We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ingame mail - lost items

Hey,

nearly 3 days ago I sent ingame ticket because I lost few important items (thrangs bell, shadowed kings earrings and all 3 new portents) in ingame mail. I sent those items from one character to another. Still I have no mail or answer from GM. Estimated wait time was 23 hours...

So I try to ask here also if there is any chance to solve my problem.

Thanks.
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    Founder of Sid eb Yside kinship
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

I once thought I had lost items, valuable ones, on a mail. Turns out, I sent the items to a different alt, not the one I was thinking of later when I went to retrieve the items.

Until I figured out what had happened, my hope was that I had mistyped the name of the recipient, and whoever received the items would return them to me.

So those are two possibilities - sent it to a different alt, mistyped the name and sent it to another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroniel View Post
    I once thought I had lost items, valuable ones, on a mail. Turns out, I sent the items to a different alt, not the one I was thinking of later when I went to retrieve the items.

Until I figured out what had happened, my hope was that I had mistyped the name of the recipient, and whoever received the items would return them to me.

So those are two possibilities - sent it to a different alt, mistyped the name and sent it to another player.
    No I checked all my characters. Also these items are bound to account so you cannot send them to another player.
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

BTW do I need to be VIP or online to get help? Because estimated wait time is 14 hours now but i am waiting for 4 days already.
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

So its more than a week and I am still missing my items. I would farm them again...problem is those items are mostly from events which are closed now. Really dont know where else I should ask for help. Its sad you can lost your ingame items so easily and noone cares to solve this.
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

Check lotro-wiki page on account types to see what type of access f2p players have for help. If I recall correctly, you don't have access to in game help, but double check wiki to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneckie View Post
    So its more than a week and I am still missing my items. I would farm them again...problem is those items are mostly from events which are closed now. Really dont know where else I should ask for help. Its sad you can lost your ingame items so easily and noone cares to solve this.
    Sneckie, I only needed help with a non-technical issue in game one time. Wait time was a lot of hours, 18 maybe, let's say that was it. The next time I logged in was more than 18 hours later and when I checked my ticket status it said that I had to be logged in and in-game in order to receive help with my issue. And since my wait time had elapsed, I was in a queue to get help as soon as a live GM was available. Unfortunately, since I tend to not stay online for very long at any one time, I did not get attention from a GM for many days after that.

I relate that story because I think for some types of issues – and I bet yours is one of those types – you need to be online in order to interact with a live GM in-game. So if you can, log in and stay logged in and keep at least one eye on the screen at all times. The longer you remain logged in and attentive, the more likely your turn in the queue will come up and you'll get a message from a live GM. If you're not in-game, you probably can't get this issue addressed, it seems like something similar to the issue I had and that can't be done by the offline support staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Sneckie, I only needed help with a non-technical issue in game one time. Wait time was a lot of hours, 18 maybe, let's say that was it. The next time I logged in was more than 18 hours later and when I checked my ticket status it said that I had to be logged in and in-game in order to receive help with my issue. And since my wait time had elapsed, I was in a queue to get help as soon as a live GM was available. Unfortunately, since I tend to not stay online for very long at any one time, I did not get attention from a GM for many days after that.

I relate that story because I think for some types of issues – and I bet yours is one of those types – you need to be online in order to interact with a live GM in-game. So if you can, log in and stay logged in and keep at least one eye on the screen at all times. The longer you remain logged in and attentive, the more likely your turn in the queue will come up and you'll get a message from a live GM. If you're not in-game, you probably can't get this issue addressed, it seems like something similar to the issue I had and that can't be done by the offline support staff.
    Well my friend told me he lost items in ingame mail too and he got his items back after like 3 days after he post ticket. He wasnt online. So its possisble to do it while player is offline. Well its second week I am waiting already...still dont have my items back. I really dont know what else to do. This is just sad and frustrating.
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

Sneckie, you said you're f2p, which means you don't have access to in game help, according to wiki.

But why not try submitting a ticket on the website? I've always gotten good responses thru the external help site at https://help.standingstonegames.com/

Include as much detail as you can - they maybe able to help even if you're not logged on.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroniel View Post
    Sneckie, you said you're f2p, which means you don't have access to in game help, according to wiki.

But why not try submitting a ticket on the website? I've always gotten good responses thru the external help site at https://help.standingstonegames.com/

Include as much detail as you can - they maybe able to help even if you're not logged on.

Good luck!
    Thanks.

Well I am not f2p, I was VIP for many years and I have premium account now. So yeah I was able to post ingame ticket. And I also submit ticket on SSG website.
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

I am waiting for more than three weeks already to get my items back and all I got was message from GM that I should be patient.....
    Last edited by Sneckie; Apr 14 2021 at 09:45 AM.
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

So after more than 3 weeks I got this message from GM:

"Greetings! Thank you for contacting in-game support. After review, our logs do not support that these items were sent by this character at or around the specified time. We apologize that we are unable to restore these items as they do not show present within out logs. We apologize for any inconvenience."

This is just ridiculous...
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

Must say I provided correct date and time. After 3 weeks they are just not able to find the data in logs. Good job customer service support!
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin

So after few more days and with the help of Cordovan I was contacted by GM +Prosciutto+ and I have my items back. Many thanks you helped me with my issue!
    Second Marshal Sneckie
    Dwarf minstrel
    [EN-RP] Laurelin