We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Swap bow options

I've seen numerous different swap bow options. What are yours?

One of the main pairs I've seen is having FBCM, FBPR, IBD, IBCM, HS, DoT, SB on one bow and FBMC, FBPR, IBD, IBCM, QSD, QSCiP, Upshot on the other. The first would be for BA, HS, SB and Exsanguinate and the second would be for QS and Upshot (and the rest of your skills could use either bow, though you'd use the second bow more often usually). Burn Hot Damage would be on a separate bow.

However, I was thinking about swapping Swift Bow Damage with Upshot on the bows. So the first would be for BA, HS, Upshot and Exsanguinate and the second would be for QS and SB. Essentially, the second bow would be for your most common shorter cooldowns. The reasoning is that you'd hopefully need to swap less often. I think Swift Bow comes up more often than Upshot.

Any thoughts on this?

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by FundinStrongarm View Post
    I've seen numerous different swap bow options. What are yours?

One of the main pairs I've seen is having FBCM, FBPR, IBD, IBCM, HS, DoT, SB on one bow and FBMC, FBPR, IBD, IBCM, QSD, QSCiP, Upshot on the other. The first would be for BA, HS, SB and Exsanguinate and the second would be for QS and Upshot (and the rest of your skills could use either bow, though you'd use the second bow more often usually). Burn Hot Damage would be on a separate bow.

However, I was thinking about swapping Swift Bow Damage with Upshot on the bows. So the first would be for BA, HS, Upshot and Exsanguinate and the second would be for QS and SB. Essentially, the second bow would be for your most common shorter cooldowns. The reasoning is that you'd hopefully need to swap less often. I think Swift Bow comes up more often than Upshot.

Any thoughts on this?

I use the setup you described first, you can switch it up but it won't make much of a difference. At the end of the day it comes down to what feels right to you. Swapping will become a natural rhythm over time and if you want to maximize DPS you need to have the muscle memory to know where to go when various situations happen.

For me, I open with HS, then pen shot, while I'm doing pen shot I switch my bow, then hit upshot, build focus back up with quick shot, then swap again as i hit exsanguinate before i lay my dots on, and then do swift arrow. pen shot and exs. both allow you to swap the bow while you are shooting so they make for nice transition skills.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver