We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Top 5] LOTRO Best Solo Classes

This is a list I made from my own experience. https://www.gamersdecide.com/article...est-solo-class
    I find places 1-4 pretty conventional. However, when it comes to place number 5, many people probably wouldn't agree on it, but that was my individual experience. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Matijacleptoman View Post
    This is a list I made from my own experience. https://www.gamersdecide.com/article...est-solo-class
    I find places 1-4 pretty conventional. However, when it comes to place number 5, many people probably wouldn't agree on it, but that was my individual experience. Check it out and let me know what you think.
    I am sure I will get in trouble for "necroing"(even though I never believed in that BS, should be able to comment no matter how old it is), this is by far the worst of your "lists".

First of all, soloing in pretty much every MMO has always been about how well you can solo hard targets, like elites, instances/dungeons and group quests. Not how well you can kill easy targets in overland content. Hunter isn't even close to the top. Maybe 5th at best if you squint real hard. They are only good at moving around the world, soon as a hard mob hits you, you are screwed. You also forgot the second best soloer in the game, Beorning. Your criteria should be, survivability, dps and how many tools you have to survive. The list should be

1. Blue Warden
    2. Blue Beorning
    3. Yellow Guardian
    4. Blue Captain
    5. Blue Loremaster or Red champion

Even this list can be tweaked a little but, this is pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Thentix View Post
    I am sure I will get in trouble for "necroing"(even though I never believed in that BS, should be able to comment no matter how old it is), this is by far the worst of your "lists".

First of all, soloing in pretty much every MMO has always been about how well you can solo hard targets, like elites, instances/dungeons and group quests. Not how well you can kill easy targets in overland content. Hunter isn't even close to the top. Maybe 5th at best if you squint real hard. They are only good at moving around the world, soon as a hard mob hits you, you are screwed. You also forgot the second best soloer in the game, Beorning. Your criteria should be, survivability, dps and how many tools you have to survive. The list should be

1. Blue Warden
    2. Blue Beorning
    3. Yellow Guardian
    4. Blue Captain
    5. Blue Loremaster or Red champion

Even this list can be tweaked a little but, this is pretty close.
    They don't care. All they ever do is make a vague posting and then a link to their article which is even less vague and often makes little to no sense. All it is, is clickbait and self promotion. Don't bother replying to them.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Very bad list

this is the real one:

1. Champion (yellow ofc)
    2. Burglar
    3. Red Champion
    4. Blue Champion (easy switch yellow)
    5. Lore-Master

oka maybe few honorable mentions
    Captain Blue
    2h Guardian (red)
    Minstrell

Worst class imo: Rune-keeper

I do not play warden, so my list:

yellow beorning
    yellow/blue guardian
    blue/yellow cappy
    Between Heaven and Earth goes the path of the Moon
    Imbi Menel Cemenyë menë Ráno tië

Quote Originally Posted by Thentix View Post
    First of all, soloing in pretty much every MMO has always been about how well you can solo hard targets, like elites, instances/dungeons and group quests. Not how well you can kill easy targets in overland content.
    Some might dispute that understanding of soloing, but it certainly helps focus the discussion. How well do different classes solo hard targets? I used to raid regularly with my Captain, since 2015 only play solo, now have toons in every class at level 140. If I had one minute to put together a list:

• Yellow Captain. Before they significantly increased difficulty used to solo 3-man instances (such as Warg Pens, School, Library)
    • Blue Warden? Ditto although she sometimes struggled with bosses. Wardens have struggled the last few years.
    • Red Beorning? plows through Skirmishes and Missions with ease. Yellow Beornings are like Yellow Captains and can solo some sick content. Never tried Blue.
    • Red Brawler? Plows through Skirmishes and Missions more easily than my Beorning. At one point my Brawler was doing group quests. Haven't tried Blue.

The ranking is negotiable. Not sure about what to list fifth. Some players can do amazing things with Blue Burglar (you get a stun! and you get a stun!) or Blue Loremaster. Haven't figured out how to solo hard targets with Guardian.

And then there's Blood of Loki (why or why did he delete his YouTube channel) who soloed 12-man raids on his Hunter. We are not worthy.
    Ngaemond 140 Cpt | Ngeowyn 140 Wrd | Ngali 140 Ch | Ngorbadoc 140 Hnt | Ngollwydha Brg 140 | Ngureth 140 Lm | Ngoin 140 Min | | Ngori 140 Rk | Ngeorn 140 Beor | Ngurin 140 Grd | Ngalin 140 Br
    Arkenstone (formerly Windfola)

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...

Pshhh Only One Class That You Want To Play

Yellow Line Rune Keeper., All Others Are Garbage

I know this is about Classes. Is there any Race that is better than others depending on Class.

Quote Originally Posted by hagermanj View Post
    I know this is about Classes. Is there any Race that is better than others depending on Class.
    Elves get % Damage Bonus on Bows. That is mainly a huge Bonus if you play a Hunter, as Damage is the only Job you have (beside Porting).
    Humans get an Incoming Healing % Bonus that is very nice, as it overcaps all other Races.
    This are the Strongest Bonis.

Else get every Race a kind of % Damage bonus on Melee Weapons.
    I like the Out of Combat Movementbonus you get as Highelf - but this is only nice, but i like it much.
    Highelves get a Lighttype Damagebonus (nice for Warden, Damage Minis and a bit for Captains)
    Lesser Evil Dwarves gets also bonus on Dagger (Burgler) and Firetype Damage (RK).

For Loremaster i will mention the Highelf bonus on Damage for the Fellowship.
    In common you have long inductions on the Loremaster skills, but if you have everyhing up, your Class has the Option to use the Fellowship Damageincreasement in Fellowship Situations, because you could take the time to cast it.
    Else i had the felling, that the time to activate is too long to us it. (have Warden, Mini, Captain, LM as Highelf)
    But in Raids, you are in Common in the non Damagegroup so it is still a Bonus, but the Damagecarriers are seldom affected by it (or only few).
    But a Buff is a Buff and that is your Main Job.

Solo what?
    Hard content= beo >guardian >rest
    Fast content- champ/hunt >red guardian=warden>rest
    Skip content - burg >warden (with tracerie) >rest

Now with delving release beo shine even more.

Btw laughted at blue captain mention.
    Before you kill smth, next expansion will be out / and old.
    If we speak of leveling, then all classes are viable.
    I even one shot things with my captain ...

When I think "best solo class" I think "best class to solo 6-person instances with". With that criteria, I'd say:

Yellow Beorning
    Blue Warden
    Blue/Yellow captain

Blue hunter, if you must.

If by "best solo class" you mean "fastest class to burn through landscape", then:
    Any dps class in any dps trait tree.
    Hunter gets extra points for range, fast running, and ports.
    RK also has big dps and range
    Champ also has big dps and big aoe.

Nimenthe, I agree with you on everything except RK, Idk why, but the German Heckler & Koch do not inspire confidence in me. I remember always my first day at the shooting school and what my tutor was teaching me about RK. So my studies can't enable me to have another opinion since I trust my teachers' views.
    Last edited by MariaFinkel; Jan 24 2023 at 11:18 AM.

Did you also take solo lessons at a shooting school in New York? I thought such an educational institution was only about firearms, but I was taught the essence and art of shooting here. I had to write a memorable day in my life essay, and I wrote in it about my first experience here. I pay attention to that on https://phdessay.com/a-memorable-day-in-my-life-essay/ I found experts who helped me realize the paper. I told them the details, and the professionals made a personal approach. Therefore, solo lessons are one the greatest I have tried in my student life. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to learn at a shooting school that also provided the usual materials.
    Last edited by OraBaker; Jan 24 2023 at 11:28 AM.