We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Very angery right now!!!!!!

just seen cords youtube stream and to say i am very pissed is an understatment. I am on the legandry server and listening to him say No ETA on legendary server to promise today but it is in the relatively near future is bloody disgusting.
    I am a vip for christ sake i pay every month for my sub and then i see this it totally sucks we hve been at 95 for ages now so ssg really need to sort their act out and get on with it.
    This does not mean i will quit for from it but we need new content on anor bloody asap.
    Rant over thxs folks
    Last edited by Cordovan; Nov 13 2020 at 03:18 PM. Reason: removed profanity

I don't play on these servers but it seems they updated it only 3 months ago to Helms Deep. I remember reading on the forums they would do these updates around every 4 months and people had been upset at them doing it faster than that in the past. My guess is you'll be waiting another month or so for it to be updated. Maybe around the time the yule festival starts.

Quote Originally Posted by ianwelshy View Post
    just seen cords youtube stream and to say i am very pissed is an understatment. I am on the legandry server and listening to him say No ETA on legendary server to promise today but it is in the relatively near future is bloody disgusting.
    I am a vip for christ sake i pay every month for my sub and then i see this it totally sucks we hve been at 95 for ages now so ssg really need to sort their god dam act out and get on with it.
    This does not mean i will quit for from it but we need new content on anor bloody asap.
    Rant over thxs folks
    While I get your point, the community is always split between those who are bored with content & those for whom 4 months between updates isn't enough. In this particular case, I'd say rushing the update will only lead to more problems. If they don't pay attention this time the damage of unlocking lvl 100 is gonna be irreversible... a lot of us are aware of the Imbuement System not having a lvl 100 cap for example.

Might as well release all the content up to lvl 130 if they aren't gonna properly prepare an update for the LS this time.

That being said, I already raid & grind on the regular servers... I'm not looking forward to start over on the LS... so casual life it'll be .

HD endgame was boring back then, and it's boring again. No surprise.

But i'm curious on how they will release the whole bunch of lvl100 content. And most of all, how they'll handle the LI thing.

Sooner or later legendary server will have same level as other servers

It sounds like the OP is interested in us releasing the next stuff to the Legendary worlds as soon as we can, how do others feel at this point in time? Have you largely accomplished your plans? Are you at the point of wanting the next content?
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It sounds like the OP is interested in us releasing the next stuff to the Legendary worlds as soon as we can, how do others feel at this point in time? Have you largely accomplished your plans? Are you at the point of wanting the next content?
    Hey Cord. In the first place i'm more interested in a plan behind the release of the lvl100 content. There were a bunch of level 100 updates back then, but only the later ones came with instances iirc. So will it be a big packet of all the updates, handled like an xpac, or will it be released step by step?
    And whats up with imbued LI's? If there isn't some kind of cap, won't players have extremly OP weapons then? Maybe you already have an idea, but it would be cool to know. But if you guys haven't thought of that, i would say, give it some more time.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack

I stopped playing on the LS really early on because I felt the first level cap increase came way too quickly. I don't have an opinion on the LS now, I am just posting to say it's cool you jumped in this thread to ask for feedback. I can't say enough how much LOTRO players appreciate the opportunity to convey feedback and have their voices heard.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

I don't sub, so this doesn't affect me right now. I played Anor on and off, but always pretty much dreaded the day that level 100 would hit. Essence system, Imbued LI's, all over again. I wouldn't be touting to get that in a hurry if I were still playing over there. But, by all means, bring it on. It will give me the perfect excuse not to rejoin the server.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I don't play on the Legendary servers but as far as i know many players felt content had been released to quickly so SSG mades it slightly longer for releases, Helm's deep was released on August 4th to Legendary severs like 3 months ago, average time of release on those servers, so it hasn't been that long compared to the past on releases.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenhand View Post
    HD endgame was boring back then, and it's boring again. No surprise.

But i'm curious on how they will release the whole bunch of lvl100 content. And most of all, how they'll handle the LI thing.
    This is it honestly.

The only people who aren't complaining about having level 100 on Anor are those that are not actively playing at the higher levels of the server already and it's more about the ever shifting goal-post of "cap" moving away from them- which I can understand, it's annoying, but those are likely the same players who would still be 20-30 below the regular server at the slower cap raising pace. Either that or players that have suddenly returned and with to experience Helms Deep last minute.

On the matter of LIs and Imbuement, level 100 isn't that bad in terms of grind. Regardless of the massive demand for scrolls (or if this gets trimmed down), the level cap has multiple methods of obtaining scrolls. The issue starts to creep into levels 105-115 where there's a massive lack of methods to obtain scrolls as Host of the West or the Herbalists of Minas Tirith, Conquest of Gorgoroth or Northern Strongholds. Only methods are 1-3 from a daily instance lock, farming Boss 1 of Throne or Motes.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I stopped playing on the LS really early on because I felt the first level cap increase came way too quickly. I don't have an opinion on the LS now, I am just posting to say it's cool you jumped in this thread to ask for feedback. I can't say enough how much LOTRO players appreciate the opportunity to convey feedback and have their voices heard.
    I'm sorry to say, but from my experience in multiple communities on Anor, you're in the minority on that boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I don't sub, so this doesn't affect me right now. I played Anor on and off, but always pretty much dreaded the day that level 100 would hit. Essence system, Imbued LI's, all over again. I wouldn't be touting to get that in a hurry if I were still playing over there. But, by all means, bring it on. It will give me the perfect excuse not to rejoin the server.
    Many had that same opinion to the Rohan expansions, with Devout of the Lidless up and disbanding after Tower of Orthance and Mirage doing into what can be considered a hibernation until 105. The issue with Helms Deep at the moment is the noted absence of any long-term endgames. Epic Battles are fine and all, but they don't retain replayable value for long. The demand for level 100 comes from the sheer amount of content released during this period of time that the playerbase will have the ability to slowly chew through over the course of the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I don't play on the Legendary servers but as far as i know many players felt content had been released to quickly so SSG mades it slightly longer for releases, Helm's deep was released on August 4th to Legendary severs like 3 months ago, average time of release on those servers, so it hasn't been that long compared to the past on releases.
    If you're referring to the post made by PastorJoe, that had less to do with the rush and more to do with the sheer lack of communication. In recent events, the 75 cap felt way too short due to the weekly raid locks slowing down the progression of kinships. Alternatively, the level 85 cap felt way too long as the Erebor lair-raids were easy to burn through and the broken stats and poor itemization on Wildermore items made that piece of content essentially redundant beyond the special title for defeating Nurzum.
    Last edited by Hallandil; Nov 13 2020 at 10:56 PM.

With the exception of players who actually enjoy Epic Battles and don't just go thru them to get the gated Trait Points (wish Storied Tales came with those tbh), traditional raiders get bored between lvl 95-105. But pushing for lvl 100 content to be released all at once won't give them any new raids/instances... just more Epic Battles :/ So in reality, endgame players want SSG to release everything between 95-105 (so they can get Throne & raid). I can totally understand the feeling.

Yet I remember you mentioned on a livestream that the plan was to gradually release the lvl 100 areas. I find that idea wise and fitting my personal preference but I'm sure others will disagree. While I do raid, from Throne forward raids aren't new to me, I've no rush to experience them on level, again...

But the main issues remain: the Imbuement System & the grind that comes with it + essence gear.
    Currently a level 100 toon doesn't have any limits on their imbued LIs. It would not surprise me to see ppl with maxxed up legacies (all 83 tiers) during week one of release. This means lvl 100 toons with lvl 130 LIs. That's what coming if you guys don't correct it.

I'd like to hear about your plans. Because if release once again will involve just unlocking areas/lvls, there's no reason to play at all. At least I won't be there grinding again when I've a full account of lvl caps well established on Gladden.

Let me off

I still have toons on Anor, played from the start, was consistant until level 85. From here the inconsistancy of servers updates had got too much for me... 4 months was fine, but it never stuck to that, all over the place, people left Anor and didnt come back... Having a set time for updates, gave people a time line they could work things out, when they could play and when they didnt have to. I play there rarely now.... have gotten to 95 but it is not the same, the nice kin I was in is still there but not active enough. I would like to transfer my toons on Anor to regular servers..... Hopefully one day this will be able to happen

I'm right between ready for the next level cap and putting finishing touches on my active toons. I can go either way, but if level 100 rolls out slap dash, I'll likely not retain interest in the server. As others stated, the quality of the next update and the thought that goes into the development is infinitely more important than the timing. If it isn't ready to go, don't just pump it out. I'd rather wait for a good product.

Ok so some of u hve missed my reason for this post. lvl 95 content is very limited ie only EB's yes we hve all the old content and that is the reason for doing this leg server. But there is only so much u can do at lvl 95 i am kindred with most of the factions now also completed all of the epic bks this time so i am rdy for lvl 100 content cos there is so much more to do.
    Also my problem was that from 75 to 85 we had to wait a very very long time because ssg was concerating on live servers with the wedding so that took priority which is fair enough cos thta was a big thing. Butg my understanding when they started anor was to do releases every 3-4 months but that just seems to hve gone of the racks a bit.
    But do not for one minute i am fed up playing the game far from it i love lotro and agree to hving going back to playing old content cos i hve done instances i hve not done before which i love. Just feel we are all rdy for lvl 100.
    Last thing i am very srry for the way i acted if it upset cords or any of ssg then i am very srry.

Quote Originally Posted by FionMcPherson View Post
    I'm right between ready for the next level cap and putting finishing touches on my active toons. I can go either way, but if level 100 rolls out slap dash, I'll likely not retain interest in the server. As others stated, the quality of the next update and the thought that goes into the development is infinitely more important than the timing. If it isn't ready to go, don't just pump it out. I'd rather wait for a good product.
    Level 100 doesn't need that much in terms of balance, and where it does it has to do more with the changes to essences and itemization that occured with early Anor updates (level 1-105 essence nerf).

The majority of any "fixes" (including the LI grind for the most part) can be attributed to item and reward issues that SSG hasn't bothered to fix/touch with every release we've seen so far.

Not like In Their Absence, Moria, Isengard nor Rohan actually had any decent fixes or changes until AFTER - so at this point it's more of a desire to actually have some new content to play through as unlike every other level cap Helms Deep neither contains engaging group content nor the benefit of a secondary quest region like Enedwaith, Lothlorien or Wildermore.

EDIT: Had to add this just because...

They Gave Us Prior Warning With Riders of Rohan (level 85) AND STILL Didn't bother to do any patches, item fixes, balancing or ANYTHING prior to this fixed release date. So Screw it, just roll at 100. Papa wants his gondor furniture.
    Last edited by Hallandil; Nov 14 2020 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    With the exception of players who actually enjoy Epic Battles and don't just go thru them to get the gated Trait Points (wish Storied Tales came with those tbh), traditional raiders get bored between lvl 95-105. But pushing for lvl 100 content to be released all at once won't give them any new raids/instances... just more Epic Battles :/ So in reality, endgame players want SSG to release everything between 95-105 (so they can get Throne & raid). I can totally understand the feeling.
    Even the players who enjoy Epic Battles in my kinship are bored. They've had them essentially 100% platinum for the past month, yet have run them multiple times a week since it came out.

With the grind coming for all the different reps and LIs. I've committed to one toon to keep going forward. so I'm ready for 100. maybe not 100% but yah I could defiantly go for Gondor right now.

That being said if SSG were to rework some of the grind to not make it so horrendous to have alts after level 100. like credit for virtues already completed so alts aren't as bad to polish off. or some other kind of way to award us for stuff already done, that would be great. doubt it will happen sadly. but if you never ask, you won't get.

DANGER lvl 100 cap

Cordovan

It NEEDS to be pointed out to the devs that you should NOT release lvl 100 cap on legendary servers until you can cap imbue'd LIs at certain ranks as well on ONLY Anor/Ithil

If you release lvl 100 cap right now on Anor, people will imbue, max out their imbue'd LI for lvl 130 on star-lits because there's NO cap system based on level.

This is your ONLY warning. Tread carefully with putting lvl 100 cap on Anor/Ithil

Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    Cordovan

It NEEDS to be pointed out to the devs that you should NOT release lvl 100 cap on legendary servers until you can cap imbue'd LIs at certain ranks as well on ONLY Anor/Ithil

If you release lvl 100 cap right now on Anor, people will imbue, max out their imbue'd LI for lvl 130 on star-lits because there's NO cap system based on level.

This is your ONLY warning. Tread carefully with putting lvl 100 cap on Anor/Ithil
    Simple, change all level 100 empowerment scrolls to be a "Max tier 40" empowerment scroll (Dol Amroth, Roving Threats, Minas Tirith, Pelargir).

Then add "Max tier 55 Empowerment Scroll" (minimum level 101) to the Throne of the Dread Terror, Morgul Crest Vendor, Host of the West Barter, and After-Battle Minas Tirith quartermaster.

Add a "Max tier 69 Empowerment Scroll" (minimum level 106) to the treasure chests of Seregost / Naerband, Conqueror of Gorgoroth, Strongholds of the North and Motes vendor.

Then expand the existing max tier 74 to Dwarf-holds- replace the scrolls that drop in Glimmerdeep, Thrumfall and Thikil-Gundu and add a minimum level 116.

Not that hard to fix- using the existing tools in place.

What about the skirmish camp? Add all of the above scrolls with increasing marks/meds cost. Looking for a more elegant nomenclature? How about Anfalas, Pelennor, Gorgoroth, Ironfold "Scrolls of Advancement" ?

Edit: And of course do the same thing for Star-Lit crystals.

Since Cordovan actually requested feedback, I wanted to do so since I'm the leader of There and Back Again kinship, I believe the largest on Anor right now.

I have my one main (Bilberry) and an active alternate and several others that I play with 'when I can'. I work fulltime in the 'Real Life'. I'm pretty much a weekend warrior. The three to four months timeline that the updates were said to roll out to the legendary servers seemed perfectly reasonable to me. I loved the idea of revisiting the old content. I don't mind subbing for the privilege to revisit that old content. However, not all updates are created equal. Instances and raiding is lifeblood to many gamers. Casuals, which we have many in TaBA, could not care as much with raiding and could roll with whatever schedule SSG deems.

Epic Battles were a fast and furious fun time for my kinship, at least to the higher content consumers in TaBA. We platted everything pretty quickly. But with TaBA, we have player resources that other kins on Anor may not have. We average 400 active players in a week and can consume content faster than other smaller kins or those going it alone. With the only new content being the 12 man Deeping Wall to introduce to our four organized raid teams to tackle, that didn't keep us challenged for long. We are now going back to the staple scaled raids and trying to be creative in trying to keep things fresh. So yes, with my time ability and toon progression, I'm at a point where I'm comfortable saying that most of my kinship is ok with moving to 100. But, I still think SSG should provide a set timeline for when that will be. Do not spring it on us at the last minute.

Hallandil makes an excellent point about appropriate balancing and loot itemization appropriate to legendary server levels, and although I believe that should happen, I just don't believe that SSG will ever put the resources out there to do that level of modification. I'm a realist, but I and many others will still be playing. All I ask is you communicate to us well in advance of each impending update. Please keep in mind that we are paying members, not only in microtransactions, but in monthly subscriptions, as well. Treat us accordingly.

Level 100 is going to give us things to do, casuals will be happy. Yes, there will be the grind of essences and imbuement. No new raids, though. I am worried how I will keep my raider community in TaBA engaged. We throw out Thrones often as a banner of hope and then go back to scaled raids....

P.S. Honestly, for the poster, Lotsofhope, that wants to leave Anor because he is bored and his kinship isn't active enough, come to There and Back Again. We can insource a Drummer/Bears Mark run from within our own kinship and have several raid teams that run during the week and a whole slew of casuals to level and talk with while doing it if raiding isn't your thing. Fun and activity is available on Anor if you look for it - don't give up yet!
    Last edited by lorienleisha; Nov 14 2020 at 08:57 AM.
    Bilberry
    Leader
    There and Back Again
    Anor Server

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I'm in the same boat -- leveling was too quick for me, but I'm a dawdler and explorer and completionist, so was expecting this to hapen.

And +1 for asking for feedback. It feels good to be listened to.

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    Simple, change all level 100 empowerment scrolls to be a "Max tier 40" empowerment scroll (Dol Amroth, Roving Threats, Minas Tirith, Pelargir).

Then add "Max tier 55 Empowerment Scroll" (minimum level 101) to the Throne of the Dread Terror, Morgul Crest Vendor, Host of the West Barter, and After-Battle Minas Tirith quartermaster.

Add a "Max tier 69 Empowerment Scroll" (minimum level 106) to the treasure chests of Seregost / Naerband, Conqueror of Gorgoroth, Strongholds of the North and Motes vendor.

Then expand the existing max tier 74 to Dwarf-holds- replace the scrolls that drop in Glimmerdeep, Thrumfall and Thikil-Gundu and add a minimum level 116.

Not that hard to fix- using the existing tools in place.

What about the skirmish camp? Add all of the above scrolls with increasing marks/meds cost. Looking for a more elegant nomenclature? How about Anfalas, Pelennor, Gorgoroth, Ironfold "Scrolls of Advancement" ?

Edit: And of course do the same thing for Star-Lit crystals.
    This would be a terrible change to make, unless of course it is restricted to LS only and not implemented on the other main servers. And it's not needed. All they need to do is gate legacy ranks to levels. A level 100 player cannot go over a certain rank on legacies. A level 105 player cannot go over a different rank on legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    This would be a terrible change to make, unless of course it is restricted to LS only and not implemented on the other main servers. And it's not needed. All they need to do is gate legacy ranks to levels. A level 100 player cannot go over a certain rank on legacies. A level 105 player cannot go over a different rank on legacies.
    How is it a terrible change? It solves the issue of being forced into the easiest way to get scrolls & means players can use the older content to level Imbued legendaries (where needed) without SSG having to be concerned about players "hoarding" empowerment scrolls for the next tier raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    How is it a terrible change? It solves the issue of being forced into the easiest way to get scrolls & means players can use the older content to level Imbued legendaries (where needed) without SSG having to be concerned about players "hoarding" empowerment scrolls for the next tier raise.
    Because they recently created scrolls for motes, which is a capped currency, which people have to spend before they can earn more. Many players may have already collected a stock of max level 74 scrolls to use, via this method. The change proposed would waste all of that time invested.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast