We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team

Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Beta 4 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED
    Thank you all for your participation, bugs and feedback!
    Server Update: Friday, 10/01 ~10 AM EDT.

• There was a database wipe with this downtime.
    • Changes with the 10/01 Update are marked in violet

Server Opening Time: Wednesday, 09/29 10:30 AM EDT
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 10/01 5:00 PM EDT (Subject to Change)

10/01: The many legendary items accidentally omitted from the build have been re-added. This includes all crafted legendary items. NOTE: This will not restore any items that have already gone missing, but will prevent more from going missing.

Report A Bug
    Guide to the Eyes and Guard Tavern
    Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on any LOTRO Launcher.
    *Please note the database has been wiped!* Any characters created or copied before 10:00 AM EDT 10/01/21 are no longer available on Bullroarer.

Bullroarer is open for a look at Update 30.3, specifically focusing on the Brawler class and the New Legendary Item System.
    Please refer to these threads:
    Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Early Beta 1
    Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Beta 2
    Bullroarer Update 30.3 - Beta 3

Release Notes

• Monster Play characters have received a slight boost in the strength of some corruptions and skill buffs and debuffs as new legendary items have become available for Free Players.

Brawler

• Brawler Fundament traits now cost only 1 point to rank up instead of 2.
    • Yellow-line set bonus: Reduce Efficient Strikes cooldown from 3min -> 2min
    • Red-line set bonus: Each point of Mettle increases critical damage by 2%
    • Weather Blows cooldown reduced to 75s
    • Weather Blows damage reduction duration increased from 10s->15s
    • Iron Will Cooldown reduced to 180s
    • Hold the Line cooldown reduced to 180s
    • Efficient Strikes cooldown reduced to 180s
    • Battle Fury cooldown reduced to 180s
    • Weather Blows and Iron Will have been polished up and had their damage reduction re-balanced
    • Iron Will will always overwrite Weather Blows if both are active
    • Lowering cooldown of Hurl Object from 8s to 4s
    • Fundament trait "Hasten Powerful Techniques" now has a cooldown of 2s

Legendary Items

• Champion's 'Fear Nothing' CD reduced (30->15s), tracery reduction changed to ~-5s.
    • When you pull up the LI Panel, weapons that can be converted to the new LI currency will have a button that says Convert on them.
      • As long as you are converting the Ancient Script will go over cap.
      • You will not be able to pick Ancient Scripts up as drops or treasure until you get the cap below 10k again.

• Tracery sockets will now correctly maintain their level. Note that placing a tracery with a lower max level into that socket will lower the level to that new max.

Please keep in mind much is still in development, and many changes may not have notes here.
    All costs are placeholder.
    All Feedback in encouraged and Bugs are welcome!
    Please continue the existing threads with your Feedback, and as always thank you for your participation!
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Oct 01 2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

gm peeps any champ dps buffs

or nerfs to everyone else i'll accept that too

Well.. I just copied my lvl cap toons and... they have NO LIs... My LI panel is empty and they aren't in inventory either.

Edited for a more complete report:

Hunter (130): crafted FA/SA LIs are gone (bows & swords) but crafted FA Bridle is here and I was able to "convert" it
    LM (130): crafted FA Staff is gone - crafted FA Books and Bridle are present.
    Minstrel (130): crafted FA swords gone - crafted FA Books & Bridle are present, also a TA dropped book.
    Beorning (130): crafted FA clubs gone - crafted FA Carving, Bridle & TA dropped LIs are present.
    RK (130): crafted FA rune-stones gone + 1 SA satchel gone - crafted FA satchels & Bridle are present.
    Last edited by Laurelinarien; Sep 29 2021 at 11:17 AM.

Some Old LIs Gone on Transfer

When I logged in my two bows and one spear, all imbued and maxed, are gone from my LI panel and my inventory. My bridle and two extra imbued weapons (none are maxxed) are still there and able to convert.

When I converted the items available for me to convert, I received 3 'Fragmented Morgul Traceries' which appear to be the same thing as "Shattered Morgul Traceries". Only the title of the item is different.

Felindyl
    Lvl 130 Hunter
    Last edited by Aelin; Sep 29 2021 at 11:33 AM.

Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Well.. I just copied my lvl cap toons and... they have NO LIs... My LI panel is empty and they aren't in inventory either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelin View Post
    When I logged in my two bows and one spear, all imbued and maxed, are gone from my LI panel and my inventory. My bridle and two extra imbued weapons (none are maxxed) are still there and able to convert.
    Many legendary items were accidentally omitted from data in this build, so will disappear from any transferred characters. This includes all crafted legendary items.

We have updated the OP of this thread with this information.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Wish there was some sort of explanation as to what converts to what when converting an LI.
    Since I lost all my weapons on my hunter, i have to go back to live to grind LI's to do testing.
    I converted my FA bridal and got a bunch of 'stuff'.
    I equipped a bridal at level 1 and got nothing on the convert. I was able to add runes to it, but not able to reforge.
    So it seems the LI has to be leveled before convert.
    Wondering if a old LI can still be leveled before converting, what is the return on IXP, relics, titles, applied SOE, applied crystals? Does relic level come into play, do you get more for 1st, 2nd, 3rd age LI's?

Also seen a message that some recipes were removed, would be nice to know what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Many legendary items were accidentally omitted from data in this build, so will disappear from any transferred characters. This includes all crafted legendary items.

We have updated the OP of this thread with this information.
    Thank you!

I also have a question about the conversion: currently from a Maxed LI we receive Fragmented Morgul Traceries. Why not a single Crackery (gold)? I mean.. it's gonna be old level cap even.. all we get is for the 121 bracket and nothing for 131. I don't understand, if so, why the downgrade to teals.

>told we'll get comparable or stronger power LIs from the conversion
    > it's actually a downgrade

now that's what i call SSG

Been on BR and tested this conversion with my champ current 1h (literally BiS in every way) and it's nowhere near good enough. A maxed LI gave me

You have acquired: [82 Enhancement Runes, Lvl 121].
    You have acquired: [5,400 Ancient Script].
    You have acquired: [270 Enhancement Runes, Lvl 121].
    You have acquired: [9 Fragmented Morgul Traceries].

This is not enough to make an equivalent LI. Not even close with these ancient script prices. That's not even 6 teal legacies. Why bother giving 9 fragments when you cant barter them because it gives #### all ancient script.

In case you don't know what BiS -

To clarify;

My BiS relics from T5 raids are not compensated
    My BiS weapon title from a T3+ raid is not compensated
    My 7 maxed legacies are not compensated
    My maxed weapon DPS is not compensated
    The stupid crafted relics are not compensated

google "equivalent meaning" please
    Last edited by Nubja; Sep 29 2021 at 02:51 PM.

The new LI should not have a sale price - it's too easy to accidentally sell them at the merchant.

For a beorning carving i worked within the budget given by the current conversion. Tried to make an equivalent new LI.

Lost Bear form crit defence legacy (doesn't exist). Replaced with Bond of trust heal chance.
    Lost healing potency (doesn't exist) probably replaced with ST/AOE heal traceries. Natured bond cooldown
    Lost 1 Class legacy that is replaced by 3 Word of power. Depending on class this might be improvement or not if you actually got 6+ good legacies available.

Mix of rare and teal legacies with Ilvl ranging from 430-440.

Skill bonusses went down slightly due to rare vs teal tracery. Total healing went up by 20% mostly due to 130 extra healing rating and 3 words of power

Quote Originally Posted by Nubja View Post
    >told we'll get comparable or stronger power LIs from the conversion
    > it's actually a downgrade

now that's what i call SSG

Been on BR and tested this conversion with my champ current 1h (literally BiS in every way) and it's nowhere near good enough. A maxed LI gave me

You have acquired: [82 Enhancement Runes, Lvl 121].
    You have acquired: [5,400 Ancient Script].
    You have acquired: [270 Enhancement Runes, Lvl 121].
    You have acquired: [9 Fragmented Morgul Traceries].

This is not enough to make an equivalent LI. Not even close with these ancient script prices. That's not even 6 teal legacies. Why bother giving 9 fragments when you cant barter them because it gives #### all ancient script.

In case you don't know what BiS -
    The "completeness" of an LI doesn't seem to have all that much impact on the conversion. I converted a spare imbued LI was developing on the side and a non-imbued LI I used as a swappy, and I got the following from the conversion:

Imbued LI:

conversion from above imbued LI:

non-imbued LI:

conversion from above non-imbued LI:

The biggest difference seems to be in the amount of enhancement runes you receive. I honestly didn't expect to receive as much as I did from the imbued LI, but I'm certainly not complaining. The non-imbued LI conversion amount is great for those that aren't lvl cap or haven't wanted to mess with imbuement.
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Unimbued LIs giving near the same amount of script as a FULL MAXED IMBUED LI

Sounds like this took all of 15 minutes of thinking

I understand the idea of "we don't want to give you new LIs that are maxed".. I'm not happy about it like other people seem to be, but I get it.

What nags me is the following: if I already have a maxed LI under the terms of this season (let's call it the 120-130 bracket), why can't I get a maxed equivalent in the new system? After all, it's only gonna be BiS for what? a month? when Gundabad comes out we'll have to regrind everything in the 131-140 bracket.

I don't see why being stingy about the conversion unless you're planning on giving us some other kind of barter option for individual items (SoE, Crystals, etc). Otherwise we're not converting our old LIs into new ones on a 1:1 basis.

I'm sorry but I do think how complete they are should matter even tho I may fail to understand the technicalities on the devs end to make that happen.

Dunno if I manage to explain myself correctly.

I understand the idea of "we don't want to give you new LIs that are maxed".. I'm not happy about it like other people seem to be, but I get it.

What nags me is the following: if I already have a maxed LI under the terms of this season (let's call it the 120-130 bracket), why can't I get a maxed equivalent in the new system? After all, it's only gonna be BiS for what? a month? when Gundabad comes out we'll have to regrind everything in the 131-140 bracket.

I don't see why being stingy about the conversion unless you're planning on giving us some other kind of barter option for individual items (SoE, Crystals, etc). Otherwise we're not converting our old LIs into new ones on a 1:1 basis.

I'm sorry but I do think how complete they are should matter even tho I may fail to understand the technicalities on the devs end to make that happen.

Dunno if I manage to explain myself correctly.
    The conversion at the very least should be an item with 6 teal class traceries.

it's ludicrous that clicking convert reduces the power of my character, especially after Raninia and Cordovan have gone ON RECORD stating they will be equivalent or more powerful after clicking convert.

So so far what I'm seeing is that on the next update all your LI's are 'disabled'.
    You can no longer reforge.
    So unless you plan ahead and equip all LI slots and max level them you will majorly loose out on the ability to upgrade your new LI's by converting old LI's.
    There is currently no conversion for SOE's, crystals, or other 'old' LI upgrade items So all these will be lost on the upgrade ( so far ).
    There seems to be no benefit to using them prior to conversion.
    Still trying to test but it is taking forever to set up LI's in live, then transfer to beta ( over and over again ).
    Seems every attempt to copy my characters over are now failing. guess beta does not like constantly copy / delete / copy characters. But cant level older LI's in beta so not sure how else to test.
    Gonna be alot of unhappy campers when this goes live when they find the conversion gets you nowhere you need to be AND you could have gotten more new LI items by having you max LI's equipped and fully leveled in the LI panel prior to the update.

Still see now way to barter for new LI items from faction leaders or skirm camp, kind of hoping there would be something by now or a statement there never will.

Thinking only 2 weeks to go before this goes live, and its still a piece of coal waiting to transform to a diamond. SOS

Can we get a Forge Master in Rivendell's Archive of Traceries? We can get new weapons and class items there, but then have to schlep across Rivendell to the crafting zone to get them identified, then go back to the Archive to start working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by W_T_D View Post
    So so far what I'm seeing is that on the next update all your LI's are 'disabled'.
    You can no longer reforge.
    So unless you plan ahead and equip all LI slots and max level them you will majorly loose out on the ability to upgrade your new LI's by converting old LI's.
    There is currently no conversion for SOE's, crystals, or other 'old' LI upgrade items So all these will be lost on the upgrade ( so far ).
    There seems to be no benefit to using them prior to conversion.
    Still trying to test but it is taking forever to set up LI's in live, then transfer to beta ( over and over again ).
    Seems every attempt to copy my characters over are now failing. guess beta does not like constantly copy / delete / copy characters. But cant level older LI's in beta so not sure how else to test.
    Gonna be alot of unhappy campers when this goes live when they find the conversion gets you nowhere you need to be AND you could have gotten more new LI items by having you max LI's equipped and fully leveled in the LI panel prior to the update.

Still see now way to barter for new LI items from faction leaders or skirm camp, kind of hoping there would be something by now or a statement there never will.

Thinking only 2 weeks to go before this goes live, and its still a piece of coal waiting to transform to a diamond. SOS
    You cannot copy a previously deleted character to Bullroarer without a database wipe. So if you had previously copied the character and then deleted it, you will not be able to copy it over again.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Unimbued LIs giving near the same amount of script as a FULL MAXED IMBUED LI

Sounds like this took all of 15 minutes of thinking
    Sounds like I will be crafting a WHOLE BUNCH of LI's before this is released to the production servers.....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    You cannot copy a previously deleted character to Bullroarer without a database wipe. So if you had previously copied the character and then deleted it, you will not be able to copy it over again.
    Oh well, that explains it. Never had try this before.
    Its just that you cant do much in beta with 'old' LI's.
    Guess I'll try another character, and put LI's at various stages in the vault and see what happens.
    But i'm gonna burn through alot of IXP runes and LI's and varrious items to add, relics, titles, soe, crystals, dont want to use em up in live to test in beta.
    And once I convert a LI in beta, its used up and no more testing on it.
    I cant get more and level. so kinda stuck with testing LI conversion.

The Moria intro is finally completable with all the new LI stuff linked up...

HOWEVER

...with the exception of the LI itself, every single thing you're given is MINIMUM LEVEL 50 - all traceries, heraldries, and enhancement runes - completely unusable. The Moria intro is completable at level 45. PLEASE stop putting minimum levels on things that don't need them. The only minimum requirement to use the first tier of LI materials should be the Seeker of Deep Places trait from completing the Moria intro.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Oh no my dps went down. Not sure nubja is smoking.

On hunter the base tooltip goes up 33% and all main skills go u 55 to 100% damage on initial hits. Bleeds damage remains the same. Even assuming the Ilvl 445 LI is a mistake. That leaves 20 to 70% dam increase for hunters (but a loss of bleed damage if -33%). Can't speak to champs or wardens.

Thank you!

I also have a question about the conversion: currently from a Maxed LI we receive Fragmented Morgul Traceries. Why not a single Crackery (gold)? I mean.. it's gonna be old level cap even.. all we get is for the 121 bracket and nothing for 131. I don't understand, if so, why the downgrade to teals.
    Now, are the "converted" items supposed to disappear after the process is finished? The items I was able to convert remained exactly as is after I received the new materials. Is there an over-cap buffer on the Ancient scripts received? I was up to 12k and change. I also noticed that I could not equip a new, re-forged LI until I removed an old LI from its equipped slot, so the no hybrid rule is still in effect.

Are there plans to switch the Gift-Brand LI's to the new versions (eventually)? What about all those old LI's I've collected to act as iXP batteries? Since the legacy runes are still dropping (while testing the brawler on her War-steed), atm, I could level them up for conversion to more ancient scripts, enhancement runes and traceries but if we can't reforge them, what's the point? It's bad enough that I have to pay to identify them and then have to level them in order to prepare them for conversion. Are item XP's even still being rewarded? While quick leveling my brawler, I saw that some enhancement boxes drop as rewards when I did Bobo's Many More quest, so it appears that these are rewards for various quests/deeds completed therein. They ranged from Tier 4 to Tier 13. I think there was one 14 that showed up from somewhere.

There's progress, hopefully enough given only 2 weeks left.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Sounds like I will be crafting a WHOLE BUNCH of LI's before this is released to the production servers.....
    dont forget to max level with IXP runes first. Still need to test level 60 vs 70, and 1st, 2nd 3rd age differences.

What always annoys me the most are the major changes the get implemented, and are never listed in the release notes for the upgrade.

Some simple recent changes that had major effects and not shown in the release notes, like the cost of rep acceleration tomes incredibly increasing in cost in the past like almost 10 fold, in another recent change they became bind to account. Other times in the past with currency cap introduction, I swear it was like you log in after upgrade and loose 10 of thousands of X due to currency cap. Could have converted to something, but no heads up.

Typically with an update you get 0 days notice of changes. Release notes are not posted until the update is already in progress and only tell you a small portion of what was changed.

The conversion at the very least should be an item with 6 teal class traceries.

it's ludicrous that clicking convert reduces the power of my character, especially after Raninia and Cordovan have gone ON RECORD stating they will be equivalent or more powerful after clicking convert.
    Its so hard to reply to your comments because they feel like they have no thought or critical thinking behind them but what I am guessing they are referencing is that you will have a stronger NUMBER WISE weapon. AS IN your abilities overall will hit slightly harder or heal for slightly more even though the % on the actual legacy is slightly less. Since weapon rating values are way higher even at 130 you will be doing more damage(except maybe champs?) with purple and teal traceries. Not much more but in thier eyes im guessing this is what they mean by more powerful.

Its not a debate that for almost every class besides champ(red captain too but its close from what iv heard) has power creep with the new system even without maxed traceries. The only class really exploding from maxed traceries is hunter and keeping all of its crit mag. Thats a whole other problem though.

121 traceies are actually valid for the levelrange of 121-140. So a gold tracery would be partly BiS for Gundabad. The Skill bonus depends on the colour/quality. The stat part would be a lot better in a 131 version. Seeing how overcapped we're on stats at the end of 130, 121 golden might be good enough to remain BiS for classes that rely less on vitality surplus such as ranged dps or beorning healer. Havn't looked into converting tanking LI's yet.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast