We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mission: Area of Interest bugged?

The last survey spot in this mission seems to be on a ledge that you can't reach, at the far right of the instance. Is that just me or is it bugged?
    "Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

Tuilerie is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Student of Ainulindalë
    I was able to reach all survey spots. Maybe try to see if you can find another approach to it.

Don't have problems too

Thanks guys, I re-entered the instance and now the spots were in different locations, and I could complete it.

Looks like there is some randomization going on.
    "Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Edelhardt View Post
    The last survey spot in this mission seems to be on a ledge that you can't reach, at the far right of the instance. Is that just me or is it bugged?
    For your information there is a collapsed column that you can walk on to reach that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelhardt View Post
    Just had the same thing. Could be a bug that sometimes appears. Can't remember this from the last time I did this mission.

hoibideptrai said it: the collapsed column is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by hoibideptrai View Post
    For your information there is a collapsed column that you can walk on to reach that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ervidor View Post
    hoibideptrai said it: the collapsed column is the way.
    This is true: If you restart the mission, the "spots" are distributed in different areas.
    This is true: There is one of these spots that cannot be reached by the shorter-stature races (Hobbit, Dwarf).

I could not reach this spot the first time through. I couldn't jump high enough to get on to the collapsed column (and believe me, I tried...for about 10 minutes).
    I didn't need to on the second time through because there were no "spots" in that unreachable area.

I have noticed this kind of thing before when running a Hobbit: My partner, an Elf, walked just fine through a swampy area. My Hobbit, on the other hand, had to swim.

Must be just a few inches (pixels?) of depth that makes the difference.

The work-around for this problem is to just restart the mission and do it all again and hope for the best from the RNG.

The OP (Edelhardt) is correct about the "bugged" condition of this Mission.

Have fun!

Bo

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    I have noticed this kind of thing before when running a Hobbit: My partner, an Elf, walked just fine through a swampy area. My Hobbit, on the other hand, had to swim.

Must be just a few inches (pixels?) of depth that makes the difference.
    Different races don't have different jumping heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Different races don't have different jumping heights.
    Maybe not...but they seem to have different forced swimming heights.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

If we are talking about the fallen column at the far end; come up to it on the left side, it slopes down there, and hop up. I guess I jump then strafe right to get up there.

I also thought this was bugged but there is a way to do it. As mentioned, you need to utilize the big collapsed column.

I went a bit past it, and hopped on a smaller piece of rubble that had a right angle in it, sort of like a backwards checkmark. From there, I was able to get up onto the big column and after doing that, it was quite easy to get to that last survey mark.