We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I Can't figure out the benefit of Execute.

Is anyone using this skill? And, if you are, in what scenario do you let it fly? I just can't comprehend its benefit. I don't want to throw away all my wrath (which will immediately lower my critical rating) and force me into man form to rebuild wrath. Granted, I do that in a routine to set debuffs and buffs and bleeds. But, I can do just as much damage using Armor Crush, Tier 3 Thrash, and Vicious Claws. Also, there is no guarantee that Execute is even going to do a good bit of damage.

Case in point: Cassava scored a partially evaded hit with Execute on Girwael for 37,188 (36,258 from 65 Wrath) Beleriand damage to Morale.

Really? Blowing 65 wrath and a good bit of critical rating on a 37k hit. Why take the gamble? If there were a buff or debuff attached to the skill, it might be worth the risk since those would be placed no matter what. But, as a stand alone skill it's hit or miss. And, with the mediocre state of dps on Bears, it's a gamble I don't understand.

I don't even spend points on it anymore after the nerf. Can't say I miss it.

Execute is uselss in the current state. Forget about it untill, if ever, it will be fixed.

Also, the best way to make a dps bear is not to go deep in the red line, but instead spending your points on debuffs in blue and yellow lines. There is a post in this section somewhere with pictures and explanations.

Before the great Red Beorning Nerf, you could get free procs of Excecute under certain conditions where no wrath was spent. Back then Execute also did fairly decent damage so it could be worth using as a finishing move, especially if you were ready to fire off Call To Wild to build wrath back up. Now with the nerf I can't find even any creative uses of it.