We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks for your continued work on this!

Any chance you could cleanup the listing view a bit? The previous Travel Window was much more readable... I understand you might be doing it for space but perhaps something like this would make it a bit more clean looking:

Code:
    (Mithril) Lalia's Market
        (Rep) Ost Guruth
      (Guide) Bree
      (Guide) Thorin's Hall
      (Guide) Michel Delving
      (Guide) Ost Guruth
      (Guide) Esteldin
      (Guide) Evendim
    Example: Original Listing on Left, Travel Window II on the Right

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post

Any chance you could cleanup the listing view a bit? The previous Travel Window was much more readable... I understand you might be doing it for space but perhaps something like this would make it a bit more clean looking:

Code:
    (Mithril) Lalia's Market
        (Rep) Ost Guruth
      (Guide) Bree
      (Guide) Thorin's Hall
      (Guide) Michel Delving
      (Guide) Ost Guruth
      (Guide) Esteldin
      (Guide) Evendim
    Example: Original Listing on Left, Travel Window II on the Right

Interesting. What you describe was not done for space. Rather for the sake of being able to quickly differentiate strings and not have to skim 15+ "Guide to" strings halfway to find Anazulbizar for example. Space is not an issue since the window is resizeable. Also most users I have seen use TW are not using a very large window with all text names at once like you do, so you have an unusual usecase. But I also can see how it looks visually cluttered if you set it up like that.

I can make an option to use the previouslly used strings that were duplicating skill names 1:1, but that will take me a bit since my time is very limited at the moment.

Any chance you could cleanup the listing view a bit? The previous Travel Window was much more readable...
    Also, the order is very different in the "new" screenshot - are you aware the order can be changed for all skills in a tab of the options?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Also, the order is very different in the "new" screenshot - are you aware the order can be changed for all skills in a tab of the options?
    Yes, that was the other thing I was going to point out. The "Journey to" Allegiance skills should be ordered and intermixed with the "Guide to" skills in my opinion. I try to order things by level/when you should acquire the skill. The Allegiance skills are single port skills so they are in that section so that is why they get out of order by default.

I normally reorder them manually though. (Also Caras Galadhon and Misty Mountains are in strange order too.. I usually manually move Misty Mountains next to Guide to Rivendell and Caras Galadhon before Mirk-eaves)

Yes, that was the other thing I was going to point out. The "Journey to" Allegiance skills should be ordered and intermixed with the "Guide to" skills in my opinion. I try to order things by level/when you should acquire the skill. The Allegiance skills are single port skills so they are in that section so that is why they get out of order by default.

I normally reorder them manually though. (Also Caras Galadhon and Misty Mountains are in strange order too.. I usually manually move Misty Mountains next to Guide to Rivendell and Caras Galadhon before Mirk-eaves)
    Well, what one considers "strange order" is highly personal and there is no one best order. It can be most commonly used, geographically colocated, alphabetical, by type, Yours is the best one just for yourself.

I have plans to create presets or other ways of sorting the skill list, but until that is actually implemented you will have to continue and order the list manually.

A new version is available!

v1.0.16beta
    - added 7 new skills for U31

Download it at Lotrointerface, GitHub, via OneLauncher or via Plugin Compendium.

Thanks for the update!

That was pretty fast, great work as usual.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

v1.0.17beta
    - fixed Allegiance skill for FR

Download it at Lotrointerface, GitHub, via OneLauncher or via Plugin Compendium.

v1.0.18beta
    - fixed changed Gundabad translations for FR

v1.0.19beta
    - added new option to close Travel Window when using a travel skill regardless of window mode
    - updated behaviour of Travel Window when using function key and escape to hide the UI, should now handle all cases correctly
    - added Tornhad travel skills
    - fixed many French Warden skills that were renamed by SSG

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Love your plugin.
    German HdRO-Guide. Für alles rund ums Spielvergnügen!

v1.0.20beta
    - added Yondershire port
    - worked around plugin manager causing client crash; replaced the manager options with a button opening the actual options window

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post

v1.0.20beta
    Thanks for maintaining/updating this great plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    Thanks for maintaining/updating this great plugin.
    Yes. Thanks muchly!
    I appreciate the new button.
    Last edited by Boraxxe; May 29 2022 at 10:00 PM.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

v1.0.21beta
    - added U34 skills for EN/DE/FR
    - fixed two Muster skills in DE
    - PluginManager button for options no longer opens a second copy of options window
    - Maps open again but are still buggy in terms of showing travel locations
    - error message when using dropdown view should no longer show up

Possible issues with this plugin?

As a hunter, I absolutely love this travel plugin and use it all of the time. However since the two downtimes we have had this week, I have noticed a problem. I like to sort my travel skills to have them in a certain order and once organised they remain in the same order every time I log back into game. This week though, the plugin seems to forget my list and certainly doesn't like the guides for Andrath and other new places being moved. Every time I log back into game, I have to redo the list.

Now I'm not very techy minded, so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong at my end and perhaps missing some sort of "save" button, or if there is something wrong with the plugin itself. Either way I thought I would let you know, just in case its something that either yourself or I need to fix.

Apart from this issue, this plugin is an absolute must, I'd quite literally be lost with it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiadrop View Post
    As a hunter, I absolutely love this travel plugin and use it all of the time. However since the two downtimes we have had this week, I have noticed a problem. I like to sort my travel skills to have them in a certain order and once organised they remain in the same order every time I log back into game. This week though, the plugin seems to forget my list and certainly doesn't like the guides for Andrath and other new places being moved. Every time I log back into game, I have to redo the list.

Now I'm not very techy minded, so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong at my end and perhaps missing some sort of "save" button, or if there is something wrong with the plugin itself. Either way I thought I would let you know, just in case its something that either yourself or I need to fix.

Apart from this issue, this plugin is an absolute must, I'd quite literally be lost with it lol.
    Hyos will probably give you a better solution, but in the meanwhile, you might want to delete all the TravelWindow* files in your character's folder:
    ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/PluginData/AccountName/ServerName/CharacterName/
    Do that while the game isn't running. The next time that character enters the game world, your local TravelWindowII preference files will be recreated. If the problem you reported is due to file corruption, this will resolve your issue. You should then be able to set your sorting and other options and they should "stick" properly between logins of that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Hyos will probably give you a better solution, but in the meanwhile, you might want to delete all the TravelWindow* files in your character's folder:
    ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/PluginData/AccountName/ServerName/CharacterName/
    Do that while the game isn't running. The next time that character enters the game world, your local TravelWindowII preference files will be recreated. If the problem you reported is due to file corruption, this will resolve your issue. You should then be able to set your sorting and other options and they should "stick" properly between logins of that character.

Hi there, thank you for your reply and suggestion which I have now tried, I have also tried re-installing the plugin, as well as ensuring it was up to date. But I've now noticed that the problem becomes even more weirder than I first noticed. Bear with me and I shall try and explain...

So I am currently looking at the travel options, in particular the sorting tab, where I can move the skills into my order of preference. I am trying to move the Bree (Guide) so that it's at the top of the list, but instead it moves the icon for Guide to Thorin's Hall. If I try to move Thorin's Hall (Guide) to the top of the list, it instead moves the icon for Guide To Michel Delving. Basically, the icons in the travel window are not matching with sorting list.

This is why I keep seeing icons in the travel window in an incorrect order, however I can confirm that all of the icons in the travel window do take me to the correct place. So the Bree guide, takes me to Bree, the Thorin's Hall guide takes me to Thorin's Hall.

For extra information:

Return to camp - moves the Guide To Bree Icon
    Misty Mountains (guide) - moves the Guide to Snowbourn icon
    Galtrev (guide) - moves the Guide To Stangard icon
    Rivendell (guide) - moves the Guide To Suri-Kyla icon

Hi there, thank you for your reply and suggestion which I have now tried, I have also tried re-installing the plugin, as well as ensuring it was up to date. But I've now noticed that the problem becomes even more weirder than I first noticed. Bear with me and I shall try and explain...

So I am currently looking at the travel options, in particular the sorting tab, where I can move the skills into my order of preference. I am trying to move the Bree (Guide) so that it's at the top of the list, but instead it moves the icon for Guide to Thorin's Hall. If I try to move Thorin's Hall (Guide) to the top of the list, it instead moves the icon for Guide To Michel Delving. Basically, the icons in the travel window are not matching with sorting list.

This is why I keep seeing icons in the travel window in an incorrect order, however I can confirm that all of the icons in the travel window do take me to the correct place. So the Bree guide, takes me to Bree, the Thorin's Hall guide takes me to Thorin's Hall.

For extra information:

Return to camp - moves the Guide To Bree Icon
    Misty Mountains (guide) - moves the Guide to Snowbourn icon
    Galtrev (guide) - moves the Guide To Stangard icon
    Rivendell (guide) - moves the Guide To Suri-Kyla icon
    Again, Hyoss himself will probably have a better solution for you. Until then:

Let's more thoroughly delete your TravelWindowII locally-stored preferences.
    1- Do the same as before to delete all the TravelWindow* files in your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/PluginData/AccountName/ServerName/CharacterName folder.
    2- Now go to ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/PluginData/AccountName/AllServers and delete all the TravelWindow* files in that folder. (I did not suggest this in my previous reply because I assumed that the problem was isolated to just one of your characters.)

Again, do the above while the game is not running.

Since I am not experiencing this issue – I just tested to be sure before hitting the SUBMIT REPLY button – then assuming you have the latest version of TravelWindowII from lotrointerface.com, your problem should be resolved when replacement settings files are created for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Again, Hyoss himself will probably have a better solution for you. Until then:

Let's more thoroughly delete your TravelWindowII locally-stored preferences.
    1- Do the same as before to delete all the TravelWindow* files in your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/PluginData/AccountName/ServerName/CharacterName folder.
    2- Now go to ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/PluginData/AccountName/AllServers and delete all the TravelWindow* files in that folder. (I did not suggest this in my previous reply because I assumed that the problem was isolated to just one of your characters.)

Again, do the above while the game is not running.

Since I am not experiencing this issue – I just tested to be sure before hitting the SUBMIT REPLY button – then assuming you have the latest version of TravelWindowII from lotrointerface.com, your problem should be resolved when replacement settings files are created for you.
    Hi and thanks again for your help

I have tried your suggestion now and also ensured everything was removed from the recycle bin, (just in case lol) Unfortunately the same problem occurs, so in a final attempt to restore order, I'm going to get my partner to fully delete LOTRO and any files related to plugins. Then I'm going to do a complete reinstall and see what happens then.

If that fails, then I am at a complete loss, as everything was working fine the other week lol. But again, many thanks for your help

Hi and thanks again for your help

I have tried your suggestion now and also ensured everything was removed from the recycle bin, (just in case lol) Unfortunately the same problem occurs, so in a final attempt to restore order, I'm going to get my partner to fully delete LOTRO and any files related to plugins. Then I'm going to do a complete reinstall and see what happens then.

If that fails, then I am at a complete loss, as everything was working fine the other week lol. But again, many thanks for your help
    Don't do that... unless you've already done it.

I'm sure it's a problem with the plugin itself, and Hyos will be along some time soon to figure it out.

in a final attempt to restore order, I'm going to get my partner to fully delete LOTRO and any files related to plugins. Then I'm going to do a complete reinstall and see what happens then.
    As Thurallor said, don't do that. There is nothing wrong with your installation of the game. If you removed the plugin data files and that didn't resolve your issue, there is some problem with TravelWindowII itself. I'm not experiencing the issue you described but that still doesn't point to an issue with your game files. Wait for Hyoss.

Well I've reinstalled the game and the plugin, but still the same issue occurs. It was worth doing in my opinion, just as a process of elimination if nothing else. I shall wait for Hyoss and hope he/she can weave some plugin magic lol. Once again thanks for giving some ideas to try.

Well I've reinstalled the game and the plugin, but still the same issue occurs. It was worth doing in my opinion, just as a process of elimination if nothing else. I shall wait for Hyoss and hope he/she can weave some plugin magic lol. Once again thanks for giving some ideas to try.
    I am looking into the issue.

v1.0.22beta
    - fixed bug with duplicate skillID affecting hunters trying to sort their travel skills
    - fixed TWII button not saving position when being moved
    - fixed error message when resetting skills to default

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast