We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

question about runestone

Hi all!

I'm new to runekeeper so please be patient with this question lol.

I'm not really sure how to use the runestone. Do I lay it out first before attacking mobs like I lay down a trap and step behind it when using a hunter or do I attack the mob first and then lay down the runestone? Or am I wrong on both counts?

I'm yellow if that makes any difference.

I don't understand attunement, but that will have to wait lol.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

There are many ways to use rune stones.

Offensively: Drop it into a group of mobs, zap them one by one with single target skills while the rest of them is busy hitting your stone. (Or standing around stunned in case of Fulgurite Runestone.)

Defensively: When you're attacked by more mobs you can handle, put the stone right in front of you do distract them. This also works with the base version of the stone. Great if you're the healer, the tank has lost aggro, and mobs are runnig towards you - the stone gives you a few precious seconds so the tank can take action.
    (Sometimes, I even use the healing stone from blue line when playing yellow like this. It doesn't heal much, but draws aggro, giving me some breathing room.)

Tactical: Red Maid is a good example. When the Creoths are on their way to the altar, wait until they meet in the middle, then set the Fulgurite Runestone between them to stun them both. Or set it in front of an attacking ghost to distract / stun it, so the DD's can safely kill it.

Attunement basics:
    - Most damaging skills build "red" attunement, most healing skills build "green" attunement. This moves the attunement bar into the respective direction.
    - Some skills only can be played when at least one of "their" attument is up.
    - Playing a red attunement skill will cancel out existing green attunement and vice versa.
    - Damaging skills hit harder when red attunement is up. Healing skills heal for more when green attunement is up.
    - Some damaging / healing skills consume "their" attunement for greater effects. Attunement has to be rebuild after this.

Thank you so much!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Use the stones to distract..

When you attack a group of 3, set down a few runestones, and then the mob will attack the stone FIRST. giving you time to pick them off 1-by-1.