We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Festival Thrang T2 Strategy

Was wondering if someone could walk me through how this fight works, as it is different than when you do it in The Rift. Thanks!
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 140~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: The Cliff Divers
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Gwinthilnel View Post
    Was wondering if someone could walk me through how this fight works, as it is different than when you do it in The Rift. Thanks!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/comme...n_case_anyone/

Basically it is like this:

- Walk to and up stairs without popping the fumerole
    - Tank picks up defiler (+ extra adds) on bottom stair -> interrupt his attack, kill him and optional the other adds.
    - When Defiler is dead Thrang jumps down the platform he is on.
    - Ranged stay on Stair, Melee needs to be careful not to step to close near fumeroles. (Stun & AOE dmg, can kill peeps)
    - Tank pick him up, interupt his induction (AOE Fire damage), move him to nearest fumerole.
    - Fumerole explodes AOE fire damage and will remove Damage reduction buff on Thrang when he is in Area of Effect.
    - Full DPS Thrang until buff is back and repeat the removal strategy on a new fumerole. (You can still DPS with buff but takes longer)
    - Meanwhile adds will spawn, have tank pick them up or bring them to tank.. they will despawn once Thrang is dead.

Recommend group is:
    - 1x tank
    - 1x healer
    - 2x ranged DPS
    - 1x mDPS Champ (AOE on adds while on boss)
    - 1x Optional

note for Optional class:
    - LoreMaster (antistun on tank with fumerole, but if tank plays it well he positions himself outside Area of Effect)
    - if Tank is not a yellow Captain, go for a Red Captain to boost DPS
    - It is doable in a lot of different combinations, ranged dps makes it easier though

This in a nutshell.
    Phlar
    Kinship: The Reddhirrim

Class: Captain (main)/ Burglar / Guardian / Hunter
    Server: [EU] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Phlar_EU View Post
    Basically it is like this:

- Walk to and up stairs without popping the fumerole
    - Tank picks up defiler (+ extra adds) on bottom stair -> interrupt his attack, kill him and optional the other adds.
    - When Defiler is dead Thrang jumps down the platform he is on.
    - Ranged stay on Stair, Melee needs to be careful not to step to close near fumeroles. (Stun & AOE dmg, can kill peeps)
    - Tank pick him up, interupt his induction (AOE Fire damage), move him to nearest fumerole.
    - Fumerole explodes AOE fire damage and will remove Damage reduction buff on Thrang when he is in Area of Effect.
    - Full DPS Thrang until buff is back and repeat the removal strategy on a new fumerole. (You can still DPS with buff but takes longer)
    - Meanwhile adds will spawn, have tank pick them up or bring them to tank.. they will despawn once Thrang is dead.

Recommend group is:
    - 1x tank
    - 1x healer
    - 2x ranged DPS
    - 1x mDPS Champ (AOE on adds while on boss)
    - 1x Optional

note for Optional class:
    - LoreMaster (antistun on tank with fumerole, but if tank plays it well he positions himself outside Area of Effect)
    - if Tank is not a yellow Captain, go for a Red Captain to boost DPS
    - It is doable in a lot of different combinations, ranged dps makes it easier though

This in a nutshell.
    Good timing on the writeup, anyone else have tips and thoughts?
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I'd say from the healer's perspective, understand that there will be AOE and potential burst damage so don't use your cooldowns super early. Also stay well away from the fumeroles because they can oneshot even a Beorning healer. Keep tank topped up ans prepare for the burst damage that occurs from thrang+fumerole.
    Defiler can be nasty too. The tank should be protecting you though. Standing by the ranged at stairs is a good idea.
    Also jump over the lava cracks, I know this sounds super basic but I've seen people outright walk over three at a time, they do significant damage and the healer might not have time to keep you up if you're hurting yourself by a simple obstacle.
    Thrang is usually a quick fight but it can be tricky. Be advised that unlike other 'dated' content you will actually have to work as a healer.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

The Scrapper (big melee orc) puts a stacking debuff on the target he attacks. It negates mitigation against fire damage, so basically multiplies fire damage taken. Fumaroles and Thrang deal fire damage, so this can lead to sudden one shots. So better watch your debuffs.

A LM or burg can mezz the Scrapper. As long as one is alive, there won't respawn another.

Found this thread from lvl 120 times. Information and tactics still apply.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-Thrang-(120)

For Tanks:

1) Make certain you have Induction Bars and Floaty Names turned on. You want to be able to see a fumerole induction clearly so you know when to try and move out of its explosion range when it's about to pop on Thrang. (Not necessary if good gear/healer but every little bit helps)

2) Fumeroles can be bugged out by Dazes/Stuns/whatever. This means that when you go near they do not start to induct. To "fix" them just have the tank throw a force taunt on it and be near it to trigger it. These often get bugged by RK lightning stones, RK aoe stun, captain aoe stun, LM Bane Flare, etc..etc.. so just remember to be careful and have the tank be aware of how to fix them.

3) Guardians should trait Smashing Stab so they can CJ the defiler when it's doing its grey induction bar (not able to be interrupted normally... CJ/knockdown only) otherwise that nasty poisons gets applied to everyone. When you remove that poison you get a serious (-40% if I remember?) tactical mitigation debuff. That along with the stacking Scrapper mit debuffs can make a tank very vulnerable. If you get this debuff at the start of the fight, it's probably a good idea to pop Warrior's Heart for the first fumerole pop.

4) Make CERTAIN to get some threat on Thrang at the very start of the fight. I don't mean just force taunting, do some shield skills and Shield Taunt at least on him. That way he is not nuking the healer immediately. Try to practice doing a ranged force taunt after the defiler and scrapper have come down the stairs. You should have gotten enough heals on you for some decent threat copy.

5) Smashing Stab and Burg CJ openers are great to do on Thrang when his buff is nearing the end of the 20 seconds of removal. If you CJ him at like 18 seconds, you get some extended downtime of his damage reduction debuff so lots more damage on him.

^^^

I soon gave up bothering to do Thrang that first year when a Guard with woeful gear joined our pug and said "First time for me, anything I need to know?" Combined with chat limits at the time instructions were hard enough, I couldn't even used aliased commands for the "shield" buff going up or down.

A fun set of mechanics for a guard to master back in 2007/8, not so good to learn when it's on farm for everyone else.