We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Plugin] Travel Window II

Since Thaliruth was forced to stop developing the last iteration of Travel Window, and I have returned to playing LOTRO, I took it on myself to restart development. I am restarting it with Travel Window II, since I am planning considerable rewrites.

You can find the lotrointerface page here: https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...fo.php?id=1113
    If you are a developer and know how to submit patches via GIT, the code is on GitHub: https://github.com/wduda/TravelWindowII
    Known bugs and feature requests are tracked here: https://github.com/wduda/TravelWindowII/projects/1

Please let me know what bugs are currently in need of a fix and what features could be added.

For now, a v1.0.3beta version is out that:
    - makes the High Elf racial usable (was broken in U28.2)
    - re-enables Gondor/Rhovannion/Eriador maps with overlayed travel destinations
    - cleans up English and German text
    - fixes the Thorin's Gate travel skill in the French client
    - adds racial skills to sort options, although sorting is still broken
    - establishes the plugin as a separate download in Plugin Compendium
    - cleans up some code under the hood for stability/future features

Other than fixing bugs, some features I would like to implement:
    - permanent fix for options window at low resolutions
    - smarter sorting or possibility to mark skills as favourite for easier finding in list
    - re-enable adding the glan vraig map
    - potentially adding inventory scanning so festival maps can become part of list
    - ability to customize travel window icon

Keep bug reports and feature ideas coming either here, on lotrointerface or on github.

Thank you very much! Travel Window is one of my favorite QoL plugins! I'll download this right away

Welcome back to LOTRO and Merry Yule! Cheers!

Welcome back, Hyos!

I just want to let you know I've used your original plugin for years and years now. I think it was one of the first plugins I installed when LOTRO went Free to Play and I started playing.

Thank you so much for creating it and now creating and updating the new version! I will definitely check it out.

What Chromite said. I've found this very useful over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Welcome back, Hyos!

I just want to let you know I've used your original plugin for years and years now. I think it was one of the first plugins I installed when LOTRO went Free to Play and I started playing.

Thank you so much for creating it and now creating and updating the new version! I will definitely check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    What Chromite said. I've found this very useful over the years.
    Hey, thanks for the kind words! Definitely motivating to keep up working on the plugin.

I need to point out that Travel Window was originally developed by Dhor aka D1Hicks, not me, I merely took it up after he stopped playing LOTRO and developing plugins sometime in 2013 I think?
    Over the years many people contributed data, icons and code patches, hence the credits file I try and keep up to date here: https://github.com/wduda/TravelWindo...doc/credits.md

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Hey, thanks for the kind words! Definitely motivating to keep up working on the plugin.
    Hey, great that you decided to contribute to the absolutely great community effort called lotro plugins! It is one of the thing that separates lotro from many other games, as in this game, plugins are sort of officially accepted third party addons, unlike in vast majority of other games.

I need to point out that Travel Window was originally developed by Dhor aka D1Hicks, not me, I merely took it up after he stopped playing LOTRO and developing plugins sometime in 2013 I think? Over the years many people contributed data, icons and code patches, hence the credits file I try and keep up to date here: https://github.com/wduda/TravelWindo...doc/credits.md
    That is really awesome!

I basically hope that at some point someone who is actively playing, takes over the responsibility to keep my StatWatch up to date. The plugin itself is hosted in GitHub, and I think I could grant access to that to someone who wants to develop it. Giseldah has already made a huge contribution to modify it to use her/his absolute fantastically complete equations, but I woudln't mind someone to take over it and develop its UI and usability, at least during the time I am absent, and if I come back, I woudln't mind to continue working together. StatWatch is originally meant for a tool to track stats in real time, and although it can be used to compare different gear sets between each other, its main purpose was to track all the real time buffs you can get on Warden, and adjust your gear based on that information
    Laurelin mains: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)
    GW2 for LOTROers: https://bit.ly/2nYssrA

New release v1.0.5beta:

- removed references to setting the glan vraig map and the obsolete map home for now (GUI improvement)
    - cleaned up internal naming of variables to better differentiate skill names and skill labels used by plugin (internal)
    - made pulldownlist, enable options and sort options use labels instead of skill names (GUI improvement)
    - changed sort list box to use the full option window size better (GUI improvement)
    - redid all English skill labels and hopefully fixed all English skill names so skills should work (bugfix/improvement)
    - fixed some German skill names, most of these are still broken (bugfix)
    - added temporary labels for French Return Home skills (improvement)
    - dropped support for Russian translation since that is obsolete (internal)
    - removed unobtainable Return Home 12 skill (bugfix)
    - introduced support for Travel To Kinship members home skill (improvement)
    - made plugin run in own memory compartment for more stability (internal)
    - reintroduced Warden class enum (internal)
    - improved check for unlearned skills to include Return Home skills (improvement)
    - cleaned up the handling of character race so only one racial skill shows up in options and code is cleaner (bugfix/internal)
    - replaced some deprecated methods

Hey Hyos,

Thanks very much for taking over development and maintenance of this excellent plugin.
    I just installed the latest version (and I used the Compendium) and I love the new option for a Dropdown list.

Install with the compendium went without a hitch.

Keep up the good work.

Bo

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

A new version is now available.

v1.0.6beta
    - Plugin Compendium will now install Turbine libraries if they are not installed yet when you install Travel Window (enhancement)
    - changed Shire and Rivendell skill labels to be closer to user expectations (they are now Shire (Store), Shire (Racial), Rivendell (Store)) (bugfix)
    - fixed Premium house skill in German client (bugfix)
    - fixed about 30 skills in German client that were not working before (bugfix)

Is there a problem with the order of the skills not saving when you change it? I noticed when I first used this plugin after disabling the original Travel Window that the skill order was all mixed up (IMO, although I think all the port home skills should go together so it isn't like I'm randomly sorting them), so I went in and re-arranged them to my liking via the plugin and after I closed the options window, the sorting changes didn't save.

Did I miss a button to save the changes somewhere?
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    Is there a problem with the order of the skills not saving when you change it? I noticed when I first used this plugin after disabling the original Travel Window that the skill order was all mixed up (IMO, although I think all the port home skills should go together so it isn't like I'm randomly sorting them), so I went in and re-arranged them to my liking via the plugin and after I closed the options window, the sorting changes didn't save.

Did I miss a button to save the changes somewhere?
    No you did not. Sorting was very buggy in all versions and wanting to fix it was a trigger to build Travel Window II. A just released version v1.0.7beta should stabilise the capabilities of TWII to sort and save your travel skills to your liking.

A new version is now available. Enable/Disable and Sorting should be vastly improved, and 121 (!) broken skills across three languages were fixed. Please be aware that this version has to reset the settings of the plugin to work properly.

v1.0.7beta
    - changed enabled/disabled function to identify skills by ID - fixes problems with skills sharing names, like racial/rep, map home/Beorning racial (bugfix)
    - changed sorting identify skills by ID - sorting will now work and save its settings properly (bugfix)
    - made it so Travel Window II has its own config file - settings will reset once! (enhancement)
    - verified all 151 skills in English client, fixed 7 broken skills, with some fixed by Drono
    - verified all 151 skills in the German client, fixed 41 broken skills
    - verified all 151 skills in the German client, fixed 74 (!) broken skills, with some help from Adra
    - updated English localization (enhancement)
    - updated French localization thanks to Adra (enhancement)
    - updated German localization (enhancement)
    - reduced code duplication in indexedDictionaries so future development will become easier (internal)

No you did not. Sorting was very buggy in all versions and wanting to fix it was a trigger to build Travel Window II. A just released version v1.0.7beta should stabilise the capabilities of TWII to sort and save your travel skills to your liking.
    Yup, updating to the newly released 1.0.7beta fixed the sorting issue for me. Thanks for the update.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

A new version is available!

v1.0.8beta
    - made it so the plugin can attempt to import all settings from v1.06beta or earlier if new settings file is not present, so an import can be forced by deleting TravelWindowII.plugindata
    - fixed German travel to Dale

Please see the FAQ at https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...fo.php?id=1113 to learn more about how to import your previous settings in case you lost them through v1.0.7 beta.

v1.0.9beta
    - fixed bug where pressing Esc did not close the options window (bugfix)
    - fixed bug where changing options was lagging the client, especially on changing opacity sliders (bugfix)
    - automated github builds for faster releases (internal)
    - cleaned up settings stored by plugin to remove unused data (internal)
    - cleaned up some code for better readability (internal)

Get it at https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...fo.php?id=1113 or download via Plugin Compendium.

v1.0.10beta
    - U29 travel skills support for EN (enhancement)
    - attempted U29 travel skills support for DE and FR - no translations for skills were available on Bullroarer (enhancement)
    - checking for untrained skills both through the options button and menu item will now add newly learned skills immediately (enhancement)
    - fixed bug in text list mode where only the last skill was highlighted on mouseover (bugfix)
    - fixed bug that caused skill enabled list and skill order to reset after SSG releases an update (bugfix)
    - automated GitHub builds to create GitHub releases for easy access to finished zip (internal)
    - cleaned up a lot of global/local internal variables and names (internal)

v1.0.11hotfix2
    - U29 travel skills support for DE and FR

This is a really useful mod, Hyoss. I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into it, as well as the respectful way you handle questions and requests here and at lotrointerface.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    This is a really useful mod, Hyoss. I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into it, as well as the respectful way you handle questions and requests here and at lotrointerface.com.
    Thank you! It is messages like these that are very rewarding and keep me motivated to improve TW II.

v1.0.12beta
    - fixed unloadable settings for 64bit DE and FR clients (bugfix)
    - fixed label of Hultvis hunter guide in FR client (bugfix)

v1.0.13beta
    - fixed plugin crash for Wardens with travel to Trestlebridge learned (bugfix)

v1.0.14beta
    - added new travel skills for U30 in EN, DE, FR

Download it at Lotrointerface, GitHub, via OneLauncher or via Plugin Compendium.

v1.0.14beta
    - added new travel skills for U30 in EN, DE, FR

Download it at Lotrointerface, GitHub, via OneLauncher or via Plugin Compendium.
    Thanks Hyos!
    **Note to self: remove the travel skills from my quickslots, first thing after downtime xDD

Thanks for keeping this plugin updated.

v1.0.15beta
    - made the icon grid the default view on new characters
    - fixed bug causing window size not being saved on logout
    - cleaned code from references to Map Home item that existed before Milestone skills

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast