeing what #### SSG is trying to pull with this latest "mini-expansion" they are desperate for income and i'm gonna make a little prophecy here - this "mini-expansion" is gonna flop hard income-wise. They still probably make it till the Gundabad EXP which is going to be saddest cash-crab in the history of LOTRO and after that they're gonna close the game.
    This smells of truth.

rip guards

Looks like even Vastin has left the sinking ship or got sacked:

There are literally no-one competent enough left in SSG to work on class balance overall.

There are literally no-one competent enough left in SSG to work on class balance overall.
    It only means that Vastin did not login to the forum since July 09, but he is still in the team.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Would be great if @vastin could answer what the plans are for guardian atm.

This bullroarer is extremely underwhelming when it comes to guard changes and nowhere near what guardians need. Vastin said that guards are up for an update but was this it? It surely can't be right?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Would be great if @vastin could answer what the plans are for guardian atm.

This bullroarer is extremely underwhelming when it comes to guard changes and nowhere near what guardians need. Vastin said that guards are up for an update but was this it? It surely can't be right?
    +1 @Vastin any chance to chime in here and give us an idea on thoughts and direction of guards? Is this current BR just the tip and can we expect some useful changes in the near future?

I hope hes no more (in lotro)
    He is clueless.

He is very-very busy and don't have time for forums

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    I hope hes no more (in lotro)
    He is clueless.
    You don't say ...

You don't say ...

Lol copying this one!

Bump, pvmp update (1-2months) > guard update (5-8months and counting)

Thank you ssg, very cool!