We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

Faster Farming (picking of crops)

I discovered something today that sped up my farming a little and made it quite a bit less tedious. This might not be new, I certainly did not read every single thread in this forum to check. However, it was new to me after nearly 8 months of playing and it made picking the crops faster and easier.

So until today I would plant 15 crop patches at a time and then use my keybind for "select nearest item" followed by my keybind for "use selected item" and then when the lootbox with the crops and stuff would appear I'd hit my keyboard's return key to get all that stuff dumped into my bags. And then repeat, 14 more times. It didn't take that long but I had to sit there and pay attention for 15 "picks" in a row.

Today I decided to try something a little different: I changed my "select nearest item" keybind to "select next item" and went into my OPTIONS->UI SETTINGS panel and checked the box to "always loot all". I then planted the 15 crop patches and just hit my pair of keybinds ("select nearest item" first followed by "use selected item") as quickly as I could 15 times in a row. Now I could just sit there – or walk away – and my toon gathered all 15 patches and all the products were deposited in my bags. Wow, so much easier!

When farming is done, I go back to the OPTIONS->UI SETTINGS panel and un-check the "always loot all" box. It could be left checked, but I prefer to not loot everything automatically while I'm questing through landscape content.
    edit: Because having "always loot all" checked puts all loot straight into your inventory, you don't get to use the extra space of the "pending loot" storage.

Why 15 patches at a time? Because I know I can gather that many before any of them despawn and go to waste. Maybe I can do more, I'll test that some other time. If you know how many can be done at one time, please share so I can avoid the experimentation time.

Just thought I'd share with my fellow farmers, hope this helps someone else.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Apr 18 2021 at 10:46 AM.