We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter guidance.

Hello everyone, i start playing lotro this year again and since i stop for some years i got a little confused with the new systems. I play hunter level 120 currently on vales of anduin,, the outdoors missions as a blue hunter are kinda easy to do since i can kitte the mobs, the problem i'm having is inside those goblin infested caves where i can't run anywhere and they Spawn really fast, my damage output as red line hunter is killing one mob but when i face groups of 3 mobs or one with 300k life thats a tricky situation.
    I didn't bought mordor yet those the lack of mordor equipment makes diference?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecampos15 View Post
    Hello everyone, i start playing lotro this year again and since i stop for some years i got a little confused with the new systems. I play hunter level 120 currently on vales of anduin,, the outdoors missions as a blue hunter are kinda easy to do since i can kitte the mobs, the problem i'm having is inside those goblin infested caves where i can't run anywhere and they Spawn really fast, my damage output as red line hunter is killing one mob but when i face groups of 3 mobs or one with 300k life thats a tricky situation.
    I didn't bought mordor yet those the lack of mordor equipment makes diference?
    I struggle my hunter at times too. For me, I have found it helpful to go yellow for densely packed areas. The crowd control is your friend there.

Try to go Red, as you have to kill them :-)

Next to you Red Damageskills there are some that you can use for Crowd Control.

Lay the Trap, Gather Focus - use bards arrow on one, pinned shot on the 2nd and focus the 3rd that run in your trap and bring him down.
    Kill then the Pinned one and maybe resend the 1st back again with Bards arrow.
    In Melee you have also a strike (do know the name atm) that will stunn the target again - go a step back so you autohits are also range attacks.

If they are to near, then use the hunters cry to stunn them and focus one by one.

I have no Hunter in 120+, but i tanked some instances with her.
    the Mordor Items depends on light of E, that reduce the Debuff (that increase) you get if you leave the way.
    Think as long you have no Light Debuff, you do not need that items anymore. Its like a 2nd try of radiance.

Mordor equipment is useless in Vales. Are you using your all cc? Like traps, fear, daze? Blood Arrow for snap heals?

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    I would suggest running red line. It requires more thought, trap placement, using CC, etc., but it's the only useful line once you hit 130 and it makes sense to start building your LI's towards it now and getting comfortable with it so you don't have to re-learn your class.

I started this game at launch and the original hunter looked more like red hunter today. Despite me always complaining about how things were better in the old days, I actually preferred blue line hunter, a lot. I loved my blue line hunter, and continued to play blue line even after Vastin and team destroyed it. Eventually blue line just didn't cut it, pre-most recent hunter buffs a blue line hunter was like taking a blue guard into a group as DPS. Although the buffs helped us quite a bit, blue is still completely useless in every context except slayer deeding in landscape.

I am actually enjoying red more now, even if you are doing solo landscape or PvMP red is viable and imo the way to go.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Use your traps and CC skills, they help a lot when you can't move much but still have to pull more than one thing at a time. Leveling higher with better gear will help also. Endurance stance + Quickshot also works if you're really in need of outlasting something.

No matter where you are, *some* circle strafing out to be possible and useful!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I would suggest running red line. It requires more thought, trap placement, using CC, etc., but it's the only useful line once you hit 130 and it makes sense to start building your LI's towards it now and getting comfortable with it so you don't have to re-learn your class.

I started this game at launch and the original hunter looked more like red hunter today. Despite me always complaining about how things were better in the old days, I actually preferred blue line hunter, a lot. I loved my blue line hunter, and continued to play blue line even after Vastin and team destroyed it. Eventually blue line just didn't cut it, pre-most recent hunter buffs a blue line hunter was like taking a blue guard into a group as DPS. Although the buffs helped us quite a bit, blue is still completely useless in every context except slayer deeding in landscape.

I am actually enjoying red more now, even if you are doing solo landscape or PvMP red is viable and imo the way to go.

Blue line is still viable; maybe not for high end raids, but I can still rip through any content in open world with blue line. Sure I won't do as big damage numbers as in red, but mobs still go down in 1-3 hits regardless. I just can't stand being rooted during combat. It just doesn't feel right. If you trait blue and secondary red you should be able to handle anything outside of high tier instances and raids.