We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The forums as almost as bad as the servers

While waiting a week for the servers, I'm finally going to bring this up. The forums are terrible. Constantly failing to communicate. Regular "Secure Connect Failed". Posts freeze and die. I get "You need more than 3 characters" when there are more. Failures to connect. Lots and lots of technical glitches that seem to be the equivalent of major lag when it's in the game.

This has been going on for years, but seems to have gotten worse along with the server issue. Any relationship? Any plans on addressing lotro.com performance?

The forums and web site have been directly impacted by the data center issues over the past week. During times where things are happening you can expect both the forums and web site to be largely unresponsive. We have been trying to keep our immediate announcements on Twitter and Facebook for this reason (there have been times where access to launcher and web site messaging has been unavailable).
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The forums and web site have been directly impacted by the data center issues over the past week. During times where things are happening you can expect both the forums and web site to be largely unresponsive. We have been trying to keep our immediate announcements on Twitter and Facebook for this reason (there have been times where access to launcher and web site messaging has been unavailable).
    Thanks again. That was expected, but it's also good to get past expected to actually know something.

Unhappy Lag and connection problems

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    While waiting a week for the servers, I'm finally going to bring this up. The forums are terrible. Constantly failing to communicate. Regular "Secure Connect Failed". Posts freeze and die. I get "You need more than 3 characters" when there are more. Failures to connect. Lots and lots of technical glitches that seem to be the equivalent of major lag when it's in the game.

This has been going on for years, but seems to have gotten worse along with the server issue. Any relationship? Any plans on addressing lotro.com performance?
    I have noticed this too and hope the most recent series of down-times are going to be successful in getting all the servers up and glitch-free. As a VIP subscriber, the amount of downtime has really irked me...

The forums have been in bad shape for YEARS. Many have complained about it and nothing gets fixed, time to start speaking with your wallet if they won't listen...
    Last edited by IcarusLSC; Jul 22 2020 at 07:55 PM.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    The forums have been in bad shape for YEARS. Many have complained about it and nothing gets fixed, time to start speaking with your wallet if they won't listen...
    Yes, and so have the servers. However, the lotro.com web site has seen degradation right along with the recent problems with play servers. It doesn't hurt to confirm they're related.