We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rate limiting of gold spammer report

On Arkenstone the gold spammers often come in pairs and after reporting the first one, the second one keeps going while I get the ironic message "Please wait a bit before doing that" when trying to report and ignore that one too.

Could the rate limit for gold spam reports be changed from say 1 per 10s to 3 per 30s or whatever it is set to? This would still be the same limit but allows you to burst report simultaneous spammers.

One guy dual boxing as a means to check if spam is being effected/blocked/filtered. As soon as they find an account impervious to reporting they will keep using that account, logging into multiple servers in a cycle and not need a second account as a check. If this happens go to your ignore list and manually add them to the list so you don't see the spam for the rest of the day/weekend or when GMs come on to take action.

The irony is that they are probably reporting the other spam to inform them when they've struck gold if the character select screen or account pages aren't already informing them of such. The latter, too much like admin for this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post
    On Arkenstone the gold spammers often come in pairs and after reporting the first one, the second one keeps going while I get the ironic message "Please wait a bit before doing that" when trying to report and ignore that one too.

Could the rate limit for gold spam reports be changed from say 1 per 10s to 3 per 30s or whatever it is set to? This would still be the same limit but allows you to burst report simultaneous spammers.
    It is indeed an ironic mechanic that I agree should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonde View Post
    It is indeed an ironic mechanic that I agree should be changed.
    My Bad. What was I thinking? You can't block these particular accounts at all!

For some reason even the names we have given SSG to check on hasn't derived much in the way of accurate feedback on what distinguishes them from our kind of accounts. Like Bad News is No News. None of them care enough to risk their job and post what is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    My Bad. What was I thinking? You can't block these particular accounts at all!

For some reason even the names we have given SSG to check on hasn't derived much in the way of accurate feedback on what distinguishes them from our kind of accounts. Like Bad News is No News. None of them care enough to risk their job and post what is really happening.
    Braer you post a lot but plenty of times I read it several times to understand it and then other times it makes no sense. But overall very negative towards the game & its team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    Braer you post a lot but plenty of times I read it several times to understand it and then other times it makes no sense. But overall very negative towards the game & its team.
    It's not the whole team, just those who continue to let the players, the game and their colleagues down. I can't help it if you are easily mislead or English is a second language or lack some technical background, or aren't able to get my humour. I only wish the SSG staff had anywhere near my Lotro and MMO playing experience and could make better and more transparent choices for their customers and health of the game going forward. My sources for information are not restricted to just what's allowed to be discussed on these forums however.

But ask yourself why SSG don't argue a contrary position if I'm in anyway not correct? They jump on suggestions that infer EG7 bought Turbine when it was Daybreak they took over. And why do you think they hid the Daybreak ownership since Turbine/WB days. Because of protecting a private investor as Cord mentioned or that many gamers have sworn against ever playing another Daybreak game again - as quoted on a recent official stream. Too many are so addicted to the game they really would rather not know though. Even the Daybreak corporate lawyer being the signatory for creating SSG was a topic here that many here didn't want to hear about. The rose tinted glasses all but obscuring all vision for some. They'd rather customers keep their eyewear intact, desperately so, it would seem.

I'd like them to trust their customers and be transparent but it's too much of a risk. So they keep pushing Cord into the firing line to take the flack and mostly hide and avoid responsibility for mistakes, at least to the customers, who knows if there's any internally, nothing changes. Or maybe with the new producer...