We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Issue 211 of the LOTRO Beacon is now available!

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll pick a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, June 23rd. Good luck!

NOTE: The LOTRO Beacon is taking a two week summer break. We'll see you on June 23rd! Sales and other items will continue to be posted in the forums and social media.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Who would you rather hang out with, Shadowfax or Treebeard, and why?

I'd hang out with Treebeard obviously. I don't know how to communicate with horses as I wasn't raised by Elves. I don't care if it takes Treebeard a morning to describe said morning (and I want to see him beat Saruman)!

I would rather be with Treebeard. Too much of my life is spent in a rush. He would be good in slowing things down so I can appreciate daily life. I like his viewpoint on many things and could learn a lot from horses. Shadowfax would be great in getting me to work all the time but unless I start speaking horse, I would be having conversations with myself, which probably wouldn't appear sane.

Shadowfax. Horse. Nuff said.
    My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate. ~Thornton Wilder

Definitely Treebeard. I'm sure he raps better than any horse.

With Treebeard . . . because in fact he might be slower, but has many epic stories, poems, jokes etc. in store — and he's extraordinary strong and tall so that you can always enjoy a wonderful distant view from his shoulders and so on.

Yeah, gonna go with Treebeard too. Even very special horses aren't very good conversationalists, unless they can talk...

Shadowfax for sure

I'd rather hangout with Shadowfax because I love animals, we could quickly travel the world together & I don't think I have the attention span to listen to Treebeard tell his stories super slowly unfortunately .

Treebeard, maybe he knows the answer to what the heck is up with Tom Bombadil!
    The Golden Dragon Inn is recruiting on Landroval! PM or Send in game mail to Dwarsin for more info!

Treebeard so we can talk about old times

I pick Treebeard; it's not every day that one is able to hold a conversation with a tree!

"Who would you rather hang out with, Shadowfax or Treebeard, and why?"

Treebeard, because.... wisdom!

Better with Shadowfax. He will always listen. He will always understand. He won't argue. It will not delay the conversation for the whole day.

Treebeard. He one of oldest person in Middle earth and must know many interesting.

It's a hard question! I love animals but I think I would choose Treebeard this time. Maybe I couldn't get an immediate answer but at least we would have loooooooong chats

Who would you rather hang out with, Shadowfax or Treebeard, and why?:

I played on Anor, i like the old Raid and Instances. So Treebeard would stay longer in the nicer Level Areas.
    As i played the Story in Anor i feel sorry, that we skip the Level 65 Area so fast, as we had BG and OD (that is badly Scaled) to play for a short time.
    I Love in addition the Tower of Orthanc and here we get a bit more time so enjoy the or one of the greatest Raid.

So the Level Cap Space is slower on Treebeard i would go to this Server.

ohhh there is a "with" and not an "on", but i think i will stay with Treebeard, as he has a lot to talk about. I hope i have enough patience to wait for his answers :-)

I'd rather chill with Treebeard. He's got stories and plenty of time to tell them. I wouldn't mind having access to those Ent draughts, either.

Neither. Horses and trees aren't allowed in pubs.

Wink Who would you rather hang out with, Shadowfax or Treebeard, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ... Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll pick a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, June 23rd. Good luck!

NOTE: The LOTRO Beacon is taking a two week summer break. We'll see you on June 23rd! Sales and other items will continue to be posted in the forums and social media.
    If the NPCs with Shadowfax because he can be really fast when needed but he can also stop & smell the roses when is worthy. On the other hand Treebeard will make me get late to all appointments; only way to make him be hasty is if you tell him you saw the entwives where you are going.

At first I was going to say Treebeard, because who wants to talk with a horse? Then I thought about *going fast*! So I say Shadowfax.

For sure Treebeard, because Shadowfax is too hasty!
    Since 2008

Shadowfax because Treebeard is too slow. Nothing against it in general, but not a good match for me.

Treebeard, as he reminds me of my first boss. Every word . . . was . . . measured . . . weighed . . . and calibrated . . . to be . . . the . . . exact . . . word . . . he . . . wanted . . . to use. Of course, he was an engineer...

On another topic, so the Beacon will be returning on June 23rd... perhaps Treebeard can assist with some editing, you hasty fellow!

Shadowfax would be fun for his lifespan, but if you're in it for a long-term friend then Treebeard is the way to go. Imagine all of the conversations you could have with him.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast