We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Changing the Quest Giver of an Esteldin Quest and Quest Restoration Suggestion

Hello. There is a quest in Esteldin called 'A Request to the Earth-kin' which I think was assigned to an incorrect NPC called 'Malenfang' (Rangers of Esteldin Reputation Vendor) rather than the npc the quest implies, the Medium Armor trader 'Gondranc,' while the North Downs region got updated years ago, which I assume to make the flow better. I started Lotro in 2015.

Gondranc is still present in the game and the quest the friendly Earth-kin chief Asikko gives for you to return the book is concluded by talking to Gondranc already, so Malenfang is a totally different person. Gondranc is a Sindarin name probably meaning Stone-shoulder; I would assume he'd use a Breelander name to keep his identity secret.
    Also, when Malenfang gives you 'A Request to the Earth-kin', the way he talks and quest background treats the whole thing as if it's by Gondranc, not Malenfang.

Lastly, If you see this and also don't think it'll break quest flow, you can restore 'Auroch Mantles' quest, which is replaced with the Earth-kin Elder Tahvo's 'Meat for the Hungry' quest if these two can coexist, and Gondranc's final quest, A Promise Fulfilled, which sends you to Trestlebridge to deliver the promised armor to Jarred Mason, which may have been removed as I couldn't find a Lotro-wiki page. I'll update this post in a few hours from when I post this thread to see if Jarred Mason exists.

'Jared' Mason edit: Apparently he was replaced by a generic Medium Armorsmith.
    Last edited by professorcat12; Aug 29 2021 at 11:06 AM.