We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blindside Change

Hello,

I have posted this in other areas of the the boards just want to cover bases in case someone at SSG actually reads.

Blinside change or at least a ranged interupt is a great idea.

However, I play yellow, I currently use blindside very often to generate focus.

Can we PLEASE just remove interupt from blindside and ADD a ranged interupt?

This is supposed to be a Buff for hunters correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithlanros View Post
    Can we PLEASE just remove interupt from blindside and ADD a ranged interupt?
    This is supposed to be a Buff for hunters correct?

^this
    Add, don't subtract.
    Please leave Blindside as-is in game now, and add a ranged interrupt skill.
    Preferably one with NO damage attached, just an interrupt. So people don't try to weave it in for that little extra damage.

As of today on live servers, Blindside is an immediate ranged skill that does more damage than Blood Arrow, interrupts inductions, and adds 3 to focus.

I don't know what there is to complain about, although maybe they overdid it and will nerf it at some point.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Truroar / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval michaleo.wordpress.com

There is nothing to complain about here. Blindside is exactly the same as before in terms of why you would use it in yellow. It does more damage, immediate animation, can be used from range, still generates focus, and the only possible downside is the cd inceasing to 16s. This technically means it generates less focus per min, but when I yellow(moors) you end up kiting 90% of the time and have to swoop in to use your melee skills. With everything that got buffed on this skill its still better than when used previously in yellow. Maybe levels 1-40 its useful to have the old? if even...

its incredibly overpowered atm.

They really should revert the blindside change and just add a 0damage ranged interrupt skill.
    As it currently stands, I'm waiting for blindside to get nerfed to unusability.

They have definitely overdone blindside, it's too strong and will need a nerf.

I would definitely support them removing the dmg from it, it's the only thing they can really nerf it with now except for increasing its cd/costs focus and reducing the dmg by ~80% but thats crazy with an already 18s cd for an interrupt.
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Aug 06 2020 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrplaneswalker View Post
    its incredibly overpowered atm.

They really should revert the blindside change and just add a 0damage ranged interrupt skill.
    As it currently stands, I'm waiting for blindside to get nerfed to unusability.
    I kinda agree. The only downside to Blindside now is you don't get to punch saber toothed tigers in the face. If they reduced the damage down to around Quick Shot, it would still be useful for interrupts and focus gen because it's so damned fast.

It's not out of line, damage-wise, from the other utility skills, it's just all the others have a downside like induction, melee, or much longer CD.

I am not in favor of a nerf.

I am in favor of a reversion plus a new ranged interrupt for little to no damage.

Why does SSG always choose the lazy way?

I noticed that blindside is still classified as a melee skill. Did anyone test whether the melee crit multiplier legacy apply to it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithlanros View Post

I'd forgotten that about playing yellow.
    The removed focus generation was supposed to hit RED LINE hunters.
    We may never know what caused it to be removed from YELLLOW.
    That is not a known colour blindness.

As a change, make it add focus for yellow and give yellow the reuglar old range for skill use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimethylglyoxime View Post
    I noticed that blindside is still classified as a melee skill. Did anyone test whether the melee crit multiplier legacy apply to it now?
    Yes, the melee crit multiplier does indeed apply to blindsided.