We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Larger SIzes Of Carry-alls

I suggest they add a few more sizes of carry-alls that hold more in them than the large ones.
    (all sizes listed and amounts are only for show and are in no way a set amount for the sizes I would like added)
    Huge carry-all 75 slots with a stack size of 7500
    Humongous carry-all slots 100 slots with a stack size of 10,000
    Ginormous carry-all slots 150 slots with a stack size of 15,000
    Super Ginormous carry-all slots 200 slots with a stack size of 20,000
    Legendary carry-all slots 250 slots with a stack size of 25,000
    Ultimate carry-all slots 500 slots with a stack size of 50,000

(Again all sizes listed and amounts are only for show and are in no way a set amount for the sizes I would like added I just want more sizes so that we all that use them can lower the amount of them we need by having larger sizes)

and because of the fact that this kind of is related, I would like a better management system for the carry-alls because I would very much like to be able to tab through all my carry-alls instead of guessing which one I have selected and hope I don't click the wrong one and I would also like to be able to rename each tab so that I can tab to the exact carry-all that I need by knowing its name.
    Last edited by ZepherZaner; Jun 19 2021 at 04:42 PM.

That's getting a bit crazy. If you manage to accumulate that much crafting material, maybe it's time to sell some of it on the AH.

It would be better if they let us rename them or put some sort of tooltip on them so we can tell them apart in our vaults. Then we can have many in our vaults and be better able to find things. And maybe let vault search find stuff inside carry-alls. It doesn't seem to do that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZaner View Post
    I suggest they add a few more sizes of carry-alls that hold more in them than the large ones.
    (all sizes listed and amounts are only for show and are in no way a set amount for the sizes I would like added)
    Huge carry-all 75 slots with a stack size of 7500
    Humongous carry-all slots 100 slots with a stack size of 10,000
    Ginormous carry-all slots 150 slots with a stack size of 15,000
    Super Ginormous carry-all slots 200 slots with a stack size of 20,000
    Legendary carry-all slots 250 slots with a stack size of 25,000
    Ultimate carry-all slots 500 slots with a stack size of 50,000

(Again all sizes listed and amounts are only for show and are in no way a set amount for the sizes I would like added I just want more sizes so that we all that use them can lower the amount of them we need by having larger sizes)

and because of the fact that this kind of is related, I would like a better management system for the carry-alls because I would very much like to be able to tab through all my carry-alls instead of guessing which one I have selected and hope I don't click the wrong one and I would also like to be able to rename each tab so that I can tab to the exact carry-all that I need by knowing its name.
    I don't think we need higher stack sizes but more slots. For all I care they can half the stacks to double the slots. It's especially crazy on the housing carry all where you don't have hundreds of the same item but a lot more different items. I completely agree with a solution to easier find which one has what.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I don't think we need higher stack sizes but more slots. For all I care they can half the stacks to double the slots. It's especially crazy on the housing carry all where you don't have hundreds of the same item but a lot more different items. I completely agree with a solution to easier find which one has what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jargonaut View Post
    That's getting a bit crazy. If you manage to accumulate that much crafting material, maybe it's time to sell some of it on the AH.

It would be better if they let us rename them or put some sort of tooltip on them so we can tell them apart in our vaults. Then we can have many in our vaults and be better able to find things. And maybe let vault search find stuff inside carry-alls. It doesn't seem to do that right now.
    I disagree with both of you as a farmer I find that even having 10,000 of a crop ingredient is not enough for me which I have via two carry-alls and this is because I buy over 20000 crop ingredients of each type so I can not have to buy crop ingredients for a long time. I even sometimes purchase up to 50000 or more of my crop ingredients to avoid the supplier (which I would not have to go to if they allowed you to buy those things with your vip perks shop so basically I am asking for more space because they are too lazy to make the vip perks permanent and sell stuff on the vender offered)

I disagree with both of you as a farmer I find that even having 10,000 of a crop ingredient is not enough for me which I have via two carry-alls and this is because I buy over 20000 crop ingredients of each type so I can not have to buy crop ingredients for a long time. I even sometimes purchase up to 50000 or more of my crop ingredients to avoid the supplier (which I would not have to go to if they allowed you to buy those things with your vip perks shop so basically I am asking for more space because they are too lazy to make the vip perks permanent and sell stuff on the vender offered)
    Sorry WHAT? I genuinely can't comprehend why you'd need those numbers, each to their own of course but I'm so stunned, I am going to be rude and ask what do you do with that amount of what I think of as rubbish (I have a fully levelled and guilded cook, they've made the stacks of food my alts need but cope quite well with 1 stack of crops)

I also agree with the other poster, I can see the need for carry alls with more slots but the number of each items per slot is fine
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

I actually agree with the OP for once. The 5k stack cap is the reason why I am not spending money on carry-alls.
    The reason why is simply because I have far more than 5k of each ore, wood, hides, etc.

We hoarders do not simply sell our stuff on the AH.
    And I would assume anyone who stores over 5k farming stuff plans to mass produce food to sell and/or use.
    Yes, selling food to other people is still a thing despite all the dale-man crams out there or whatever.

Give me a carry-all that hoards stacks up to 50k and I'll be satisfied. Or even 100k.

I don't agree to the larger size, but I think all carry-alls should be avaiable in the shop
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

I still want Lotro to steal ESO's VIP sub bottomless crafting bag...

We don't need crazy stack sizes like this. It encourages AKA farming for one, and it's heavy on the servers too, to store those kind of numbers.

That said, slighty larger bags would be nice, with more slots and slightly larger stack sizes.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

You do realise that putting a piece of farming land and a portable vendor at your house, is a much cheaper alternative to buying up all those crafting bags right? You even have the VIP perk vendor in the neighbourhood.

To be honest, this all is a bad fix to a self-created problem by SSG. What is next? A carry-all-carry-all with 50 slots for carry-alls so you only have to pass one item around to alts?

SWTOR has recently implemented a way cleaner solution, the crafting material storage. An account-wide bag for all crafting materials, limitless stack size, easy transfer into the bag, accessible everywhere, searchable, integrated with gathering and crafting professions, allows taking out crafting mats for sale or trade. Free to all players, even F2P, but that is not the issue.

So why those insane carry-alls? We have a premium wallet. Introduce the premium crafting storage. I will happily dump a reasonably large sum of $$$ on it. Inventories will stay clean and the stupid complexity of carry-all names, icons, their location in some alt's inventory all goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Would agree.
    In my opinion it will be better with crafting-all being like the wallet (account server wide) and to not be too good as ESO, from what I understand of it (it will be a sacrilege for SSG I suppose), you buy more slots like banks and wardrobe (and please double, triple, quadruple the slots of wardrobe or at minimal dyeing IN the wardrobe).

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I think that crafting has different issues to other items - especially house decorations. I have maxed crafters in all the professions and for me two large bags on each of them addresses 95% of my problems. I find small and medium bags just a waste of time. But when it comes to house decorations the current type of bags don't really help that much. In decorations you rarely have more that 2-3 of things, but you could easily need 100-150 slots for each season/event. If we started to get bags with 250 slots then we would probably need to have sub bags to organize things.

In the crafting world I would love to be able to keep a stack of all the stuff I need for all the levels. Not to make money (you really only make money on the top tier) but for the rest its nice to be able to make stuff for people just starting out and give it to them.
    May the winds of fortune sail you,
    May you sail a gentle sea.
    May it always be the other guy
    Who says, "this drink's on me."

I just want task item bags in the Store.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    wait for black Friday that is when I hear they will be putting all carry-alls on the lotro store. the person that told me might be guessing based off last year so I don't know if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    You do realise that putting a piece of farming land and a portable vendor at your house, is a much cheaper alternative to buying up all those crafting bags right? You even have the VIP perk vendor in the neighbourhood.
    your not understanding me I said avoiding I did not say I did not have those things which I do have a supplier horn I just don't like having to resummon a npc which should be like unto the visiting banker or barber where the npc is standing there permanently summoning it is annoying so to avoid that because I am vip I buy as much ingredients as I can and farm for hours on end because I don't like to stop what I am doing to get more stuff or sell stuff because my bags are too full I do some days process 50000 crops
    Last edited by ZepherZaner; Jun 28 2021 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    /signed

I want all large carry-alls in the store

Large carry-alls are in the store. It's that they are only the general carry-alls.

As per the Wiki:

"As of the fall of 2020, the Crafting Carry-alls are generally in the LOTRO store full time. The other Carry-alls are sometimes available during special sales, such as bundled with LOTRO Point sales, with expansions, or in the LOTRO store for a limited time.

List of carry-alls:

Large Crafting Carry-all
    Large Essence Carry-all
    Large Housing Decoration Carry-all
    Large Instrument Carry-all
    Large Task Item Carry-all
    Medium Carry-all Selection Box
    Medium Crafting Carry-all
    Medium Essence Carry-all
    Medium Housing Decoration Carry-all
    Medium Instrument Carry-all
    Medium Task Item Carry-all
    Small Crafting Carry-all
    Small Task Item Carry-all"

The issue that I can surmise is that there may be "conflict" between marketing and technical about carry-alls.

carry-alls seem to be popular, but I have not seen any promotions of them even when bundled with LP sales or expansions.
    Last edited by Ainworth; Jun 28 2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainworth View Post
    Large carry-alls are in the store. It's that they are only the general carry-alls.

As per the Wiki:

"As of the fall of 2020, the Crafting Carry-alls are generally in the LOTRO store full time. The other Carry-alls are sometimes available during special sales, such as bundled with LOTRO Point sales, with expansions, or in the LOTRO store for a limited time.

List of carry-alls:

Large Crafting Carry-all
    Large Essence Carry-all
    Large Housing Decoration Carry-all
    Large Instrument Carry-all
    Large Task Item Carry-all
    Medium Carry-all Selection Box
    Medium Crafting Carry-all
    Medium Essence Carry-all
    Medium Housing Decoration Carry-all
    Medium Instrument Carry-all
    Medium Task Item Carry-all
    Small Crafting Carry-all
    Small Task Item Carry-all"

The issue that I can surmise is that there may be a "conflict" between marketing and technical about carry-alls.

carry-alls seem to be popular, but I have not seen any promotions of them even when bundled with LP sales or expansions.
    wow, you are not paying attention then because for Black Friday the year before last year they included task item carry-alls as a bundled sale for LotRO points and the last two expansions had carry-all selection boxes and last year's Black Friday sale let you purchase the ones you wanted.
    and they seem to promote their expansions quite well as well as their sales of LP.
    and beyond that what you just said has nothing to do with the original topic which is larger sizes not large size and lists some sizes that would be nice.
    Last edited by ZepherZaner; Jun 28 2021 at 01:38 PM.

your not understanding me I said avoiding I did not say I did not have those things which I do have a supplier horn I just don't like having to resummon a npc which should be like unto the visiting banker or barber where the npc is standing there permanently summoning it is annoying so to avoid that because I am vip I buy as much ingredients as I can and farm for hours on end because I don't like to stop what I am doing to get more stuff or sell stuff because my bags are too full I do some days process 50000 crops
    You don't want to visit your VIP perk NPC every two days. You don't want to click on a horn when you need to buy some supplies or sell items. You don't want to have to harvest crops. You basically just want to stand still, in one place, for "hours on end" and put little or no effort into levelling up. When you finally reach cap, you'll have an extremely weak character.

How on earth did you ever manage before crafting carry-alls, unbreakable tools and VIP perks?

At this point I simply have to ask, do you ever actually play the game outside of farming? Nothing wrong with that if you don't of course, but please do not keep trying to water down crafting for everyone else. Some of us like the world to feel a bit more real than you want it to be.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 29 2021 at 03:44 AM.

You don't want to visit your VIP perk NPC every two days. You don't want to click on a horn when you need to buy some supplies or sell items. You don't want to have to harvest crops. You basically just want to stand still, in one place, for "hours on end" and put little or no effort into levelling up. When you finally reach cap, you'll have an extremely weak character.

How on earth did you ever manage before crafting carry-alls, unbreakable tools and VIP perks?

At this point I simply have to ask, do you ever actually play the game outside of farming? Nothing wrong with that if you don't of course, but please do not keep trying to water down crafting for everyone else. Some of us like the world to feel a bit more real than you want it to be.
    To be fair if the VIP perk NPC is a good quality of life (if you want it), doing it every two days is a very bad idea in my opinion. Just make it skills to activate like stances and all.
    I don't play a lot so I can disconnect in the wild and come back with the buff expired and it's not fun to go see the NPC and then return to what I was doing, in fact I rarely do it and prefer finishing my quests or deeds and too bad for the repair cost or the town services.

But more importantly if you want to add QOL on the game, just do it really and not half way. In that sense I prefer no QOL than what we can have for VIP perk NPC and even Carry-Alls which, for me, have a lot of flaws (without changing all, just add a renaming...). Even if obvisouly I will still use what we have cause it's here and that's more than nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Good idea that would benefit crafters and SSG. Would like to hear there thoughts. Would it be a server issue? Can be a perk for VIP accounts.

the whole year are always the same bags in the shop... why?
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

I do I just want my crafting alts better equipped and to have to take several crafting alts to the vip perk person is annoying also idiots like standing on the NPCs perventing me from selecting the npc with any method other then f10 which is also annoying that is why I even have a supplier summoning horn I want to avoid idiots that make my life miserable is that really to much to ask for?

and to how I dealt with not having unbreakable tools and the barely worth it to get each day vip perks I did as most players did by filling up my shared storage and housing storage and personal storage as full as I could along with my bags and purchased the strongest tools available to me and repaired my tools extremely offen at the nearest vendor that was not blocked by an idiot.

Consumables carry-all and Stacking increases

Hallo.

I'd really like to see a robust consumable carry-all - for all of one's pots, oils, foods, beverages, scrolls, dyes, etc. At least 50 slots.

Maybe a carryall that has LI-related items in it, like the scrolls, crystals, crafting items, etc.

I'd also like to see a pet carryall for those who collect housing and pets for selling, since not everyone actually wants a collection of their own pets.

It would also be good to have a reputation items carryall 50+ slots for reputation, barter items, and class-specific items. One keeps a lot of rep items for multiple toons to use.

ALSO, it really is time to review and update the stacking quantities of loot and such. Some things stack nicely to 100, but it would be nice to see them (like food and pots) stack to 500. Farming and various crafting resources like ore and wood do, so should the food, pots, etc.
    - For instance, make multiples of an object stackable, like those crafting components boxes, pets, furnishings, etc.
    - The smaller value reputation items that stack to 100, like several of the moria rep items, the barrow-treasures, etc. should go up to 500, please.

ALSO, it would be great to make it possible for the same items to stack, regardless of whether they come from the store, are a hobbit gift, are crafted, etc. It is really annoying to have 3 stacks of something like the running speed tones or the slayer deed XP tomes, because some are from the LOTRO store, some are just bound to account out of a box, and some don't seem to be bound at all. At least put all bound ones together and the unbound ones together, instead of having 2 versions of bound ones.

ALSO, it would be great to put a few more things into the wallet, like those many many reputation relics that you cannot trade or sell from mordor, minas morgul, and gundablad. Instead of having to keep stacks in your bags, put them account-wide into your wallet. You can't sell them, so there is no need to have them in your bags.

AND, clean up the wallet. Having so many kinds of tokens and forms of currency is just plain crazy and useless to many of us. I get stuff in there I will never, ever use because it doesn't add up to anything useful. Remember, a lot of your players are used to one or two kinds of currency in real life, and having 25+ kinds in a game isn't cool or easy to deal with anymore. aFor instance, maybe make all those phials of extracts tradeable for 1 type that can be used for all things those are supposed to buy. Make all various tokens/medallions belonging to many factions of a specific race just be tradeable to one token type per race - 1 for dwarves, 1 for elves, one for men, and 1 for hobbits, so you can just consolidate.