We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question What's the Best/Most Active RP Server?

Mae govannen! I am based in the U.S. So much time and change has passed with this game. Although the forum info might suggest otherwise, I have been playing The LotRO since 2007-present. My question is this, delightful people:

What is the best or most active RP server in your opinion? I am looking for a change. I have just returned to The LotRO after such a long break. I was a part of Landroval for a while but then it seemed to have died down (or so it felt at the time). I am curious if there is a server that most RP-interested people go to nowadays? Is it still Landroval or is it Laurelin after all these years? Or is it both now? I am just curious where the wind has blown so to speak. Thank you for the help and suggestions, by the way. I appreciate it.

~
    Edorenel Harthriel of Imladris (HNT) ~
    [2007-2009 Elendilmir | 2009-Present Landroval (main server) | 2020-Present Laurelin]

I do belive that is Laurelin. We have many players who have migrated from Landroval, telling us it is desolated there, compared to Laurelin.
    But that is only hearsay from others. But Laurelin is very active.

Quote Originally Posted by Edorenel_Lagorestel View Post
    Mae govannen! I am based in the U.S. So much time and change has passed with this game. Although the forum info might suggest otherwise, I have been playing The LotRO since 2007-present. My question is this, delightful people:

What is the best or most active RP server in your opinion? I am looking for a change. I have just returned to The LotRO after such a long break. I was a part of Landroval for a while but then it seemed to have died down (or so it felt at the time). I am curious if there is a server that most RP-interested people go to nowadays? Is it still Landroval or is it Laurelin after all these years? Or is it both now? I am just curious where the wind has blown so to speak. Thank you for the help and suggestions, by the way. I appreciate it.
    Both Laurelin and Landroval have RP communities. In the past as you are probably aware the EU Laurelin Server had special RP rules enforced by the GMs to support in game RP. The server had GMs who would engage in RP and help assist with stories if you were lucky. Sadly that all vanished when the EU servers were moved to the US and Codemaster were not involved anymore.

So nowadays Laurelin and Landroval I feel are much alike.

I would suggest you try both again and see what people you bump into.

I am on Landroval where I RP. What I would say is that there are communities with lots of RP going on but random RP is fairly rare. That said, my RP partner and I will RP in public places. If you decide on Landroval, you should look for those RP communities to get involved with.

Thumbs up RE: Duncadda

Quote Originally Posted by Duncadda View Post
    I do belive that is Laurelin. We have many players who have migrated from Landroval, telling us it is desolated there, compared to Laurelin.
    But that is only hearsay from others. But Laurelin is very active.
    Indeed, yes. That was, actually, how I was first introduced to Laurelin. Many people of Landroval and elsewhere were constantly telling me about how desolate Landroval became. I also felt it was so during the many times I returned to it after long breaks. I shall continue testing out bith Landroval and Laurelin to find my RP home, although I have been wandering as of late Arkenstone due to an old friend Dioraneil. I might just have an Edo in all 3 servers! Lol!
    Last edited by Edorenel_Lagorestel; Sep 01 2021 at 09:20 AM.

~
    [2007-2009 Elendilmir | 2009-Present Landroval (main server) | 2020-Present Laurelin]

Thumbs up RE: Alcor

Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    I am on Landroval where I RP. What I would say is that there are communities with lots of RP going on but random RP is fairly rare. That said, my RP partner and I will RP in public places. If you decide on Landroval, you should look for those RP communities to get involved with.
    Nice to see a fellow RPer and Landroval-dweller. I shall continue testing out both Landroval and Laurelin to decide where I shalt make my RP home. I have been enjoying Arkenstone, although it is not as heavily RP intensive as Landroval and Laurelin.
    Last edited by Edorenel_Lagorestel; Sep 01 2021 at 09:19 AM.

~

Thumbs up RE: Khalis_Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    Both Laurelin and Landroval have RP communities. In the past as you are probably aware the EU Laurelin Server had special RP rules enforced by the GMs to support in game RP. The server had GMs who would engage in RP and help assist with stories if you were lucky. Sadly that all vanished when the EU servers were moved to the US and Codemaster were not involved anymore.

So nowadays Laurelin and Landroval I feel are much alike.

I would suggest you try both again and see what people you bump into.
    Agreed. And thank you for the advice nd thoughts--all of you. I greaty appreciate it! I shall continue running around in Landroval and Laurelin to find my RP home. I am even considering, as I mentioned here to another person, keeping an Edo on all three servers. Lol! But I shall see. One thing is certain: I keep returning to this game because of nostalgia and memories and my love of Middle-Earth. No matter the duration of my breaks. They must be doing something right. Lol!

~

I just read the origin question and asking me, if there are poeple playing intense RP on every RP-Server...
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

RE: Arantha

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post
    I just read the origin question and asking me, if there are people playing intense RP on every RP-Server...
    Oh, yes! There's definitely RP on RP servers. I agree. But I'm only looking for RP servers that stay fairly active in RP. I've been in ones that would fall inactive. Thank you for your input! I appreciate it.

~

Oh, yes! There's definitely RP on RP servers. I agree. But I'm only looking for RP servers that stay fairly active in RP. I've been in ones that would fall inactive. Thank you for your input! I appreciate it.
    Sorry for the missunderstanding. My question was not an ironic one.
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

RE: Arantha

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post
    Sorry for the missunderstanding. My question was not an ironic one.
    Ohh, I see! I think I understand now. I'm sorry I originally misunderstood. >///< I tried my best to understand.

~

I always thought Laurelin had the better RP community. Not to say Landroval was terrible, but Laurelin always felt more welcoming.
    :: Rosewillow Noakes - Bilbo Baggins Fangirl - Landroval ::
    :: Rosequartz Tunnelly - Aspiring Talespinner - Landroval ::

Thumbs up RE: KitsuneGirl

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneGirl View Post
    I always thought Laurelin had the better RP community. Not to say Landroval was terrible, but Laurelin always felt more welcoming.
    Yeah, I would quite agree myself. I find Laurelin to be pleasant, fun, immersive. The community is welcoming, respectful, and kind (at least that I have interacted with and seen thus far over there whenever I'm on). They're truly knowledgeable about Tolkien lore, too, and some are excited whenever there's a discussion in World chat. I loved being a part of some of those random moments.

But yeah, I decided I shall linger on Laurelin (EU) and Landroval (U.S.) from now on. I moved all my characters (or made new ones) to reflect this change. This also works out well with my close friends, who are both in the EU and here in the U.S. I can hop between either big RP server and they won't feel like they lost me. xD Lol! They have characters in both servers as well.

~

I am glad you have found what you were looking for friends , fun and enjoyment of Middle Earth.

- Khalis