We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day

Things that NEED to be addressed before update 28.

This is a request to SSG to please postpone the release of Update 28 until some of the most wanted things have been addressed.

- In particular, please re-enable transfers from OLD worlds so all the people that came back to the game in recent months can finally rescue their old characters and move them to current servers.
    - Also re-enable transfers between worlds.
    - AND actually probably most important with transfers: Fix the old names claim issue!
    - Fix the race change token and release it.
    - Permanently fix and address the lag.
    - Figure out an easy, in-game solution to see what exactly an account owns as far as expansions and packs, etc.
    - Finally figure out the website and forums. I realize this is a BIG project.

I really feel that new content has to come first, and I think a majority of the players might be more inclined to say: Let's just fix a few critical things first, THEN release new content.

Let's just take a MONTH or to fix old bugs and see what we can do about transfers. Release new content in October or November.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    This is a request to SSG to please postpone the release of Update 28 until some of the most wanted things have been addressed.

- In particular, please re-enable transfers from OLD worlds so all the people that came back to the game in recent months can finally rescue their old characters and move them to current servers.
    - Also re-enable transfers between worlds.
    - AND actually probably most important with transfers: Fix the old names claim issue!
    - Fix the race change token and release it.
    - Figure out an easy, in-game solution to see what exactly an account owns as far as expansions and packs, etc.
    - Finally figure out the website and forums. I realize this is a BIG project.

I really feel that new content has to come first, and I think a majority of the players might be more inclined to say: Let's just fix a few critical things first, THEN release new content.

Let's just take a MONTH or to fix old bugs and see what we can do about transfers. Release new content in October or November.
    I personally wouldn't prioritize the items you listed, but I completely agree that they should stop content updates in favor of fixing existing stuff. I'd like to see time spent on housing, warsteeds, lag/performance, the LI system, skirmishes, cleaning up bugs, revisiting old concepts like hobbies/music system, PvMP, and a whole list of other things before the next content update comes out.

On Landroval, even the progression kins are still trying to finish T3 Remm, it's not like the majority of players are done with the content. It's a struggle enough to find players to do group content with at end game today since most end game content is irrelevant from a rewards perspective and there are so few players. Pushing us into a new tier of content will only spread the player base thinner and like the OP says it continues to sweep under the rug the massive # of issues in this game.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I'd like to see time spent on housing, warsteeds, lag/performance, the LI system, skirmishes, cleaning up bugs, revisiting old concepts like hobbies/music system, PvMP, and a whole list of other things before the next content update comes out.

Completely agree!

This is so necessary rather than continuing to endlessly push the fixing of all these things further off.

But I suspect by this point...I'm basically talking-to-myself. Apparently they're going to keep doing what they want to do, and ignore the rest...until something breaks dramatically again.

Other than lag/client performance, nothing the OP mentioned is a "IMMEDIATE MUST". Game performance should be first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I personally wouldn't prioritize the items you listed, but I completely agree that they should stop content updates in favor of fixing existing stuff. I'd like to see time spent on housing, warsteeds, lag/performance, the LI system, skirmishes, cleaning up bugs, revisiting old concepts like hobbies/music system, PvMP, and a whole list of other things before the next content update comes out.

On Landroval, even the progression kins are still trying to finish T3 Remm, it's not like the majority of players are done with the content. It's a struggle enough to find players to do group content with at end game today since most end game content is irrelevant from a rewards perspective and there are so few players. Pushing us into a new tier of content will only spread the player base thinner and like the OP says it continues to sweep under the rug the massive # of issues in this game.
    They already spend huge amount of time for housing with Rohan houses. And I sure whey spending huge amount of time with server perfomance. About warsteeds - they already say what most of players hate warsteed, and they don't sure if situation changes if they spend resources to improve them. May be this mechanic just can't be any better. LI system changes in last months to with addition of SoE for embers/motes, and they continue to working on it with big improvement comming in next year. While last "next content update" was in spring with Wells of Langflood, people bored and have nothing to do after they farm Remmorchant with T1-T5. You can't judge about amount of players clear Remmorchant by small RP servers, you need judge by big servers. It's not about prioritize things, they need working on old content, current content and next content in same time.

I lol'd hard!

Sever/client performance, and ofc class balance. Since the new update contains a raid(?), that should be a top priority.

I'd like to see the targeting reticle issue fixed. I'm not sure what update caused the issue (where for people using DX9 most or all of the targeting reticle appears to be "underground" so you can't see it unless you move your camera view directly overhead), but it's been there for awhile now and affects gameplay all the time.

Race change = joke

Just reroll. So lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    They already spend huge amount of time for housing with Rohan houses. And I sure whey spending huge amount of time with server perfomance. About warsteeds - they already say what most of players hate warsteed, and they don't sure if situation changes if they spend resources to improve them. May be this mechanic just can't be any better. LI system changes in last months to with addition of SoE for embers/motes, and they continue to working on it with big improvement comming in next year. While last "next content update" was in spring with Wells of Langflood, people bored and have nothing to do after they farm Remmorchant with T1-T5. You can't judge about amount of players clear Remmorchant by small RP servers, you need judge by big servers. It's not about prioritize things, they need working on old content, current content and next content in same time.
    They don't need to "work" on the ILI at all if they are more reasonable with free legacy levels. Cap - 10 for free would be a great way to keep players on a more even playing field. Is that really to many free levels? Would there really be a such a great outcry from players who constantly have theirs maxed? Alone the fact that they won't do this easy fix tells me that the new ILI system will not be better. Where are the times when a player could just pick up/craft/earn a new weapon with level increase without having to spend weeks/months on repetitive content and hours on clicking to apply the enhancement.

For me there are only issues with required MC in Broadacres to finish the quest chain and some over tuned quests like "In Need of Cheering up" that really need to be fixed. Thankfully HD battles and I hope the other epic battles as well are no longer required to finish the epic.
    Sundergrot is another issue by itself. I wont even try this again before the mobs are grey. Having a long way back after deaths, having to deal with hundreds of mobs which respawn and so many pick up quests makes this place just an unfun experience. Why s it even required for the meta? Why is it needed to open the dailies for Limlok? It's a dwarf story that could have been separate from the deeds, just a fun place for those who like a challenge.
    Last edited by wispsong; Sep 09 2020 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    They don't need to "work" on the ILI at all if they are more reasonable with free legacy levels. Cap - 10 for free would be a great way to keep players on a more even playing field. Is that really to many free levels? Would there really be a such a great outcry from players who constantly have theirs maxed? Alone the fact that they won't do this easy fix tells me that the new ILI system will not be better. Where are the times when a player could just pick up/craft/earn a new weapon with level increase without having to spend weeks/months on repetitive content and hours on clicking to apply the enhancement.

For me there are only issues with required MC in Broadacres to finish the quest chain and some over tuned quests like "In Need of Cheering up" that really need to be fixed. Thankfully HD battles and I hope the other epic battles as well are no longer required to finish the epic.
    Sundergrot is another issue by itself. I wont even try this again before the mobs are grey. Having a long way back after deaths, having to deal with hundreds of mobs which respawn and so many pick up quests makes this place just an unfun experience. Why s it even required for the meta? Why is it needed to open the dailies for Limlok? It's a dwarf story that could have been separate from the deeds, just a fun place for those who like a challenge.
    I just wouldn't enjoy playing your hard core version of the game. Can't imagine playing without a tricked out mount/bridle, maxed ILS and swappies, maxed virtues and tomes, the choicest essence and near cap on mastery and crit. Your eternal struggle is the same series of choices I was presented with. We might both resent the hurdles placed in our way, I know they are there to be jumped though. Waiting for them to be removed gets you nowhere.

Sooo... ETA for Update 28 is going to be 2050? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    I just wouldn't enjoy playing your hard core version of the game. Can't imagine playing without a tricked out mount/bridle, maxed ILS and swappies, maxed virtues and tomes, the choicest essence and near cap on mastery and crit. Your eternal struggle is the same series of choices I was presented with. We might both resent the hurdles placed in our way, I know they are there to be jumped though. Waiting for them to be removed gets you nowhere.
    Except just playing to Gondor and eventually leaving the game because new updates become unplayable. Not there yet, but I play because I enjoy the game not to do busywork. Right now 3 characters are still playable in new content because I was able to keep up with crystals from festivals. For newer characters though even crystals become a struggle. So, yes I encourage SSG to either go back to the old system where we got new weapons with content updates or give a reasonable number of free levels so the gap isn't as high and new content is always playable with just that.

I guess I play a more challenging game that many are constantly asking for. But they refuse to downgrade their equipment for landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlohollyfeld View Post
    I'd like to see the targeting reticle issue fixed. I'm not sure what update caused the issue (where for people using DX9 most or all of the targeting reticle appears to be "underground" so you can't see it unless you move your camera view directly overhead), but it's been there for awhile now and affects gameplay all the time.
    NOT lazy. A lot of folks add things that are character-enhancing, like milestones, travel time reductions, crafting to guild levels, reputations, tokens, specific virtues and skills, etc. Why should someone have to reroll and work all that stuff up to an existing level 50+ character and lose all the perks and earnings?

Quote Originally Posted by chouxbacca View Post
    Race change = joke

Just reroll. So lazy
    NOT lazy. A lot of folks add things that are character-enhancing, like milestones, travel time reductions, crafting to guild levels, reputations, tokens, specific virtues and skills, etc. Why should someone have to reroll and work all that stuff up to an existing level 50+ character and lose all the perks and earnings, or hard-won LI gains at level 100+?

Quote Originally Posted by chouxbacca View Post
    Race change = joke

Just reroll. So lazy
    Haha, I certainly wouldn't want to reroll my main. Every quest in game - done, every deed in the deed log, including five instance metas - done. Two professions of guild crafting maxed out - done. Every virtue maxed - done. Two sets of fully fleshed LIs - done. Gear - done. 145/178 steeds - earned (many not available to be earned in game anymore). Lost count of pets (even though I don't use them) and all but 9 emotes.

It would take a very long time to redo all of that content, and I'd be crazy to part with all the other stuff on a reroll.

So it's a good job that I'm happy to leave her as a human.

That said, its easy if I decide I want the same class in a different race, to roll a new character.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

small things...big things

racial traits...obsolete stats and inappropriate scaling
    passive skills stat tomes at max level to low
    fellowship maneuvers...obsolete
    crafting except few items and consumables nothing worth making
    pvp---all about it
    hobbies--obsolete ...maybe introduce hunting gardening or something similar
    classes...lots of work to make everyone at place
    i would like to see items that are rear unique like one per player...extremely hard to get of course but with stats that can make diference in raid or group
    lots of other things but...i know writhing for nothing....
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
    All those moments...will be lost in time...like tears...in rain...Time to die.

Address Epic Battles for zero ranked players on solo runs. Its a long time since I did these on a new character, and having just started them on Anor, I'm finding it very frustrating getting over run on Deeping Wall all the time. Competent groups don't want a zero ranked player along for the ride, so we have to chip away at it, squeezing out small amounts of rank, just to get to the Hornburg.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Definitely agree with the sentiment of this post, fix the broken bits rather than pushing out new stuff.

As soon as I saw "new hobbies" among the rest of the laundry list I started to cringe. Lots of good ideas but really? What about a kitchen sink for the Rohan meadhall?

"Sooo... ETA for Update 28 is going to be 2050? Cool." With this list as well as the major issues on performance, content, transfers, and classes, I predict U28 around 2060 not 2050. Assuming the sea level doesn't rise to cover the data center.

And this? "It's not about prioritize things, they need working on old content, current content and next content in same time."

Sounds like my old bosses in Bell Labs.

Boss: "We need these 10 major items done in the next 6 months". Me: "We don't have the staff or resources to do that" Boss: "One more word and you are fired for being negative."

How broken can a game be that they do maintenance so many times but i only recognise anything from changing
    when a new expansion is live?

Dear development team:
    Get ur #### together this is simply pathetic.... servers down for almost 12 hours now.
    At first not even a reason why...

And then they changed like 100 things noone cares about and the servers crash twice a week,
    lags and freezes over minutes after the game entirely collapses and finally
    the most ridiculous typing errors still in there after being reported dozens of times and still not corrected ... after 5 YEARS.

How little can a dev team actually care for a game.

Fix ur game im even paying u for it ... like if i did that in my job i had to pay my customers for the terrible work and apologize constantly.

Wouldn't have the air to deny all my mistakes cuz im busy making up for all that went wrong. Maybe consider.