We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Class Availibility on new Legendary Server(s)

Hi, I'm looking to play on the upcoming Treebeard server. Does any one know if there will be any class or race restrictions - making them more in line with how the game was at release? Or are we gonna see Beornings and Runekeepers at launch?

Thanks in advance,
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you"

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    I would guess that they will work like Anor and Ithil. The game will be the same as it is on the old servers other than the xp bonus or penalty, the lower level-cap and the unavailability of higher level zones. With a few minor variations such as a few different items, some items being unavailable in the store, a few differences in early quests and the like.

Specifically I would be quite surprised not to see all races and all classes available. I would be almost as surprised not to see Gondor and Rohan premium houses available. For that matter I would be surprised not to see missions available.

All races and classes will be available.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Arlome View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to play on the upcoming Treebeard server. Does any one know if there will be any class or race restrictions - making them more in line with how the game was at release? Or are we gonna see Beornings and Runekeepers at launch?
    Until otherwise stated, Legendary Servers are identical to Standard Servers except for the stated ruleset.

For Anor/Ithil, the ruleset was an XP debuff and lower level cap (and corresponding limits on playable areas). For Shadowfax/Treebeard, the ruleset is XP buff/debuff and lower level cap. All other aspects of the game are the same: class and race availability, loot, traits, systems, store, instance join, etc.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    All races and classes will be available.
    That's all I was looking for. Thanks again!
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you"

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Until otherwise stated, Legendary Servers are identical to Standard Servers except for the stated ruleset.

For Anor/Ithil, the ruleset was an XP debuff and lower level cap (and corresponding limits on playable areas). For Shadowfax/Treebeard, the ruleset is XP buff/debuff and lower level cap. All other aspects of the game are the same: class and race availability, loot, traits, systems, store, instance join, etc.

Sorry but this wasn't quite true for either Anor or Ithil. New characters got at least two items that they didn't get on the old servers. A run speed boost and the device that destroys gear or cosmetic items to give you motes, embers or figments. Some of the starting quests were slightly different. Some titles and frames were different. Some things you could get in the store on the old servers you could not get on Anor and Ithil even after their then current levels would have permitted.

Beyond doubt the servers were very similar to the old servers other than the major ruleset variations but very similar is not "identical" and someone reading this might find the other differences relevant to them.

We also do not know if the two new servers will have these distinctions or perhaps other more important distinctions from the old servers. Although they will supposedly launch in not much more than one day SSG has been less than eager to advertise them or give details. Perhaps because they do not want the same level of interest that caused long delays to queue into the first legendary server and forced them to add an unplanned second one.