We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Key Drops Please!!!

Please please please make it possible for the mobs that randomly drop lootboxes to randomly drop keys as well. I don't mind occasionally buying keys from the LOTRO store but it would be nice to have those drop in-world too.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAWolf View Post
    Please please please make it possible for the mobs that randomly drop lootboxes to randomly drop keys as well. I don't mind occasionally buying keys from the LOTRO store but it would be nice to have those drop in-world too.
    All in game keys were removed when we were still in Mordor. Before that, we could drop sturdy steel keys off mobs and earn black steel keys in Mordor. The only in game keys available now are through anniversary presents year 3 (3) and 7 (1), and though a lucky roll on a hobbit gift.

They are never going to put them back into the game, especially, if players occasionally (or frequently) buy them.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

It would be really nice if they would consider making keys a random drop once more ...

How many lootboxes did you loot today, Wolfie? lol.

When I started playing there were already no keys, I'm surprised there were, but I don't really care about boxes, up till now I just deleted them, now I found out I can filter them to never appear in my loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Weilan View Post
    When I started playing there were already no keys, I'm surprised there were, but I don't really care about boxes, up till now I just deleted them, now I found out I can filter them to never appear in my loot.
    Yup, that's what a lot of players do.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Unfortunately this model has become standard in MMOs. Either keys drop in great number and you have to buy lootboxes or lootboxes drop in great numbers and you have to buy keys.

As long as players buy keys don't expect the developers to just give them away.

Exclamation

It was nice when it was that way a few years ago & it will be awesome if they return to that way, but i kind of doubt that it will happen.

I'd rather have the boxes being worth buying the keys to open in the first place, I have them filtered because there's rarely any point in unlocking them.