We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Line trait selection

Hello everyone,

I have returned to the game after being going for a few years. I would like to give the hunter a try. I have read some of the hunter posts, but not sure what info was still good to use. Not sure which trait line to take. I solo play only, I don't run instances or raids.

Usually solo goes with blue as you run and shoot (kiting) pretty much anything.

Blue or red, depending on if you like to be mobile or not. Both work fine. You could pick both, really, and swap as the situation demands. You'll probably end up mixing a bit of both anyway.

Means you're leveling a brand new Hunter? I recommend Red. You don't have the damage output to one-shot #### yet, so Blue isn't as attractive.

Red for killing, Blue for kiting.

Try the Red Way with Strength Stance up to Level 85+*
    That will kill fast if you play versus Enemies on your Level or near your Level Range.
    You have to stand still, shoot and advance.
    More Damage, greater Range, good start to use a Rotation of Skills in longer Fights.
    Use Different Skills to seperate groups of enemies. (Trap, Bards Arrow, Stuns,.... - Most Hunters do not even know that they own this skills)

The Blue Way depends on Running around while shooting Arrows on your Enemy.
    In Core you Run in Circle in Precision Stance and Shoot Arrows while in move.
    That works as long you have the Option to Move.....

* Later most Hunters switch in Red to Precision Stance, as it performs better.
    You get Legendary Items and the Handweapon Bonus of Strength Stance goes up to 10% on normal Legendary Handweapons. If you inspire it, then it is even lower, While the Critical Bonus of Precision Stance increase more and more.
    Up to Level 85 Strength Stance does more Damage, and doing Damage is the core Job of a Hunter, next to Porting Fellows :-)

I play Hunters on Evernight as a solo player. So I start Blue and remain blue - it allows for kiting and one can train self in kiting from the start, if you want to be a High End DPS for a group then Red - I heard that some play yellow, but from what I can see from the tree, it is just not worth it.

Once your main tree has been completed - then you can experiment a little by dipping into the other colour.