We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack

A few suggestions for Yellow Hunter

I've been testing out the yellow hunter more and while I agree with the consensus that this class/trait combo is not viable in any situation (even PvMP), I think there are a few small changes that could help improve it a lot. Here are some suggestions:

1) Lingering Wound damage is way too low, it's the flagship skill for this traitline and it's completely worthless. I would suggest that with capped mastery it should tier up from 1-4 as follows: 75k per tick, 100k per tick, 125k per tick, 150k per tick.

2) Trap damage is way too low, piercing trap should be upped by a factor of 3 and the one trap should be upped by a factor of 4.

3) Cooldowns on Rain of Thorns and Distracting Shot should both be reduced by about 50%, this would give hunters a real mez every 1 minute and an AoE root every 30 seconds which would bring it closer to actually performing CC functions as described in the trait line panel.

4) Explosive Arrow should either do a lot more damage, or it should stun all nearby enemies. This would give it a real function, it's useless as is today.

5) When you drop a trap, it should not un-target your target. This is very annoying, and makes it really hard to deploy traps while fighting.

6) Increase the triple trap damage buff duration from 10s to 20s, and double the penetrating shot mitigation debuff to 8% when in yellow line.

I think these are quick and small changes that will make yellow line more competitive, actually serve as a CC/debuff/moderate damage line, and will still keep red line as top DPS by far.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    5) When you drop a trap, it should not un-target your target. This is very annoying, and makes it really hard to deploy traps while fighting.
    Isnt it general issue with all classes having something ground targeted? RK stones, captain banners - i think all of that works same way. Still annoying indeed.