We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How will SSG keep the game worth playing until fall expansion?

Simply put what will they do? Most regular raiders I know, me included, are already getting bored of the poor 3 peaks expansion and we've had remmo for getting on a year. The 6 man isn't particularly fun to do and there really isn't much else worth your time. The daily instances aren't worth doing and 0 rewards and nothing to barter. How will the raiding/grouping communities survive until fall? The only thing I can think of that would help, is to properly scale all content. Not like it is at the moment, so it's both a proper challenge and doable, and have it drop useful endgame loot. If you don't do something SSG you will lose a good chunk of the grouping community, for some probably forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldanor View Post
    Simply put what will they do? Most regular raiders I know, me included, are already getting bored of the poor 3 peaks expansion and we've had remmo for getting on a year. The 6 man isn't particularly fun to do and there really isn't much else worth your time. The daily instances aren't worth doing and 0 rewards and nothing to barter. How will the raiding/grouping communities survive until fall? The only thing I can think of that would help, is to properly scale all content. Not like it is at the moment, so it's both a proper challenge and doable, and have it drop useful endgame loot. If you don't do something SSG you will lose a good chunk of the grouping community, for some probably forever.
    45+ level questpack near Bree and 130 level questpack to the north of Elderslade.

By introducing more grind of course, everyone just loves more tedious grinding!
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Leveling Content aside, the normal route MMOs take today is by adding collectibles or earnable cosmetic side content.

Unfortunately I think they have a rather small team, making them add the usual norm content we see today in MMOs less likely due to time constraints.

If the livestream featuring the executive producer was anything to go by, it is likely they'll add some free content sometime in Spring or Summer.
    That small area north of Bree (Wild Wood) has been sitting there for over 2 years now. Small things like a boat travel to a wharf very close to the area hints that it hasn't been forgotten. It would be nice to see it released sometime this year but it isn't big enough for a full quest pack (it is smaller than Elderslade)

Personally I would LOVE to see a rerun of the Bombadil PvP event... Perhaps for the second version it would focus more on fighting and less on deeding. However I believe if the server comes back (if at all, it would likely be in summer) it might not be PvP focused.
    I hope we don't have to wait until the middle of the year to discover what they have planned. A producer's letter should be available """SOON"""
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

Quote Originally Posted by Elflord410 View Post
    By introducing more grind of course, everyone just loves more tedious grinding!
    Its better than having nothing to do? I quit several months ago, 2 new instances wasnt enough to keep me engaged longer than a few weeks maybe a month at max. Maybe they could do something like wow called timewalking dungeons. They bring back dungeons from previous expansions, balance them and adding useful loot for some time. The current endgame is the worst we have ever had IMO. Stairs is such a poorly designed 6 player instance imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Its better than having nothing to do? I quit several months ago, 2 new instances wasnt enough to keep me engaged longer than a few weeks maybe a month at max. Maybe they could do something like wow called timewalking dungeons. They bring back dungeons from previous expansions, balance them and adding useful loot for some time. The current endgame is the worst we have ever had IMO. Stairs is such a poorly designed 6 player instance imo.
    They talking about introducing more mission style instances outside of WotP somewhere around summer 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    They talking about introducing more mission style instances outside of WotP somewhere around summer 2021
    Do you mean those quests who act just like normal quests but instanced? I think I pass lol.