We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Floating Names Toggle Keeps Resetting

I'm having an issue with floating names randomly turning off upon character loading and I have to keep going back into Options and rechecking it in the UI Settings. Is this a known issue that others have been experiencing? It's more a pita than a problem, but it only started happening recently.
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

Have you tried clicking the default hotkey N to toggle it on and off that way?
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    As far as I know, that only toggles my character name (which is always off when I log in), not NPC or item names. I'll pay closer attention next time I do it, maybe something was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    You're right! I don't recall it doing that but I've been away for about a year. I'm still not sure they work in sync, though, since I have to click N twice every time I log in a toon to get his name to show, which theoretically would turn off the rest of the names on the second click. More research needed.

There has been a problem with floating names ever since Vales of Anduin was released. I don't know what sort of technical tweaking they were doing back then. Perhaps they were having stability issues with the new servers or it could be some conflict when releasing the 64-bit client. I just know that the range floating names appear has been shortened and it seems those names tend to "break" whenever there is some graphical strain from combat. I've noticed this more when I'm in a raid with people. The only workaround is to reset floating names with the shortcut.

Glad it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I've noticed this more when I'm in a raid with people. The only workaround is to reset floating names with the shortcut.
    Same here
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian