We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do I need "Vip" to post on The Forum?

Just wanted to post a thread, but I can't find the option, beside "The free to play" section, so do I need Vip? If not Any Mods can enable me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfnick123 View Post
    Just wanted to post a thread, but I can't find the option, beside "The free to play" section, so do I need Vip? If not Any Mods can enable me?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Only-Post-Here

Thankyou ertr, I'v sent Cordovan a message, hope I'll be enabled soon

Sorry to use this topic, but I don't seem to be able to post anywhere else, and it fits my situation.

I have what I hope is a Premium (not VIP) account, having purchased LOTRO Points and the "Before the Shadow" expansion, and having played since 2021, but I seem to be restricted to replies on the Free/New Player forums only.

Is this truly by design? I'd appreciate to have the possibility to at least reply in the general user forums.

Quote Originally Posted by PirroEpirote View Post
    Sorry to use this topic, but I don't seem to be able to post anywhere else, and it fits my situation.

I have what I hope is a Premium (not VIP) account, having purchased LOTRO Points and the "Before the Shadow" expansion, and having played since 2021, but I seem to be restricted to replies on the Free/New Player forums only.

Is this truly by design? I'd appreciate to have the possibility to at least reply in the general user forums.
    Users face this restriction the first time they log into the web site/forums. It is an anti-spam measure that does a good job of keeping spammers largely off the forums, but does mean that first-time users need to wait a few days to post. Typically you will be able to post within 72 hours of your first log in to the web site, and if not, a quick message to me or a ticket to CS (Community Support) will get it resolved. I've just checked and in your case you already have the permissions to post.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Users face this restriction the first time they log into the web site/forums. It is an anti-spam measure that does a good job of keeping spammers largely off the forums, but does mean that first-time users need to wait a few days to post. Typically you will be able to post within 72 hours of your first log in to the web site, and if not, a quick message to me or a ticket to CS (Community Support) will get it resolved. I've just checked and in your case you already have the permissions to post.
    Thank you for the quick and informative reply Cordovan. You're right, I seem to have posting permissions now. I was confused since I did login to the site a long time ago - apparently logging-in again and posting did the trick!