We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Rohan housing is obscenely overpriced!

I honestly can't believe the pricing of the new Rohan housing.

Meadhalls: 894 Mithril coins.

Regular houses: 422 - 747 Mithril coins.

That's 4x250 Mithril coins to get enough for the mead hall, or 8000 Lotro points, or approximately £65 GBP.

Obscene pricing and very disappointing SSG.

Well the Gondor premium houses cost the same. Nevertheless it's still way too expensive for my taste.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

I think its a good price! Scares off the people that want to buy up all the spaces.

well done Turbine!
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 9 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Menathradon View Post
    I think its a good price! Scares off the people that want to buy up all the spaces.

well done Turbine!
    Except that all Mead Halls on my server were sold within one hour of the servers reopening. They should have added more neighbourhoods I guess.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Similar to Belfalas housing, other than not having the lowest tier. But mead hall and kin houses on par with pricing.

I consider mead halls equivalent to kin islands, so that's about what I was expecting. What I don't understand is why, knowing how the kin islands were snapped up, they only put one mead hall per neighborhood.

Now the regular houses...haven't seen them yet, but unless they're a lot bigger than the Belfalas houses, that does seem steep.

I see integrity

I personally find high priced "fluff" items to be just fine in cases like this. There are still many games that make all their money selling PTW items in sensationalized card-packs, drawings and lootcrates...many of them.

A applaud the creativity of a company who manages to create a "must have" fluff item.

I mean sure, cheaper everything would always be great, but I'd rather this than some of the truly sleazy tactics of many EA games.

(glass-half-full session over)
    Radanir: I have seen more manure already in Dunland than I have in my entire life in the north.

Except you can't even enter to buy a house if below level 80 I think.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

I agree with the OP, prices are insanely high.

Stupid me for buying 10 writs with the LP I had left, back when they were on sale a few days ago. It won't matter though, because I will likely leave the game for good.

b414213562 is offline Crosser of Roads
    Plugin Along
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenwald View Post
    I honestly can't believe the pricing of the new Rohan housing.
    Obscene pricing and very disappointing SSG.
    Those are the same prices that have been on the test server since February and similar to other premium housing. Given everything you get with these houses (a basement, a barn, etc.), I actually expected the prices to go up from what was on the test server, so these seem like a good deal all around.

Also, since February there was a 30% off Writ sale (175 LP instead of 250 LP), so the 36 writs for a mead hall would only cost 6.300 LP instead of 9.000 LP. On top of that, there was at least one double-bonus LP sale (bringing down the price of getting those 6.300 LP in the first place).

I'm curious what you think is a "fair" price for self-described *premium* housing with 182 decoration hooks, 14 lighting hooks, and 61 exterior hooks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    What I don't understand is why, knowing how the kin islands were snapped up, they only put one mead hall per neighborhood.
    From a lore perspective, I don't recall any other Rohan cities/towns/neighborhoods with more than one meadhall. It might be a bit weird to wander in and find 5 of them close by. Similarly, though, I hope that the mead-hall owner can't lock anyone out in their permissions tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandhras View Post
    Stupid me for buying 10 writs with the LP I had left, back when they were on sale a few days ago.
    Well, if you looked at the test server price of 18 writs for the cheapest premium house up to 36 writs for the mead hall and thought the price would come down at least 50% on live, that was overly optimistic.

Not all think to go on BR and it's subject to change anyway. The article needed to be out before the patch with a pricing breakdown, now people are hooked into buying more writs compared to a cheaper MC alternative. With every Mead Hall going with 6 to 10 other houses still for sale then sticking to Lore will have each neighborhood at best half empty. And people will likely wait out a new hood for as long as it takes. Six months since the first look and no broker in Bree and 70 limit on summoning? Art get months and systems 5 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Not all think to go on BR and it's subject to change anyway.
    Exactly. The numbers you see on BR may not reflect what you will see on the live servers. My "10" derived on the price of the most expensive stately (i.e. "regular") Gondor house.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Except you can't even enter to buy a house if below level 80 I think.
    This is an acknowledged bug that they are working on (posted in another thread).

I agree with the OP, prices are insanely high.

Stupid me for buying 10 writs with the LP I had left, back when they were on sale a few days ago. It won't matter though, because I will likely leave the game for good.
    It is equivalent pricing to the Belfalas premium housing, except they did include the lowest tier houses. The pricing is not a surprise in this regard.

Micro-transactions are the way SSG is headed and not cheap ones either. They are gonna give away content and charge for everything inside it...
    Good way to empty out the game and make servers loads better though I suppose
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

I really don't have an issue with it, like a post said above, it cuts out the folks buying up all the land.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

b414213562 is offline Crosser of Roads
    Plugin Along
    Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Not all think to go on BR and it's subject to change anyway.
    I didn't go on the test server, but lots of nice people did! When I search YouTube for "rohan housing test server", the first video from February shows housing prices at 11 minutes in. The second and third videos from last week show the housing prices in the description.

Exactly. The numbers you see on BR may not reflect what you will see on the live servers. My "10" derived on the price of the most expensive stately (i.e. "regular") Gondor house.
    Sure, it could go up or down, but when the prices are in line with other *premium* housing and stay consistent on the test server, I still say it's overly optimistic to expect a range of 18-36 writs to drop to 10 or less.

I was imagining a top price of $100 given the extra functionality so the $45 to $90 is in line with Belfalas.

So, you have a company in a highly capitalist profit driven society that comes out with a “new” pure virtual product at the same price as the last similar product with only a limited number on release to cause a market shortage. Numbers that can and probably will be increased in the next highly profitable patch so that more will scramble to buy virtual entities for $75 or more. All at a cost to them of <30 minutes of intern time to replicate some database entries.

SSG should be nominated for marketing company of the month. Even better than beanie babies in happy meals, black or titanium AMEX cards, or special edition gold iPhone 10s, here there is no manufacturing or delivery cost. Just a completely arbitrary scarcity of a purely virtual resource.

Angry To Expensive

I agree with the top post. Premium housing is obscenely overpriced. I'll stay in my Breeland home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Except that all Mead Halls on my server were sold within one hour of the servers reopening. They should have added more neighbourhoods I guess.
    This is great to hear! We can rest comfortably knowing this game is supported by loyal players willing to spend any amount SSG asks to keep the game at exactly the same high standard it has been for the last decade, with plenty more opportunities to pay extra to come. The more of these macro-transactions, the better for us to keep the world alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    This is great to hear! We can rest comfortably knowing this game is supported by loyal players willing to spend any amount SSG asks to keep the game at exactly the same high standard it has been for the last decade, with plenty more opportunities to pay extra to come. The more of these macro-transactions, the better for us to keep the world alive!
    this has become revolting.

I bought the mountain special house this afternoon. I'm really quite pleased with it. can dip my toes in the snow. understanding the horse feature now, I know I won't use it. Maybe 1 or at most 2 but I would never get close to using them all up because then I'd be stuck with those 5 forever. Also they are creepy as hell standing as statues. Won't make any as statues.

I would like to use the pet feature. But not for $2.00 a pop. Maybe if the store ads these tokens on sale I'd get a few. The house cost 6000 so it'll be a while before my miserly tendencies are soft enough again.

Quote Originally Posted by ElanorFb View Post
    Maybe 1 or at most 2 but I would never get close to using them all up because then I'd be stuck with those 5 forever.
    It's okay, you can buy more Steed Halters for only 20 MC each, and if you're not dedicated enough to buy them out of pocket, you can do some quick LP grinding and get them that way. There's no limit, really, just how much money/time you're willing to invest in this optional design feature, and as you say, you might only ever need 1 or 2 out of the first 5 you get for free anyway.

It's okay, you can buy more Steed Halters for only 20 MC each, and if you're not dedicated enough to buy them out of pocket...
    So, while i'm trying to figure out if i've entered some dystopian future where micro-transactions are incorrigibly lauded, SSG are similarly pinching themselves wondering if this utopia is but a dream.
    Last edited by Sovereign50; Aug 06 2020 at 12:01 AM.