We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Game is beyond unplayable due to server lag

title.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    What server? I have no issues whatsoever on Arkenstone...
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I played Arkenstone this weekend with no issues. I heard that Landy had some problems.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Evernight. PvMP. It's actually super unfun due to lags.

EN is unplayable atm. 98.8% packet loss, unable to move, unable to interact with NPC's but no disconnect and chat channels still up. WC showing tons of similar reports from lots of players.

Logging off now, and hopefully it will be cleared later.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Arnor in similar state.
    charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000851e5/01000/signature.png]Aresborn[/charsig]

Laurelin is unplayable today...

Rosadora is offline Never too old to Rock and Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    EN is unplayable atm. 98.8% packet loss, unable to move, unable to interact with NPC's but no disconnect and chat channels still up. WC showing tons of similar reports from lots of players.

Logging off now, and hopefully it will be cleared later.
    I was playing on Anor a few moments ago, lag was horrendous. It seemed to clear up so I alted and I am now unable to log in at all, I get stuck at the loading screen

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxapart View Post
    Laurelin is unplayable today...
    Yeah, can't even move. Massive rubberbanding
    Last edited by Jesper_Claessens; Aug 18 2020 at 08:56 AM.
    "The leaves were long, the grass was green, The hemlock-umbels tall and fair, And in the glade a light was seen Of stars in shadow shimmering.
    Tinuviel was dancing there To music of a pipe unseen, And light of stars was in her hair, And in her raiment glimmering. [...]" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Rosadora View Post
    I was playing on Anor a few moments ago, lag was horrendous. It seemed to clear up so I alted and I am now unable to log in at all, I get stuck at the loading screen
    I just tried to log into Anor. Same problem.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Landroval unplayable, rubberbanding, freezing, months of this, Why in the world can you not fix this game, or hire someone who can? this is getting absolutely negligent on you.
    Cheesiepoofs Bane of Vilya

getting major lag and rubberbanding on Gladden right now very unplayable
    One Does Not Simply Walk into Minas Tirith they rubber band in!!

Brandywine is in the same state. Horrible rubberbanding, mounting/dismounting taking upwards of 10 seconds. Not good.

Brandywine lag is unbearable right now. Can we get a fix on this please?

Gwaihir is the same, I had similar problems yesterday but now I am stuck in the loading screen...

Massive rubberbanding on Arkenstone, started about a half hour ago. I tried leaving MT to go to the south gate, got about half way there, and I keep rubber banding 30 yards back

I won't be able to play for another 12 hours or so, anyone know how Arkenstone is today? Late last night, I was starting to get skill lag.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

I immediately lost connection on Arkenstone, relogged and rode down the road about 15 seconds and froze. Gladdin was OK for a brief check-in before this.

Gwaihir, some phases with 0% loss, then long phases of 40%. /world is full of complaints.

Thundertrain is offline Silently Judging Your Spelling and Grammar
    Confirming Arkenstone is in a similar state. Hitching and rubberbanding so badly in even low-populated areas that walking is a waste of time. *sigh*

Is this a server issue in the data center, or is this potentially some kind of connection issue? We're 2 for 2 on mornings this week, though yesterday everything was cleaned up and functional again about 2 hours after the issues started.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

Lag/rubber banding on Crickhollow for the last hour.

Getting annoying now. We had the downtime a few weeks ago while SSG "investigated issues in their DC". I stayed calm and accepted that stuff happens and they would get things fixed... then the gameworlds were reopened... but very little actually changed.

Still getting connection issues, rubberbanding, freezing, etc. Still getting the random "no items in your house" issue, world transfers are back down (or were, not checked today), epic battles were unavailable.

My VIP sub runs out in a couple of days and, while I do enjoy the game, I have spent a lot of money on this recently, furnishing my house and my kin house with LoTRO points, as well as VIP... and I can rarely use my purchases as I can either not log in, not play the game, or not access my items. It gets worse when I try to play in a fellowship as the issues are spread across all parties (not working for one, impacts all)

SSG gave a basic apology and a few free tomes, etc. for the downtime, but they haven't really *fixed* anything. At this stage, there is no end in site, and not even a pretence that SSG are working on the issues. Can we desist with the new features and extra areas and instead focus on fixing the actual issues with the game? If this remains in this state for much longer I will cut my losses and move on to something else.

Hah! You guys moan about not being able to move - I've been getting stuck at the loading screen after choosing a character and even the login server several times now. The "connexion" just times out. Ah well, I guess for me it's back to Dragon Age Origins again ...

EDIT: I'll just add this to my comment: Today, after coming back from a vacation without internet for 2 weeks, I actually thought about buying some Lotro points to be able to afford one of those fancy Rohan houses - after all they fixed the quest I was so mad about. But this experience is a dire warning to me: I won't invest one more cent into a game when I can't be sure I'll be able to play at all. When the game has been running (relatively) smoothly for enough time (not sure yet how long that is exactly) then I'll reconsider, but currently I am constantly thinking they'll end up not being able to make the servers work.
    Last edited by Gildoriel; Aug 18 2020 at 09:50 AM.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Not true, Arkenstone and Landroval are very much playable, its probably your connection i had no problems on either and my internet is not even good, some hiccups here and there and servers are broke

next thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hankenstein View Post
    Not true, Arkenstone and Landroval are very much playable, its probably your connection i had no problems on either and my internet is not even good, some hiccups here and there and servers are broke

next thread
    Lol, I was actually waiting for this response - when a large number of people have the same problem at the same time, what is more probable? That the problem is on all their individual sides at the same time or that there is one central problem which affects all of them? You know, the players that report problems come from different countries, different continents ... I don't believe some internet company cut a cable by mistake.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast