We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Evernight still broken

Even though reopened, Evernight is still unplayable. It is constantly freezing for 3, 4, 5 minutes at a time. Been like this for me for the last 3 hours. So the problem has not been fixed.

Anyone else experiencing problems? Stuck in work and the only thing keeping me going is the thought of finally being able to kill some orcs. If I get home and there are still problems I fear for my mental health, the general health of my family and all the breakables in the house

Yes, we do apologize for the issues you are experiencing. While we have been able to keep the game world open, the experience depending on what is going on has not been what we want.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by SauronTheAnnoyed View Post
    Even though reopened, Evernight is still unplayable. It is constantly freezing for 3, 4, 5 minutes at a time. Been like this for me for the last 3 hours. So the problem has not been fixed.
    On a totally off topic note, I have to say that I love your forum name!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

I'm not experiencing any of the issues listed above on Evernight. If anything, the lag is better than it has been in ages. However, for some reason I have lost Bass audio on the game. I checked internally, and all my settings are where they are supposed to be.

Perhaps it's a byproduct of the repair efforts. And, that's fine temporarily. But, if this is a purposeful item...it should be noted for the player.

Yes, the issues on Evernight remain.

Total freezes every couple minutes, unable to trade with npc's, chats nopt working. It's a complete lag fest.

My kinnies report same issues, but not all of them. One or two don't have lag or freezing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglion1 View Post
    Yes, the issues on Evernight remain.

Total freezes every couple minutes, unable to trade with npc's, chats nopt working. It's a complete lag fest.

My kinnies report same issues, but not all of them. One or two don't have lag or freezing problems.
    It would be interesting to know if those players in your kin NOT having lag issue are in the US or the EU. I'm in the US, and I have to say, this is the best playing experience I've ever had in the game. No lag whatsoever. We're talking 0.0% packet loss. Low Latency. A tracert might be revealing, because the Network Hubs are going to, obviously, be different. When I ran a tracert yesterday while the server was down, I got cut off at the provider which suggests LOTRO uses a Reverse Proxy Server (which sits in front of the origin) as opposed to a Front Proxy Server (which would sit in front of the client).

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    It would be interesting to know if those players in your kin NOT having lag issue are in the US or the EU.
    All of my kinmates are in Europe (from Latvia to Ireland and Scandinavia to Greece, so all over the place).

EU here, and Evernight is not playable for me. Freezes on the spot for minutes, skill lags ditto, even the rubberbanding is lagged
    When that happens the game shows high to very high packet loss percentages.

Edit: after I posted that I had about an hour of smooth gameplay, smoother than I'm used to even.

Edit2: Everything still smooth with around 1000 visible online. Looks like it is under control, from where I sit.
    Last edited by OghranNasty; Jul 21 2020 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    It would be interesting to know if those players in your kin NOT having lag issue are in the US or the EU. I'm in the US, and I have to say, this is the best playing experience I've ever had in the game. No lag whatsoever. We're talking 0.0% packet loss. Low Latency. A tracert might be revealing, because the Network Hubs are going to, obviously, be different. When I ran a tracert yesterday while the server was down, I got cut off at the provider which suggests LOTRO uses a Reverse Proxy Server (which sits in front of the origin) as opposed to a Front Proxy Server (which would sit in front of the client).
    I am from the US. I played this morning (around 6-8 AM central US time) for about two hours and everything was fine, aside from the chat channels not working. I completed my four weekly Minas Morgul instances and the 10 quests with no lag, no crashes, and nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Loochaldo View Post
    I am from the US. I played this morning (around 6-8 AM central US time) for about two hours and everything was fine, aside from the chat channels not working. I completed my four weekly Minas Morgul instances and the 10 quests with no lag, no crashes, and nothing out of the ordinary.
    I played more than 90 minutes tonight so far, and not a single problem. Looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    On a totally off topic note, I have to say that I love your forum name!
    Why thank you Mr Bowman.

Why thank you Mr Bowman.
    Well the Mirrormere is full of stars.......

Oh my god, that joke was so nerdish I almost winced.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Evernight Dual box test:

Tired of the 30 second lag in Minas Morgul this week I chose lowbies in the shire.

I expected that the server issues would effect both characters and they did, but on several occasions one in particular was getting freezes while the other was not. Send/ Received was dropping to values around 60 and at normal levels (500 - 2000) on the unaffected char as a freeze hit. I say dual box loosely, one box two clients. One freeze entailed a lost connect on that same most effected character.

Non-anons were nowhere near the peak of 6 weeks ago, peeps maybe found other things to do, so it shouldn't be straining.

The server just giving up on a client is not anything new though.

Well the Mirrormere is full of stars...
    Why thank you Mr Bowman.
    Sorry for the off-topic but, are you two familiar with the twin 'artificial persons' David and Walter in Alien Covenant and of course the others (Ash RIP Ian Holm, Bishop, etc.) in the other Alien movies? I have found that the questions of AI morality which are key plot movers in the series provide a good analogue to the decision-making of HAL in Space Odyssey.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Ash wasn't maybe the cutting edge model given it was a humdrum transport. Can imagine the various Bishops being more advanced as circumstances dictated. Hal would be at the further reaches of development without full understanding of implications. Maybe with David and Walter when freed from programming a reasoned, if selfish, choice can be made.

Hardware needs good code. The code should be able to mitigate/indicate when hardware starts to fail. But perhaps David had skipped the section mentioning Hal's bright green circle.

Marvin was utterly under utilized, Holly very much over.

Edit: chapeau to the brilliant minds that brought these classics to us.
    Last edited by Braer; Jul 22 2020 at 06:01 AM.

Just been kicked out after a major bout of lag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1892 View Post
    Just been kicked out after a major bout of lag
    I couldn't take more than two steps before freezing up on the three times I logged into EN last night. I haven't bothered trying today. So as far as I'm concerned, EN is also - still down, because it's not playable. the forums are the shakiest that I've ever seen them also.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I wouldn't try it, went back in again and lots of lag and rubber banding. Took a very long time to get the forum to load. I have the feeling things are about to get very bad again

Well the Mirrormere is full of stars.......

Oh my god, that joke was so nerdish I almost winced.

"Almost"?

6am in the UK I did the festival run on my four characters before the reset at 8am. - Evernight.

Few peeps about, non anons started at 167. Saw the first signs of misbehavior at a pop of 273 and a 1% lost by the 295 mark.

There were few on the other language server at 6am: 67, 72 and 67 with the EN RP at 125 so none pushing the envelope.

From US reports overnight at peek time some can still escape unscathed while others it's very dodgy. Perhaps as the server starts to struggle random characters will be sidelined but groups dependent on such an unfortunate will also suffer.

I wish more of the US feedback included pops as it's at least some indicator against the pathetic SSG/Industry line on not revealing the total numbers. Like anyone but them cares.

Round two later as the numbers rise before the shutdown/restart, hopefully.

P.S. Is 4.69.214.33 starting to struggle?

Comparing with Brandy: 2 or 3 time packet loss raise to 80%, but very quickly back to 0. 300-500 none-anon online

Playing on Evernight, played about 45 minutes and started freezing (same as last night on Landy), logged out or rather attempted to logout, 9 minutes (and counting) on the Waiting For Logout To Complete..., shutting down and going back to bed. I know the Midsummer Fest has been extended but I'm thinking it may need another extension.

oh well.......................

24. Jul 24 2020, 05:02 AM

I did not have major issues yet, but sometimes movement is jerky, some quest objects take long time to appear and the chat (tells) has delay (sometimes up to two minutes). And I crashed once in MT.

And now Im stuck in Bree and character doesnt even load in. Seems this latest hitch hit the layering areas the most.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast