We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Plugin - AltHolic Help

Hello, I'm trying to use the AltHolic plugin but in game I keep getting 2 error;
    Unable to resolve package "Turbine.UI.Extensions"
    Failed to import package "Homeopatix.AltHolic.Librarys" .

Any help is greatly appreciated

Have you installed the Turbine and Turbineplugins package? That plugin needs them to work. You can download and install them with the Plugin Compendium (recommended for easy plugin management) - https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...ompendium.html - if you use that or get them here http://content.turbine.com/sites/lot..._LuaPlugins.7z

Yes I have downloaded them and extracted it to my Plugins folder

other problems

I saw this thread, the plugin sounded interesting, so I tried it.
    - The collapsed "dot" for the plugin won't move and it's not near an edge. It's in the way
    - It didn't automatically add the information for all the alts in the account and I don't see a way to tell it to add the alts

I didn't see instructions for how to address either. It's a nice concept, but needs work.

Title?

Ok, thank you so much, I'll delete the plugin as it seems too difficult to use

I have been using this plugin.
    1st I had to make sure that this plugin is set to load for all my characters.
    2nd I had to enter my account name
    3rd I logged into all my characters.
    Than it showed everything it said it would.

The plugin refused to delete earlier and it worked for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    I saw this thread, the plugin sounded interesting, so I tried it.
    - The collapsed "dot" for the plugin won't move and it's not near an edge. It's in the way
    - It didn't automatically add the information for all the alts in the account and I don't see a way to tell it to add the alts

I didn't see instructions for how to address either. It's a nice concept, but needs work.
    The dot can probably be moved while holding the ALT or CTRL key.
    Adding data for alts happens by logging in to each alt once. The plugins saves the alts inventory and the inventory cannot change while the character is logged out the data is reliable even without real time access.

Alt inventory info

If it's off any help, the Titan bar plugin also allows you to view the contents of your alts inventories.
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

It's not of any help to use Titan bar any more than this one really. Both of them "say" you can see your alt's inventories, but neither of them work right. Titan bar you cannot get stats or information for anything inside an alt's inventory. Same for this one when trying to see gear on alts. All I can see is the item and if I click it I get a blank description for the most part.

I am working on Windows 10, and all the required files should be there since it was installed with the Plugin Compendium and I did double check to make sure the turbine files were all there and they are. So ... handy for inventory? Maybe, but Alt Inventory has a better layout for it so if that's all I'll get out of this one, then I'll stay with that one.

If there's some reason that it's not showing me the rest of the information though, do let me know as I'd like to use one plugin for it all so it's this one or Alt Inventory, whichever one works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverana View Post

If there's some reason that it's not showing me the rest of the information though, do let me know as I'd like to use one plugin for it all so it's this one or Alt Inventory, whichever one works best.
    AltInventory worked great for alts vaults & bags but since they released the new subscribers perks I haven't been able to get a reliable read - it doesn't update as well as it used to

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverana View Post
    It's not of any help to use Titan bar any more than this one really. Both of them "say" you can see your alt's inventories, but neither of them work right. Titan bar you cannot get stats or information for anything inside an alt's inventory. Same for this one when trying to see gear on alts. All I can see is the item and if I click it I get a blank description for the most part.

I am working on Windows 10, and all the required files should be there since it was installed with the Plugin Compendium and I did double check to make sure the turbine files were all there and they are. So ... handy for inventory? Maybe, but Alt Inventory has a better layout for it so if that's all I'll get out of this one, then I'll stay with that one.

The issues are limitations in the Lua API. Most item stats are not exposed to Lua so they can not be stored for display on alts. The popup tooltips that are available for items that are on the current character are generated by Lua ItemControl or QuickSlot controls. Unfortunately, the item ID that is needed to populate a Lua ItemControl or QuickSlot from an alt is not programatically available via Lua except in the rare instance that an item is in a dragdrop operation so there is no way to keep track of the item IDs for items that are on alts (for the current character, you can get an instance of the item from their EquippedItems or inventory bags, but there is no way to get the item ID to recreate that instance). So, no plugin is going to provide you with the functionality you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    AltInventory worked great for alts vaults & bags but since they released the new subscribers perks I haven't been able to get a reliable read - it doesn't update as well as it used to
    That's the first I've heard of any new problem with AltInventory. If you are referring to the Carryalls, that's another Lua limitation - carryalls aren't exposed to Lua so no plugin will show you their inventory. I'll have to take a look at the sequence of events when items are picked up and auto-collected by a carryall as that's the only thing that has changed recently that should impact inventory plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    That's the first I've heard of any new problem with AltInventory. If you are referring to the Carryalls, that's another Lua limitation - carryalls aren't exposed to Lua so no plugin will show you their inventory. I'll have to take a look at the sequence of events when items are picked up and auto-collected by a carryall as that's the only thing that has changed recently that should impact inventory plugins.
    No, I'm aware the plugin can't tell what's inside the carry-alls. What I've noticed is issues when pulling items out of the vault / shared storage by using the remote access via the subscriber perk, whether to use or mail. I can try giving a more detailed explanation later, but I started finding errors like: the items I pulled out where still registering in the vault of the toon I took them from, or the same item appearing as existing twice like a duplicate both for the toon that had it and the toon that received it. And the issues persist while alting around, maybe not after relogging completely? that I can't recall.

No, I'm aware the plugin can't tell what's inside the carry-alls. What I've noticed is issues when pulling items out of the vault / shared storage by using the remote access via the subscriber perk, whether to use or mail. I can try giving a more detailed explanation later, but I started finding errors like: the items I pulled out where still registering in the vault of the toon I took them from, or the same item appearing as existing twice like a duplicate both for the toon that had it and the toon that received it. And the issues persist while alting around, maybe not after relogging completely? that I can't recall.
    Ah. I'll have to see what events are firing when not in range of a actual vault-keeper.

EDIT:
    Hmm, on initial view, all events seem to fire as usual, that is, the vault access changes, the items show as added/removed properly and AltInventory is in sync with the game's bags and vault. I will have to do some additional testing but there does not seem to be any glaring bug. Do you have AltInventory loaded the entire time? That is, while you are accessing vault services, AltInventory needs to be loaded or it will get out of sync.
    Last edited by Garan; Feb 13 2021 at 10:32 PM.

I haven't had any issues with alt inventory at all other than what I mentioned. To me that's a limitation that should just stop people from making Plugins that even access it on alts because you can't get any details from it.

This particular plugin states it can show you what your alts are wearing, but of course, without any statistics of those items, then that feature is entirely useless, similar to what it is in alt inventory.

Guess I'll stay with alt inventory as I know it's working and this one won't really give me anything much more than that one will already. Thanks for the heads up on the situation and good luck with the plugins.

I've had this same issue for a while now with KikiInventory, so I wonder if it's not a bigger problem than just a single addon. I agree though, it's quite annoying if a search tells you the items are in a place where you know for a fact they're not. In addition, it would sometimes fail to pull up any items at all, telling me I had none until I relogged to the char I knew had them stored.

For this reason I decided to give Altholic a try, it's far from perfect but at least I can trust the search results - which is the main reason I use this addon. I mean, I'd very much love to be able to check items/gear and even recipe outputs on my alts, but I know that's not possible due to LUA restrictions so for now the search function is my most used aspect.

About moving the Altholic icon: you can do so by holding alt while left-clicking and then dragging the icon to the desired spot.
    Last edited by Dandee; Feb 16 2021 at 07:30 AM.
    Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.