We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Useless Quests

Useless Quests

Why are there so many useless quests? Generally they are found out in the landscape. (For example: Vile Otgand, Meeting Mozbuk with Might, and A Giant, Possibly Named Hregmod) I waste my time doing these stupid quests and there is no payoff! The quest never completes, there is no one to turn the quest in to and it just lingers in my quest log taking up valuable space. I sent in a ticket about this, and got no response at all, they just closed the ticket. I'm a paying customer, and while I know you couldn't care less, because someone will always buy you product, I may not be one of them. So, explain this crummy situation and why it exists and what (if anything) you plan to do a bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberfox View Post
    1. I waste my time doing these stupid quests and there is no payoff!

2. The quest never completes,

3. there is no one to turn the quest in to

4. explain this crummy situation and why it exists

5. Why are there so many useless quests?
    1. The payoff is from the story and the rewards you get when you complete (coin, xp etc...). Think of them as items from local lore or something someone mentioned in the last town.

2. Once you've killed the monster / did what the quest wanted you to do, they'll end.

3. Auto bestow and auto end. Once it's completed you'll get the pop up so you can complete the quest.

4. Those are auto given quests when you reach a certain point on a map or find an item that starts the quest. They were added to the game, because of all the complaints of having to run back and forth to the last quest hub to get and turn in quests. Now instead of (for example) getting a quest to kill a giant from in town, you stumble upon it out in the wilds and can complete it and have it do an auto turn in all while out in the wilds.

If a quest pops up you don't want (you'll see them later on in Rohan & Gondor from Warbands) all you have to do is click on the DECLINE button in the pop up, or if it auto starts, just open the quest up in the quest panel and click on the CANCEL button and it'll go away.

I only know of 2 (Tasks and Missions) that don't let you get rid of them.

5. You may think them useless, but they tell a little story, make the landscape seem alive and help you level up your character, weapons, steed etc...

Not everything can be a grand adventure; just look at Hercules, even he had to clean out a stable one time.

And they seem to let you make the choice. You see something that needs to be done, you do it without having to run back to the quest giver. They make a lot of sense when you are entering a busy enemy camp or run into them while questing.

So, explain this crummy situation and why it exists and what (if anything) you plan to do a bout it.
    You missed the button that lets you complete the quest. As for why these quests exist, they're primarily to add flavor as you're exploring the world.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    I only know of 2 (Tasks and Missions) that don't let you get rid of them.
    None of the auto-bestowed landscape quests in Wells of Langflood allow you to cancel them (the button is disabled). They can't be filtered either.

This has been documented since the zone was released, and never fixed. The only way to get them out of your quest log is to complete them.

I have my characters passing through this accursed zone disable quest auto-accept, so I'm not stuck with a dozen or so unwanted and uncancellable quests.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

6. Sep 30 2021, 11:56 AM

Why are there so many useless quests? Generally they are found out in the landscape. (For example: Vile Otgand, Meeting Mozbuk with Might, and A Giant, Possibly Named Hregmod) I waste my time doing these stupid quests and there is no payoff! The quest never completes, there is no one to turn the quest in to and it just lingers in my quest log taking up valuable space. I sent in a ticket about this, and got no response at all, they just closed the ticket. I'm a paying customer, and while I know you couldn't care less, because someone will always buy you product, I may not be one of them. So, explain this crummy situation and why it exists and what (if anything) you plan to do a bout it.
    I've yet to come across a useless quest and even if I did I'd not come complaining to the forums with an attitude like that.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    I've yet to come across a useless quest and even if I did I'd not come complaining to the forums with an attitude like that.
    I was thinking this too. A lot of those quests add flavor to the game. I like them.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    None of the auto-bestowed landscape quests in Wells of Langflood allow you to cancel them (the button is disabled). They can't be filtered either.

This has been documented since the zone was released, and never fixed. The only way to get them out of your quest log is to complete them.

I have my characters passing through this accursed zone disable quest auto-accept, so I'm not stuck with a dozen or so unwanted and uncancellable quests.
    I suspect Trollshaw quests remain the same as well - I was forced to do the kill the wight boss one at 105 some years ago to get it out of my log as it couldn't be cancelled and when I filed a ticket was told WAI. We should at least be given a warning that if you accept this quest it will remain in your log unless you complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Well, what should I say? According to a friend of mine gaming is an entirely useless endeavour in itself, so there's nothing to complain about
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

OP, are you saying that the quest is remaining in your tracker upon completion? You should be able to hit a "complete" button when the quest requirements are fulfilled and that should also eliminate the quest from your tracker. There is a bug that occasionally surfaces where the quest sits there even after completion with text under it saying, "complete." Every time this has happened to me, I have still received the rewards, it is only the tracker that is bugged. You can right click on the quest name and select "remove from tracker" (I think that is the wording) and it will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    You missed the button that lets you complete the quest.

MoL
    If I "missed" the button, then so did many of my Guild mates. I did not come in here raging about a single instance of this problem. I checked with other players to see what I was missing or doing wrong. I deleted and repeated several quests. I am not the only person experiencing this "missing button" problem. Perhaps you could enlighten me? Where is this button? If I go look and it is there, I will happily apologize and admit I was wrong. But, I had roughly 25 quests taking up space uncompleted. I used to enjoy such quests, but when they just clog up the works, it gets aggravating. As for the rest of you venting your bile, I am glad you game is working as intended.

If I "missed" the button, then so did many of my Guild mates. I did not come in here raging about a single instance of this problem. I checked with other players to see what I was missing or doing wrong. I deleted and repeated several quests. I am not the only person experiencing this "missing button" problem. Perhaps you could enlighten me? Where is this button? If I go look and it is there, I will happily apologize and admit I was wrong. But, I had roughly 25 quests taking up space uncompleted. I used to enjoy such quests, but when they just clog up the works, it gets aggravating. As for the rest of you venting your bile, I am glad you game is working as intended.
    25 quests taking up space uncompleted? I’ve had maybe a couple of those quests where you can’t cancel but 25?
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Perhaps you could enlighten me? Where is this button? If I go look and it is there, I will happily apologize and admit I was wrong. But, I had roughly 25 quests taking up space uncompleted.
    It's the Quest Actions Completed button, and it usually lives on the right side of the screen. It's easy to ignore if there are introduction or vector quests you're not interested in, but clicking on it brings up a list of quests that are waiting to be bestowed or advanced, such as the ones you name above; if you complete a quest and the journal doesn't list anyone to turn it in, chances are it's a quest for you to complete remotely by clicking this button. If you delete a quest it's gone, and you'd need to do it again.

MoL

Thank you! I located the VERY LARGE BUTTON. I mistook the meaning of that button. As promised, I admit the fault was entirely mine. I shall pass this information along to may guildies. Thank you very much for providing me with the accurate information. To the rest of you, I wish you Good Hunting!
    Last edited by Timberfox; Sep 30 2021 at 08:51 PM.