We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angbohr View Post
    The importance of announcements, illustrated:

I understand the concept of keeping your audience informed, but I still don't get what you actually want. You want an announcement about this issue?

Take your pick . . . .

https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/post...ker=devtracker

Maybe that forum is invisible to you.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I understand the concept of keeping your audience informed
    That's the first step, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    but I still don't get what you actually want. You want an announcement about this issue?

Take your pick . . . .

https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/post...ker=devtracker
    What I and others want is a further step in Customer Care, it goes by the name "Updating".

Look at when all those announcements were given. If now I find a 5 hours long video of passengers reacting to turbulence, I bet you'll hear the Captain opening the mic roughly every 30 minutes.

Finally they got it, and now Cordovan is updating us with more frequency, even where he has little to say. But it is, at least, appreciated.
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (SB 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (SB 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Revenang and Hateful | 95 Champions (Anor) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark)

It certainly sucks that the game is having issues but this is only day 2 for me. I rarely ever have this crippling lag you speak of. I have run into bugs but honestly very few and far between. It sounds like you are just pissy. If you take the game this seriously maybe you should just move on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000000e74c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

4. Jul 16 2020, 02:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Seglord View Post
    Arkenstone had to shut down from their shutdown, and well it's not over, the horror continues, as they,, you guessed it are shut down again. what a total effing embarrassment you guys have handled Lotro, If you can never get it right in this many years, there is no hope.

Happens with all games. I remember when WOW Classic came out. Labor Day Weekend went down and my server was the last to come up after a 12 hour delay. I agree LOTRO has a lot of problems, mostly a small staff and smaller budget. It's something we accept. This just isnt the game for you then. No big deal. I know this. I am reading Lord of the Rings last night. 100 stairs in Moria just like in the game. Coming across Quickbeam. So many things they do get right. Relax. I am pissed too, but I am not going to let it ruin my day.

Quote Originally Posted by biglebowskki View Post
    Happens with all games. I remember when WOW Classic came out. Labor Day Weekend went down and my server was the last to come up after a 12 hour delay. I agree LOTRO has a lot of problems, mostly a small staff and smaller budget. It's something we accept. This just isnt the game for you then. No big deal. I know this. I am reading Lord of the Rings last night. 100 stairs in Moria just like in the game. Coming across Quickbeam. So many things they do get right. Relax. I am pissed too, but I am not going to let it ruin my day.
    it's not just the shutdowns, it's realeasing broken content, always.... it's about complete neglect of the pvmp world. it's about caring more about housing hooks, and festivals, instead of the crippling lag that has existed far too long. it is just slop.

I am tired of fanboi players always coming to defend this, there isn't a defense. They've been promising to fix this for years.
    Cheesiepoofs Bane of Vilya

not like this they dont, and its been years. no more excuses, it's not just the shutdowns, it's realeasing broken content, always.... it's about complete neglect of the pvmp world. it's about caring more about housing hooks, and festivals, instead of the crippling lag that has existed far too long. it is just slop.I am tired of fanboi players always coming to defend this, there isn't a defense. I quit this game 4 years ago, and I come back every 4-6 months for a few weeks, just to see how they are fixing things, I come back to find every thing they fix they break 10 other things, and a more diminished player base. you would expect that it has improved, and it never does.
    Ok Karen

it's not just the shutdowns, it's realeasing broken content, always.... it's about complete neglect of the pvmp world. it's about caring more about housing hooks, and festivals, instead of the crippling lag that has existed far too long. it is just slop.

I am tired of fanboi players always coming to defend this, there isn't a defense. They've been promising to fix this for years.
    I tired of people who somehow come up with idea what Lotro must be top PvP game and complain for 13 years when they don't see any developement in terms of PvP. If you really care about PvP go to other games and don't spread any negative here. They never promise anything special with lag fixes, because lags can have multiple amount of sources, it's like endless fight between bees and honey. And such problems like unstable working of server can come out from somewhere outside of SSG reach and can't be prevented. Any game can have such problems.

9. Jul 16 2020, 03:22 PM

10. Jul 16 2020, 03:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I tired of people who somehow come up with idea what Lotro must be top PvP game and complain for 13 years when they don't see any developement in terms of PvP. If you really care about PvP go to other games and don't spread any negative here. They never promise anything special with lag fixes, because lags can have multiple amount of sources, it's like endless fight between bees and honey. And such problems like unstable working of server can come out from somewhere outside of SSG reach and can't be prevented. Any game can have such problems.
    ohhh are you really tired of it?, this is a discussion forum, I will discuss what I want negative or not. this isn't the white house. they have promised to do balance, they have promised to get new servers to fix lag, yes lag exists from networking jams, but this lag is data coded sloppiness, there own servers bog down. not from the normal internet issues. remember before mounted combat, when lag was normal? now it is crippling most the time. for those who dont have that problem, no one cares, most of us do. at least those of us in situations where it is noticable, and not off singing at a festival, or hanging pictures in your house. where lag = who cares.

again you fanbois really don't need to apply, there is no reasonable defense for any of this. we know you are happy as pigs at a festival, welcome to your interactive storybook.

12. Jul 16 2020, 03:41 PM

The game was back up again a few minutes ago! Until is wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Curuer_Bauglir View Post
    The game was back up again a few minutes ago! Until is wasn't.
    yeah i noticed, which is why im back here yet again, while fanbois say how okay it is.

15. Jul 16 2020, 03:52 PM

Is it just me...or is it pretty much just U.S. Servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Smesch View Post
    Yep just a game. I never understood getting upset over a game.
    Nimrod, it's a game that costs money to play. People have the right to expect value for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregnole View Post
    Is it just me...or is it pretty much just U.S. Servers?
    Nope, Evernight went down a short time ago.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Nope, Evernight went down a short time ago.
    Evernight have hit once, looks like just side effect from all problems what have US servers in last 24 hours. I still thinking it's somehow related to twitter problems last night.

Evernight down but not in the notes........
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Evernight have hit once, looks like just side effect from all problems what have US servers in last 24 hours. I still thinking it's somehow related to twitter problems last night.
    we have probs in Evernight the last 2 days not only the last 24h.......
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    we have probs in Evernight the last 2 days not only the last 24h.......
    But Evernight still working, unlike other servers what was up and down?

Quote Originally Posted by Aragrin View Post

Actually this is the ONLY game I play, and no I won't take a step back. and yes this does happen too often

What a sad life you must live. May I suggest a nature walk? Seems some fresh air may do you some good.

24. Jul 16 2020, 05:05 PM

25. Jul 16 2020, 05:12 PM

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day

Just curious.... I know you probably invested a lot of time in this game, and that is why you still stick around.... but if in your opinion, SSG has not cared for the game in years, and everything is always broken, etc, etc.... what keeps you from moving to a different game?

Is it the Tolkien lore? For me that is a primary reason to still log on to the game, so that keeps drawing me back here.
    But as far as game tech goes, there are WAY better PvP games out there currently, and there are MUCH larger companies who release game content with a lot more QC involved.

I'm just wondering what keeps drawing you back? Is it the lore, the stories, the massive world of Middle Earth like it is for me? (And why I keep making alts...)

Or is it something else that makes you keep coming back, despite the horrible job SSG is doing? Curious mind wants to know
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

27. Jul 16 2020, 05:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Or is it something else that makes you keep coming back, despite the horrible job SSG is doing? Curious mind wants to know

For me, it's the stimulating Forum discussions.

"Tact is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Just curious.... I know you probably invested a lot of time in this game, and that is why you still stick around.... but if in your opinion, SSG has not cared for the game in years, and everything is always broken, etc, etc.... what keeps you from moving to a different game?
    It's like those marriages that go on because of the good memories, so you won't ask for divorce.
    Tolkien lore reason number 1 for me - or better, the only reason, since I genuinely believe that the game has fallen from grace. I keep noticing that many who are there for the Lore adverse competitiveness, in any form, not just PvP, while those who love challenges often get less than 10% of the in-game references.

In all of this I feel at maximum unease in this community, given that people who are Tolkien enthusiasts AND competitive AF seem to have become a rare sight.
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (SB 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (SB 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Revenang and Hateful | 95 Champions (Anor) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark)

Quote Originally Posted by Angbohr View Post
    It's like those marriages that go on because of the good memories, so you won't ask for divorce.

It would indeed be ironic if right in the middle of LOTRO's "The Great Wedding" festivities....so many customers are finally able to pull-the-trigger on DIVORCING the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Reactions like that only en-flame those who are trying to rile you up. Your frustrations are shared with a LOT of LOTRO customers (me included). And yes, once again, SSGs reaction has been horrible. But the language just can't go where you took it. You just gave them a reason to do what they want to do.... namely....to shut down the thread.
    A. I am having a good time, its funny to me, serious about the level of quality of the game though.
    B. What bag of D's is bad language? how? one should be lucky to have a bag of diamonds.
    C. if You're correct, and is shutdown I don't care. Don't think I was goaded into this. I know what I am doing, and collected.

I wonder if anyone has pointed out that LOTRO made an announcement about 21 hours ago stating that the issues are not only effecting LOTRO, but DDO as well. They, also, pointed out that the problems were likely not internal, but provider related. So, keep that in mind. LOTRO is likely dependent upon another party to solve the issues. Perhaps they are just as frustrated as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    I wonder if anyone has pointed out that LOTRO made an announcement about 21 hours ago stating that the issues are not only effecting LOTRO, but DDO as well. They, also, pointed out that the problems were likely not internal, but provider related. So, keep that in mind. LOTRO is likely dependent upon another party to solve the issues. Perhaps they are just as frustrated as you are.

I can almost picture it.

Devs: "Damn that provider!"
    That one Dev: "They aren't that bad, come on, I'm sure they are doing their bes-
    Devs "st f u, f4nB0y!!!!"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast