We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need advice on shutting down log in screen

Hi all!

For two days I've been stuck on the "attempting to log in 1....2......3.......4" screen that goes up to 10 and starts over again.

My question is how do I get out of that on Windows 10? The loading screen covers the Task Manager when I do ctr alt del, so I've been signing out instead on choosing Task Manager and just signing back in to Windows.

Is that the best thing I can do so far?
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Well I usually have a web browser open for wiki look ups and so forth. As long as you have another window open you could easily alt-tab between the game and other window you have open.
    One Does Not Simply Walk into Minas Tirith they rubber band in!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    Hi all!

For two days I've been stuck on the "attempting to log in 1....2......3.......4" screen that goes up to 10 and starts over again.

My question is how do I get out of that on Windows 10? The loading screen covers the Task Manager when I do ctr alt del, so I've been signing out instead on choosing Task Manager and just signing back in to Windows.

Is that the best thing I can do so far?
    after the ctrl alt delete, hit the windows key on the keyboard, it should bring you into windowed mode where you can close it, i think alt enter also works, but i use the windows key for the same problem.
    Cheesiepoofs Bane of Vilya

My approach on this is the check the option "leave launcher open" in the launcher options (I believe the arrow down on launcher). Then you can Alt+Tab out of the loading screen and right-click>close program to shut the client down.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Thanks everyone!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."