We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for a song in ABC format for Songbook

American Pie...Don McClean

I found one, but it's a foreshortened version.
    I would like one that includes all of the verses.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

2. Aug 05 2020, 01:45 PM

3. Aug 05 2020, 01:54 PM

4. Aug 06 2020, 11:36 PM

5. Aug 07 2020, 12:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post

I just made a Full solo version of this all verses full 8 mins and 25s, found a midi that sounded great, there were several versions i found, i had to edit the midi file cause while sounded good, it did not as a solo, so took parts from another version that fit better.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I just made a Full solo version of this all verses full 8 mins and 25s, found a midi that sounded great, there were several versions i found, i had to edit the midi file cause while sounded good, it did not as a solo, so took parts from another version that fit better.
    Pontin!
    That sounds like exactly what I am looking for!
    I have written alternative lyrics for that tune and would be happy to share them with if you could share that file with me.
    I am an aspiring lutist, yet to perform his first solo.
    I call the alternate scribblings The Last King. It gives the story of Arvedui and the hobbits involvement in the northern battles.
    I think we share citizenship on the Crickhollow server.
    My character there (my main) is Wink.
    Perhaps we can arrange a trade?

Bo

Here you go, file uploaded in zip on google drive anyone can use and play it, everything i make is shared.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Aug 26 2022 at 09:07 PM. Reason: removed old link

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Here you go, file uploaded in zip on google drive anyone can use and play it, everything i make is shared. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F2l...ew?usp=sharing
    Thank you very much Pontin.
    I really appreciate it.

I must be looking for an extended version or something.
    I posts at slightly over 6 minutes and I am still 2 verses and a couple of choruses short.
    Maybe you have 2 of these?
    I see above you noted 8 mins, 25 secs....

Edit: After fooling around a bit I figured out that the ABC file you posted is indeed the 8+ min version.
    I am having trouble with getting the Songbook plugin to load in new files.
    I will get it figured out...I always do. Sometimes I just need a little extra time. Must be because I am so young.

Edit #2: Ok, I figured that out. It works now. And, Pontin, now, thanks to you, I am hooked on making my own ABCs...that was devious...
    I have it working, but it's much more complex than I expected...I will be a while learning.
    Last edited by Boraxxe; Aug 09 2020 at 09:44 PM.

Glad you figured it out! it takes time getting used to but once do it becomes easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post

I was glad to see that the reason you're looking for the full version of the tune is because of your lyrics, and not the other way around. Many epic songs like that have melodies that are intentionally very repetitive and are not really meant to be performed full length except as accompaniment to lyrics that can hold the audience's attention. (I have several times seen players present the long version without lyrics, and watched audiences slowly evaporate.)

12. Aug 26 2022, 09:06 PM

I know this thread a few years old now, but thought I'd share that there's a newer version of American Pie solo remade still the full 8 and a half min version, I generally like to find and make the full original version of songs, not the sort version, anyway heres a new version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7-...ew?usp=sharing