We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

For those concerned about there payment info and lack of security

After reading in a few threads about people complaining that there payment info could easily be stolen. Please note your payment info is not stored by SSG/Turbine anymore at least I don't think it is and has not been for a very long time. Confirmation from a blue name would be appreciated.

I believe all payment information, subscription info and all real world money transactions are securely stored by Xsolla. See this article below from Xsolla it is from last year and deals with fraud and lotro.
    https://xsolla.com/blog/payments/889...teway-solution.

Also when you buy your expansions and other goodies in the LOTRO Market that site is handled securely by Digital River.

Also as an extra layer of security you could use PayPal instead of your bank card or even better an actual credit card the idea being you do not want the money coming directly out of your checking account that extra buffer is great for security. I hope this helps those concerned about the security of there payment info.

So to sum up I think all real world money interactions are handled by 3rd party companies that have a well established history of providing secure payment and store solutions.
    Last edited by krypto182; Aug 21 2020 at 05:42 AM.
    One Does Not Simply Walk into Minas Tirith they rubber band in!!

lmao.

I couldn't log in, yet again, so I hit the forums to confirm that external issues beyond SSG's control are once again the culprit. In so doing, I learned that this post is necessary.

Doing great SSG, keep up the outstanding work!

They're not unknown in other games.
    Sadly I've seen several reports on the LOTRO twitter (and here, I think) that payments for VIP are not being processed at all.

LOL, just had to point out that the "there" in the forum title should be THEIR !@! Just another example of how poor humans are becoming at,
    or even caring about, communicating effectively

Quote Originally Posted by crushemall View Post
    LOL, just had to point out that the "there" in the forum title should be THEIR !@! Just another example of how poor humans are becoming at,
    or even caring about, communicating effectively
    Was there more to say? if not you dropped this ".".

LOL