We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Top 5] LOTRO Best DPS Classes

Which damage dealer do you find the most lethal? Do you agree with this? https://www.gamersdecide.com/article...best-dps-class
    For me it's not only about the dmg output, but also about the smoothness of gameplay. Tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Matijacleptoman View Post
    Which damage dealer do you find the most lethal? Do you agree with this? https://www.gamersdecide.com/article...best-dps-class
    For me it's not only about the dmg output, but also about the smoothness of gameplay. Tell me what you think.
    No, just no! Runekeeper as second best DPS is far from being correct. They were great DPS until they took a double hit from toning down some skills by giving them a longer cooldown and the fix if the Fate-bug. Now runekeeper is a second class DPS being far behind hunters, champions and wardens (top 3). Instead the burglar, you name as low DPS in another of your lists, should be in the top 5. A well played red burglar has a much higher DPS potential than a runekeeper and singletarget and up to 3 targets also higher then a loremaster.
    The reason some people still seem to consider runekeeper as a good DPS class is it's low skill cap. Without really knowing what you do, you can get to about 70-80% of the classes potential. Doing the same as a champion/hunter/burglar will get you to 30-40% at best, probably even lower on a warden.
    Additionally the runekeeper does not benefit that much from the buffs a full raid offers so it's DSP does not increase that much as it does for the other. DPS classes.

On another note: in your tank list you state that the guardian is the best tank in the game. Seems you have not played as a tank for a long time. At level 130 the best tank (by a far margin) is the captain which offers higher morale pool, better self healing, much better emergency skills and superior group support, making the guardian only second best (if not even third behind the beorninger.

I appreciate the work you put in your lists, but for making them really helpful for players new to the game or at least to groups or raids, you should talk to people with real knowledge of the classes in endgame grouping content.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaijian View Post
    I appreciate the work you put in your lists.
    ...they don't put work into lists, they're just clickbait articles trying to get ad revenue.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

4. Apr 03 2021, 08:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    ...they don't put work into lists, they're just clickbait articles trying to get ad revenue.
    I tried to be nice because it's weekend and almost easter