We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Still no details on HOW to get new Tracery Tokens

Got a list of new tracery tokens:

Khazad Dum,
    Rohan,
    Ithil,
    Doomfold,
    Morgul,

Still no details on *WHERE* theses cracked traceries come from.
    As of Beta 4, Moria instances still drop Nimrodel tokens that can't be used,
    No details on other tiers.

Can ya'll for once not completely screw over everyone that isn't at max level?
    The whole point of the new system was to be friendlier for new players and easier to jump back into-- but again currencies with not bestowal hooked up...

*smh* Does anyone remember that this is an RPG and loot is meant to be a thing?

I have similar questions. While I appreciate the information provided here: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...tems-explained there are obviously still a lot of gaps remaining to be explained.

In particular, I was confused by this:

Cracked Traceries and Shattered Traceries

These ingredients can be bartered with the Legendary Weapons and Items NPC in The Archive to acquire Incomparable and Legendary Traceries at various level ranges. You will earn these Cracked or Shattered Traceries generally by running higher level end game content. Shattered Traceries will allow you to barter for Incomparable Traceries, while Cracked Traceries allow you to barter for Legendary Traceries.
    Soooooo... if you earn Cracked or Shattered Traceries by running 'higher level end game content', how do non end-game characters (e.g., levels 50-120) acquire lower-level Traceries before they reach endgame?

Or am I reading this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    Or am I reading this wrong?
    I think what it is saying is you can get the top-of-the-line traceries by doing stuff like higher tiers and raiding - which are teal and gold. Other traceries are still going to be obtainable for ordinary folk from things like bartering standard ancient scripts or inside general instance chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    Got a list of new tracery tokens:

Khazad Dum,
    Rohan,
    Ithil,
    Doomfold,
    Morgul,

Still no details on *WHERE* theses cracked traceries come from.
    For cracked,

Vile Maw/Filikul/DN
    Orthanc/Draigoch
    Throne
    Abyss
    Anvil
    Remmo/AD/FoKD

And Erebor/OD at appropriate levels

I assume.

For Shattered (incomparable), hopefully 3/6-mans. Don't think it's going to be acceptable to head into on-level raids with uncommon/rare traceries.

HOW is this still a problem?

dude i quit playing for over 6 months cuz i felt so screwed to play rohan. me and my husband have been enjoying playing slowly in rohan and he had JUST shifted all his li's into runes and deconed. runes have NO effect yet on the new lI system. to add to that the wiki basicly says everything he could want is only earned from 3 quests in moria running the epic. dude we finished that 2 years ago on these tunes. and there is NO way to earn the barter tokens? is it even sure that it drops in school? i've run it a few times now and not seen any?

i'm so sick of hearing basicly give up on the lower level content. i have never gotten to end game and enjoy playing this way. i am feeling more and more like the devs just don't care. if you want to have a sequal game that is only about the end game latest release then fine. but u didn't have to toally rip appart the lower levels to do that.

still an issue:
    -all the KINDRED grinding reputation sellors who USED to sell relevant legendary rewards sell at most heritage runes i can't even use. this includes Hoytbolt- which still takes weeks to rebuild, stangard, forlaw. i haven't even looked much in moria but ALL the reputation and wonderful li rewards in moria are basicly gone, so are lothlorian. i assume mirkwood is just as bad. basicly you STRIPPED all the legendary rewards from the lower levels and gave us a little bit of a new system with some quests giving rewards. some of use *want* to grind out an epic lvl 70 legendary set. i know im not the only one frustrated by this idea that most ppl speed level so dnt let it bother you.

-bridles are still completely disabled. no ability to get a new legendary system bridle. WHY disable it if you had NOTHING to replace it? can i at least use the old "not so good system u replaced"? i can still equip my old one? at least let me use the system that WAS there however much u disliked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexillia View Post
    HOW is this still a problem?

dude i quit playing for over 6 months cuz i felt so screwed to play rohan. me and my husband have been enjoying playing slowly in rohan and he had JUST shifted all his li's into runes and deconed. runes have NO effect yet on the new lI system. to add to that the wiki basicly says everything he could want is only earned from 3 quests in moria running the epic. dude we finished that 2 years ago on these tunes. and there is NO way to earn the barter tokens? is it even sure that it drops in school? i've run it a few times now and not seen any?
    I'm unsure about what the wiki says.

But if I were a returning player who left around Rohan, these are the steps I'd follow:

- Open LI panel and click on "appraise" (including on your Bridle) - that's gonna give you at the very least enough Ancient Scripts to go to Rivendell, from the entrance to the Last Homely House, upstairs on the left (Archive of Traceries).
    - At that NPC: barter for a couple new LIs (one weapon, one class)
    - You don't need to destroy your old LIs after you appraise until you're sure you don't need them/want them.
    - Same NPC: check the "Reforge" feature and do so if needed for your new LIs.
    - If you want to engage in the whole bartering for traceries business, do so.. they're all around you in that place and you should have enough Ancient script to at least buy some level appropiate purples.
    - If you don't wanna do it, the new LIs dps is usually enough to run around questing on landscape without much worry.

Next thing: open the Reward Track (which is a pretty new addition)
    - Turn in tasks around your level
    - Do quests around your level that reward Legendary IXP.
    - Consume old IXP runes.
    - Claim rewards.

I don't know if this is of any help, but I certainly hope so

I'd also like a straight answer on this. I have these Shattered Morgul Tracery tokens that are "obsolete and must be traded in for working tokens" but I can't find anyone in Rivendell to trade them with. Strangely, I can trade them in for Heraldry traceries but for nothing else. I'm level 50 on my RK, and checked all the barter pages.
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

Quote Originally Posted by Artegall View Post
    I'd also like a straight answer on this. I have these Shattered Morgul Tracery tokens that are "obsolete and must be traded in for working tokens" but I can't find anyone in Rivendell to trade them with. Strangely, I can trade them in for Heraldry traceries but for nothing else. I'm level 50 on my RK, and checked all the barter pages.
    NPC who barters the base LIs in the archive has an obsolete trade section.