We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Update 27.3

Update 27.3

What's going on with the festivals? Are you combining the Summer Festival with the Farmers Faire one?

A bit more information on what's going on would be helpful as I'm not understanding what your plan is especially with you removing all our summer tokens

For those who haven't read the patch notes yet here's what they say:

Beginning this year, Farmer's Faire now includes prior Summer (Lithe) Festival content, including quests and seasonal instances. All Summer Festival tokens have been automatically converted into Farmer's Faire tokens. You will receive three Farmer's Faire tokens in your barter wallet for every Summer Festival token removed.

Yeah they told us the Farmer's Faire and Summer festival will be running at sametime, if i remember correctly Cordovan said they might do something about the token's during one of his live streams awhile back and seems they did.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Yeah they told us the Farmer's Faire and Summer festival will be running at sametime, if i remember correctly Cordovan said they might do something about the token's during one of his live streams awhile back and seems they did.
    I saw the post about them running at the same time but assumed they were just being run concurrently and not being amalgamated.

Thundertrain is offline Silently Judging Your Spelling and Grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItaOperor View Post
    I saw the post about them running at the same time but assumed they were just being run concurrently and not being amalgamated.
    This was my assumption, too. I'm not against this at all, though. Anything that eliminates an extra currency seems like a great idea. It also means you can use the (formerly) Summer Festival events to earn tokens towards Farmer's Faire rewards, and vice versa.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

I expect they did the combination because the Midsummer Festival was added. It was scheduled at the original Summer (Lithe) Festival time slot.

It certainly looks like the Summer Festival is being amalgamated into the Farmers Faire, probably due to the Midsummer Festival having been added, as has already been mentioned.

I'm sad about this. I enjoyed both festivals. For me a combination with the fall festival which I rarely do would have been far better. I have to see how it works out with the wrappers and daily requirements, also with the earning of tokens compared to prices. I like questing both of them on several characters and hope the daily wrapper hasn't been doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I'm sad about this. I enjoyed both festivals. For me a combination with the fall festival which I rarely do would have been far better. I have to see how it works out with the wrappers and daily requirements, also with the earning of tokens compared to prices. I like questing both of them on several characters and hope the daily wrapper hasn't been doubled.

The thing is, they slid the Summer festival later, in order to fit in the Mid-Summer/Wedding, and created a whole bunch of new items for the brand-new-shiny-festival. But next Summer, they'll be stuck in the same situation again...not enough time to create a bunch of new items. Except now it will be even worse (for the Devs) because now they have ANOTHER whole festival that players will expect new items for.

If you can't keep up with the creative demands of the events you already have...why create another one with even more demands?

Hmmmmm...this is starting to sound very familiar....

How will this affect AA/IL deliveries?
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    The thing is, they slid the Summer festival later, in order to fit in the Mid-Summer/Wedding, and created a whole bunch of new items for the brand-new-shiny-festival. But next Summer, they'll be stuck in the same situation again...not enough time to create a bunch of new items. Except now it will be even worse (for the Devs) because now they have ANOTHER whole festival that players will expect new items for.

If you can't keep up with the creative demands of the events you already have...why create another one with even more demands?

Hmmmmm...this is starting to sound very familiar....

Unless in reality, the summer festival was replaced by the Midsummer Festival but as the Midsummer was totally new and linked to the Wedding the quests and items from previous Sumer Festivals get pushed into the Farmers Faire, which does have something mentioning fish in it already lol (about the only thing i have done in the summer fest is fish lol). So next year they won't be creating new items for the "summer Festival" as was, just items for the 1-year-old Midsummer and the Farmers Faire which will still contain the past Summer Festival quests and items.

Maybe they are hoping this way the creative demands (well for festivals) are reduced or at least not significantly increased on what they were say in 2018 and 2019 before the Midsummer Fest/Wedding arrived. Also it will have been a year and so any dust about the replacement and/or amalgamation of the Summer Festival into other festivals will have settled. As to what effect it will have re the rewards avaabile and the cost of items in the Farmers Faire we'll just have to wait and see until the game has updated.

I am sure the wiki maintainers would love to know this but from what it is looking like summer festival is merging into the Farmer's Faire. Farmer's Faire was a small festival to begin with.
    One Does Not Simply Walk into Minas Tirith they rubber band in!!

Definitely going to be a headache for the wiki maintainers.

The big question is - once we get our tokens (and it's 3x Summer into Farmers Faire I believe) will they cap it, like they have done in Midsummer.
    Looking at my tokens on my main, I am due 2908 tokens on Rana via the combination of converted Summer and current Farmers.

Also interested in an answer to what happens with the IL/AA beer runs - I am not sure if Midsummer had it open, if they did, that's great. If they didn't, we are down one potential run of tokens for that.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

IMHO, Farmers Faire judging by theme of festival more close to summer festival. Having 2 festival with close atmoshpere and theme very close to each other always was weird decision

I would have preferred running summer fest with Midsummer so we had a choice of festival as I can't see myself running the rings in MT again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranatuor_Erutron View Post

The big question is - once we get our tokens (and it's 3x Summer into Farmers Faire I believe) will they cap it, like they have done in Midsummer.
    Looking at my tokens on my main, I am due 2908 tokens on Rana via the combination of converted Summer and current Farmers.

Also interested in an answer to what happens with the IL/AA beer runs - I am not sure if Midsummer had it open, if they did, that's great. If they didn't, we are down one potential run of tokens for that.
    " ... wiki maintainers" Hehe, thanks for that, I needed a good laugh
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I think their idea is to replace the summer festival with the new midsummer festival, as far as timing goes..... but not remove the current summer festival, but instead combine all quests from summer and farmer's faire into one festival....

In essence, we wouldn't lose any quests besides 2 (both the horse races), and we gained a whole new festival with MANY quests.

I was concerned about this at first, but I am starting to think I rather like it. It would give us more flexibility as to which quests we choose to do as well, as there will be MANY of them in the "new and improved" Farmer's Faire.....

We'll see how it pans out in the real world, but I don't think we have to worry about losing anything when it comes to festival quests.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Nah. If FibroJedi can do it on his website (and he did another fine job with the Midsummer fest), so can any wiki maintainer.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiandrial View Post
    " ... wiki maintainers" Hehe, thanks for that, I needed a good laugh
    What is that supposed to mean?

If you don't think the job is being done well, you are always welcome to volunteer your time to help make it better, like the thousands of others who have done so without any compensation whatsoever. I'm sorry if their immense body of unpaid work doesn't rise to your lofty standards.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Aug 19 2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I think their idea is to replace the summer festival with the new midsummer festival, as far as timing goes..... but not remove the current summer festival, but instead combine all quests from summer and farmer's faire into one festival....

In essence, we wouldn't lose any quests besides 2 (both the horse races), and we gained a whole new festival with MANY quests.

I was concerned about this at first, but I am starting to think I rather like it. It would give us more flexibility as to which quests we choose to do as well, as there will be MANY of them in the "new and improved" Farmer's Faire.....

We'll see how it pans out in the real world, but I don't think we have to worry about losing anything when it comes to festival quests.
    I don't think we will loose anything when it comes to festival quests. The problem I see is with the extended time that might be needed to finish the wrapper. I will hopefully find out today and then comment further.

I really loved the amount of quests at the Midsummer festival that permitted me to choose and have the opportunity to do 2 days wrapper in one giving the opportunity to play an alt through. What I "hate" is capped currency. I also wasn't to thrilled to have so many nice items locked behind the hobbit gift like the flower vase and recolors of the lotus.

On another note, some of the housing items really need to become large furniture. I really don't know why large yard items become special furniture when they really don't need that much space. There are so many decorating possibilities which are just not doable with special furniture due to limited slots. But that is more a housing problem then a festival one.
    Last edited by wispsong; Aug 19 2020 at 12:54 PM.

Farmer's Faire = fun times in Bywater of the Shire

Summer Fest = Fishing all over eriador, lol

Makes sense for them to be combined.

They didn't yeah I am concerned about this as well, hopefully if they change the Midsummer festival to be the "new" summer festival then they will add this for next year. I wonder if they will also move Thrang over, or keep it as a "Farmer's Faire instance".

PS. If Farmer's Faire tokens are capped I'm staging a protest at the Party Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    They didn't yeah I am concerned about this as well, hopefully if they change the Midsummer festival to be the "new" summer festival then they will add this for next year. I wonder if they will also move Thrang over, or keep it as a "Farmer's Faire instance".

PS. If Farmer's Faire tokens are capped I'm staging a protest at the Party Tree.
    Seasonal instances, as per the current release notes, are gonna stay.. so if instead of Summer it says FF in the instance finder, it won't matter. Thrang should be happening anyways (ofc, EBs should've come with the HD release in the LS buuuut, they weren't.. so, there's always that).

AA/IL runs haven't been mentioned. IMO, there's no reason not to enable them. The large box of fest tokens may or may not be updated properly (it shouldn't display the summer tokens anymore).

The festival tokens cap is what I'm most worried about. I already worry about too many silly caps.. I don't like having to mind that too while doing something relaxing as a festival.