We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Brawler/LI preview coming THIS WEEK!

According to the official Facebook page:
    We are planning for our first preview this week of both the Brawler and our Legendary Item work on the Bullroarer Public Preview server! Expect a special content creator preview tomorrow and the public preview starting on Wednesday!
    What does "content creator preview" mean? Streamers/bloggers get early access?

Either way, CAN'T WAIT to see how Brawler works. First new class in SEVEN years!
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    According to the official Facebook page:

What does "content creator preview" mean? Streamers/bloggers get early access?

Either way, CAN'T WAIT to see how Brawler works. First new class in SEVEN years!
    Those who are to be apart of the "Content Creator Preview" have already been chosen and know among themselves who they are: Youtubers, Twitch Streamers, LOTRO Wiki Members and more.

They are getting a head start on the Preview so they have more time with such and can get Videos, Streams, Articles and in general Reviews out before the majority of those who will try out the Brawler Class Preview get their chance on Wednesday.

This is still an Early Preview so not everything is ready to be seen and some things might not be apart of the final products.

And how is it possible to get in this chosen circle?
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post
    As of Pre-Brawler Class & Legendary Item Revamp Early Preview it isn't know how these people were selected. We also don't know how many people have been chosen for this Content Creator Preview.

For example, I can name Louey7 (https://www.youtube.com/c/Louey7), Andang (https://www.youtube.com/c/AndangLP) and more than likely Bludborn (https://www.youtube.com/c/Bludborn) who are Youtubers and Twitch Streamers were chosen as they have indicated such and have had some recent dealings with SSG being LOTRO Producer Interviews in July and August.

For these 3, they are of a few of the people who actively Review and put out Videos & Streams about LOTRO in a more informative role and with their own opinions on things that are in LOTRO or transpire with Updates and other things.

I'd think the first step would be to reach out to Cordovan and introduce yourself. He may be unaware of your website. Tell him what you do, how often you update, how you promote your site and so on. If you have visitor traffic numbers to share, that could work well for you. Every gaming studio can use promotion.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

I've expressed my opinion on the subject elsewhere so I won't beat a dead horse. But I'll say that in spite of my disagreement with the non-existent selection process, Cordovan will grant you access if you request it. I highly doubt you'll need to justify your work since, like I said, there was no selection process.

So these "content creators" will tell us what the LI revamp involves sometime later today?
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

For this first trial it was pretty much everyone I've seen work to make a video right away to get to their LOTRO audience along with most folks who have written blog articles or manage web sites, then finally I did a call out to the LOTRO Wiki editors so they'd have some extra time to type and work. The goal if this is successful and people like it is to pretty much open it to anyone doing the work.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

If this trial's purpose is to boost the popularity of LOTRO, then when the early preview will start please?

The more people watch early live streams, the more players may participate tomorrow to help SSG check for bugs and give feedback.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

you can know which race will have brawiler in today’s beta or I have to wait for tomorrow thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    you can know which race will have brawiler in today’s beta or I have to wait for tomorrow thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Bullroarer Update 50.3 Release Notes and Information

Any race in Middle-earth can be a Brawler, except for Beornings, which are their own race and class combination.
    All known and current information about the Brawler Class: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...31#post8089631

More information will be given tomorrow (Wednesday).

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    All races except Beornings according to Cordovan's other post in the BR Forum.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For this first trial it was pretty much everyone I've seen work to make a video right away to get to their LOTRO audience along with most folks who have written blog articles or manage web sites, then finally I did a call out to the LOTRO Wiki editors so they'd have some extra time to type and work. The goal if this is successful and people like it is to pretty much open it to anyone doing the work.
    So, You introduce the possibilty to get access for content creators on friday and then it was meant that such bloggers have to write to You?
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

So, You introduce the possibilty to get access for content creators on friday and then it was meant that such bloggers have to write to You?
    Some Content Creators were already contacted before such was even announced. How many, I personally can't say.

I do think it would be smart in a future Preview to have a Closed Thread where all the Content Creators, their Youtube/Twitch/Facebook/Website/etc is listed so the LOTRO Community knows where to go during the "Content Creator Preview" that might be done for future Previews. This would enable X amount of the Playerbase to get a view of what is happening and increase the possibility of people getting the Bullroarer Test Client and giving whatever future Preview a try.

Another area where SSG can improve things and hopefully makes for better experiences in future Previews past this current Brawler Class & Legendary Item Revamp Preview.