We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best Solo Class Playable by a High Elf

What is the "best" (defined below) solo class playable by a High Elf?

By best, I mean most survivable with at least respectable dps that won't put the player to sleep. The ability to handle some group content/instances solo is important.

At least to mid levels the obvious pick in my experience is Beorning. However, 1) my Beorning is likely to play in a duo and 2) I like the High Elf race so suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    I use high elf for all of my rune-keepers, lore-masters, minstrels and champions and I find all of them can easily solo if they use a dps trait tree. I use it for captains as well and a captain can solo quite well but the speed of killing enemies is less than the other classes.

Hunter is clearly a good solo and it can be a high elf. You give up the low elf 5% ranged damage bonus.

Guardian also solos well at least at lower levels - by 130 its speed of killing seems clearly below average.

Burglar cannot be a high elf as I recall. Beorning most certainly cannot. Warden I never play any more.

Quote Originally Posted by afuturestrader View Post
    What is the "best" (defined below) solo class playable by a High Elf?

By best, I mean most survivable with at least respectable dps that won't put the player to sleep. The ability to handle some group content/instances solo is important.

At least to mid levels the obvious pick in my experience is Beorning. However, 1) my Beorning is likely to play in a duo and 2) I like the High Elf race so suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Highelves are the best wardens, because they benefit from the light damage and sword damage bonus. If you like the gambit system warden might be a good choice.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

The short answer I would give to your question, as of right now, would be guardian for soloing group content. In my opinion it's the 2nd best overall right under beorning which you've already mentioned.

The longer answer is that with the game and classes always changing, so does the ability to solo group content. For example a little over a year ago I would have said that captain was probably the next best soloer after beorning. However over the course of the last year, and soon to be with the new LI system, the captain class has changed a lot, and ultimately has lost both damage and self healing potency. The result is that it's slower than before, and able to do less than it was able to before. Similarly the warden is really good for soloing in the mid level range, but once you hit about Mordor you self heals start to decline, and they never really pick back up. So you end up losing survivability that you had in the mid level range. However warden in particular is the best class to solo the Mumaks in the Throne raid (I don't even know if any other class besides beorning can do this), which brings me to my next point.

It also depends on the level range and the instance that you are trying to complete as certain classes are able to solo certain bosses easier than others. For example if it's a single target boss that's in a fairly open area, then a blue hunter will probably have an easier time than anything else, and do it very quickly because they're so easily able to avoid damage and can heal themselves as they go. However if you're doing an instance that has a boss in a more enclosed area, or there are adds, then guardian is going to shine a lot more. It's more like class A can solo instances X and Y, but not Z; where as class B can solo instance Z, but not X and Y. In certain situations it may be just one boss in an instance, or the whole instance. In this way you could only really use 'best' class in the sense that they'd be able to do the highest number of instances by themselves, and in that area then I would say it's probably the guardian coming in 2nd place after the beorning.

Now with all that being said most of the game has been soloed on a variety of classes up through Moria by a few people here and there, and then with good gear some can handle T5 3 mans from Minas Morgul alone as well, and various content in between.

Guardian is really strong in the low-mid level range. It brings both high damage and high survivability in the form of self heals, stuns, and general bulky-ness. It's adaptable, and that's probably the most important characteristic of being able to solo group content. Yellow is best for this low-mid level range. Unfortunately it drops off hard later down the road and blue starts to become more survivable. It's also slower, but it will get the job done. Red guardian gets a nice boost in damage though with the new LI system, so with proper gear certain portions of instances can probably be done fine in red, then needing to switch to blue only for some bosses.

This is all of course pertaining to going into group instances alone. On landscape pretty much anything can solo anything because it's all so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Highelves are the best wardens, because they benefit from the light damage and sword damage bonus. If you like the gambit system warden might be a good choice.
    I agree. Warden, and as a secondary choice would be minstrel

Red guardians got a massive damage buff a few months back, and it's really noticeable. Made a new one and the damage is epic, and very survivable