We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Seems to be a problem with Level 3 ISP, maybe someone from SSG is in contact with them.

Tracert from my PC indicates they are the last reachable address for me

Tracing route to gls.lotro.com [198.252.160.30]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
    3 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms 10.30.0.33
    4 1 ms 3 ms 3 ms 10.220.142.125
    5 17 ms 18 ms 19 ms 213.249.122.17
    6 125 ms 125 ms 125 ms ae-6-3506.ear2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.214.37]
    7 124 ms 125 ms 125 ms 4.31.43.210
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.

Why we have all this problems in 2020, when we don't have such amount of different problems with connection year ago?

Same problem here, unable to locate login server and trace route dies at 4.31.43.210.
    EU customer who just purchased Minas Morgul expansion yesterday with real life money, not with in-game currency...

I start to wonder, is anyone at SSG is doing anything about this or they just closed the case with "out of our network, not our problem"?
    Just curious, you know, how far are SSG actually willing to go to ensure that their paying customers are actually receiving the service they are paying for. Do they really have no backup routing options? And if that's so, why?
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

Having the same problem, I consulted with the Oracle at Google and it appears that Level 3 is owned and run by CenturyLink, which took down half the internet just a couple days ago.

It would seem their problems are continuing, and this really isn't a Standing Stone issue, just typical 2020 Bad Luck.

I fully expect Godzilla to attack any day now.

I'm in Russia and have the same issue.

I am in England. Crashed last night doing Remmo side boses and we all died. Now unable to log in since it just says looking for login server and counts up to 20 before closing.

Playing in Germany - we also had trouble with several players that could not login or had lags yesterday.

This mornig it is impossible to login at all (tried Anor and Belegaer) with the error looking for login server and counts up to 20 before closing

Quote Originally Posted by Rschenck View Post
    Having the same problem, I consulted with the Oracle at Google and it appears that Level 3 is owned and run by CenturyLink, which took down half the internet just a couple days ago.

It would seem their problems are continuing, and this really isn't a Standing Stone issue, just typical 2020 Bad Luck.

I fully expect Godzilla to attack any day now.
    Strange thing is that DDO is not affected though

The question now is, is there anyone at work at SSG, trying to fix it, or are they all in their beds and we have to wait 6-8 hours until anything is done and we get some updated info?

Landroval still not reachable. This is getting depressing.......every week now just abouts!

Quote Originally Posted by DKS-70 View Post
    The question now is, is there anyone at work at SSG, trying to fix it, or are they all in their beds and we have to wait 6-8 hours until anything is done and we get some updated info?
    Or they angry someone in american ISP

Evernight and the period around 6pm.

A friend and I were on Discord chatting while doing festival quests. She was getting chat server disconnects, yellowing connection status and finally the quit button. Non anons around 565 before the event and a few minutes later 177 as my friend was starting another client up. I was among the lucky few who saw none of the problems.

It wasn't the same deal with mounting losses as last month but similar in that some clients continue unaffected and many others circum. Was it just east coast peeps starting their peak?

in Austria: 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by DKS-70 View Post
    The trouble is, if this is indeed an issue further up the internet, there is not much that SSG CAN do except pretty much what we are doing...send pissed off email/messages and spam their help line....and of course make idle threats about cancelling their service, just like us.

In the long run, maybe they need to consider new connection options, but that would likely require breaking contracts, so who knows.

Right now I suspect we can all just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rschenck View Post
    The trouble is, if this is indeed an issue further up the internet, there is not much that SSG CAN do except pretty much what we are doing...send pissed off email/messages and spam their help line....and of course make idle threats about cancelling their service, just like us.

In the long run, maybe they need to consider new connection options, but that would likely require breaking contracts, so who knows.

Right now I suspect we can all just wait.
    Yes, but there has to be a reason why only Lotro is affected and not DDO. As far as we know the servers are located in the same datacenter, so the route from me to Lotro should be the same as DDO. So why is only Lotro traffic blocked and not DDO?

09:30, EEST: Attempting to logon to server, failed 20 of 20 attempts.
    No change from nine hours ago.

Evernight

I'm on Evernight and can't log on, same issue sadly.

Same issues here. Unable log in for a couple of hours already.
    Location EU / NL.

I experience massive package losses at the last German Telekom HOP:

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGigi View Post
    Tracert from my PC indicates they are the last reachable address for me

Tracing route to gls.lotro.com [198.252.160.30]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
    3 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms 10.30.0.33
    4 1 ms 3 ms 3 ms 10.220.142.125
    5 17 ms 18 ms 19 ms 213.249.122.17
    6 125 ms 125 ms 125 ms ae-6-3506.ear2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.214.37]
    7 124 ms 125 ms 125 ms 4.31.43.210
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    I do not think traceroute gives any useful info. I get exactly the same result tracing both Lotro and DDO servers, but my game client connects just fine to DDO while Lotro is dead.

Having the same issue since yesterday. Got kicked out of the game and can't log back in.
    Shazen - r14 Stalker

login in the launcher is OK. Problem is later, when game loads to a world: "Searchin for logon server" fails 20 times in a row and then "Connexion failed"

A possible temporary fix

Hello everyone,

I had faced the same or similar issue of unsuccessful twenty login attempts, till I have tried connecting over a VPN, and specifically over a non-EU country of choice.

In other words, even with VPN-based choice or EU countries like UK, France, Germany etc., I have failed to get to the the character selection screen.

But once I have selected say, Canada, I could get in and play.

I tried the free version of Windscribe which has a 10 GB free monthly quota.

May it help some of you, till the issue is fixed, I guess.

(I am not advocating VPN usage and that too of any brand etc, but just that in this case it may be a solution)

Thank you.

Well my tracert hops from London to New York and then to Wichita? and then times out after 30 hops.

Why would it be routed through mid states when it has landed in New York? Surely I remember the data centre move was from Boston to somewhere between there and NY...

So, I know all things aren't equal but through Wichita doesn't seem like a primary route... has someone left some static routes in place from previous issues? Clear all the static routes and make all dynamic.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhawnir View Post
    Hello everyone,

I had faced the same or similar issue of unsuccessful twenty login attempts, till I have tried connecting over a VPN, and specifically over a non-EU country of choice.

In other words, even with VPN-based choice or EU countries like UK, France, Germany etc., I have failed to get to the the character selection screen.

But once I have selected say, Canada, I could get in and play.

I tried the free version of Windscribe which has a 10 GB free monthly quota.

May it help some of you, till the issue is fixed, I guess.

(I am not advocating VPN usage and that too of any brand etc, but just that in this case it may be a solution)

Thank you.
    Seriously VPN? Cool but strange.
    Thank you, not messing with that myself but thank you - an alternative to not playing at all.

My www works fine, even the launcher works fine.

26. Sep 02 2020, 03:38 AM

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast