We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update 29 News?

Update 29 News?

Any chance of some news please? Or do we need to wait for the producer's letter to hear what this may contain?

We know, U29 is Wildwood (south-east of Evendim) with mid lvl content and new endgame. 1 3-man instance. No eta, yet

I mean what do you expect of SSG but their default M.O. of graveyard silence in regard to everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    Any chance of some news please? Or do we need to wait for the producer's letter to hear what this may contain?
    Have to wait for the producer's letter for details, however cordovan on his live stream last friday did say the Wildwood is coming next before Gundabad and will have content that is not end game level.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Wildwood at Northwest side

Thumbs down

Urgh - those maps look horrible! Please, no!

The area of bree land near trader's wharf seems awfully small for one update. I wonder if those boats go to some other region? down river maybe?

Old maps looks very cool and more close to Lotro graphic style. New map looks ugly, hard to find places what you need and just don't fit into Lotro style

Wow the new maps look really amazing !!!

only these 3 lands gets new maps or whole Eriador zones?

and what about new instances? where they are? after sauron defeat ?

I prefer the old map style, but the new map isn't bad certainly not ugly at all, its same style maps we gotten in recent updates, I'd prefer a different style but this is alright.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Trendafil View Post
    Urgh - those maps look horrible! Please, no!
    I am on the fence.. its nice to see a more accurate map. However, I love and miss the old whimsical ones from years ago. I tend not to like the way the 'satellite' image maps look at all.

I like them. They look like the updated wall decoration maps that you can get from rep vendors or festival traders or whatnot, and I've bought a few.

Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    We know, U29 is Wildwood (south-east of Evendim) with mid lvl content and new endgame. 1 3-man instance. No eta, yet
    The wildwood weed grew wild on the farm, and we never knowed what it was called. (Thank you, Jim Stafford)

So Middle Earth is finally moving past tobacco? Excellent!

I like the new maps, too. More like topographical maps where I can chart off road routes easier, avoiding mountains and dense forests. Are those new maps just for Wildwood? Or are they intending to change all of the game maps this way eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Where is the official info on this please? Looks like I've missed it.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Tough design choice for the maps: Do you make player-centered maps (topological) or lore-centered maps (whatever was the paradigm for medieval-ish cartography)

I rather like the new maps - more of the same style as other, new maps.

Personally I doubt a menu option toggling between styles would be nice, but probably not worth the development time.
    Freeps: R14 LM/ R8 RK / R6 WRD / MNS
    Creeps: R11 WRG/ R11 SPR/ R9 RVR/ R7 WL/ R6 BA/ R5 DFL

I like new maps more though it lacks many areas names.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    The area of bree land near trader's wharf seems awfully small for one update. I wonder if those boats go to some other region? down river maybe?
    No, this area between Trestlebridge and Traders wharf is Wildwood. And that's all. It's quite nice though and expands Breeland in a good manner. I'd like to see more of filling the gaps. It makes world much more open.

The new maps are gorgeous! I like them!

the new maps look great, thank you!!

they're really fantastic, and bring to life the world for new/returning players.

SO is this a new mini expansion ? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    Both new instances counts as part of WotP.

Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    Micro-expansion?

Glad that the 'to the Grey Havens' placeholder on the map has remained, people have been asking for this zone (along with Tower Hills) since SoA. Once we have completed the dwarf 4th age story, we can hopefully do something elf-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    Glad that the 'to the Grey Havens' placeholder on the map has remained, people have been asking for this zone (along with Tower Hills) since SoA. Once we have completed the dwarf 4th age story, we can hopefully do something elf-related.
    We need the scouring first!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast