We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Closed World Transfers (2021)

Hello my fellow free people!

I am back to the game after a 8-year hiatus. Me and 4 of my friends stopped played around the same time and we are hyped to see the game is still alive and moving foward.

We just found out that our world was closed and it appears that the last world transfer happened in 2015?

We are all willing to spend time and money in this game again, but none of us want to spend time and money to start literally from zero.

We see many articles and youtube videos saying great things about the state of the game in 2021. I wonder how many old players are in the same situation as us right now.

Is there any word from SSG about opening closed world transfers in the near future?
    [i]"I'm not brave. I'm just more afraid of losing everything we care than dying in battle".[/i]

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...orld-Transfers

As it stands at end of September 2021, SSG hasn't given a time table for when Closed Server Transfers will be available.

SSG has stated they are working on it and "hope" that it could be available soon but we are likely still a good while away from such.

2022 will likely be when such will occur if it can occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Farian View Post
    Hello my fellow free people!

I am back to the game after a 8-year hiatus. Me and 4 of my friends stopped played around the same time and we are hyped to see the game is still alive and moving foward.

We just found out that our world was closed and it appears that the last world transfer happened in 2015?

We are all willing to spend time and money in this game again, but none of us want to spend time and money to start literally from zero.

We see many articles and youtube videos saying great things about the state of the game in 2021. I wonder how many old players are in the same situation as us right now.

Is there any word from SSG about opening closed world transfers in the near future?
    Basically they've been saying they are going to restore the ability to transfer from dead servers "soon" for over two years now. Sorry to say it, but I think your only hope is to submit a trouble ticket and wait the requisite weeks/months for a response.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Oct 01 2021 at 12:10 AM.

There are a lot of people who are in the same situation. Many have decided to roll new toons to re-learn the game, while they wait for transfers to open from closed servers.

There have been a LOT of changes in the game over the last 8 years. So it's not lost time to roll a new toon and get back into the swing, learning about all the changes.

You might want to try one of the legendary servers. I'm currently playing on Treebeard, which is slow levelling. Lots of friendly, helpful people, and since the cap is currently only at level 50, you won't be surrounded by end capped players. Treebeard (and Shadowfax, a fast levelling server) also has difficulty options for landscape.

The legendary servers are VIP only. If you don't want to go VIP, then rolling a new toon on one of the live servers, especially if you're playing with a group of friends, can also be a great way to re-learn the game.

Hope you choose to give the game another chance - it's worth it!

i too have tried to return to the game, only to find my old server (Meneldor) is dead, and i am not allowed to transfer my 10 characters off the dead server onto a live server. the game launcher recognizes those 10 characters exist, but the only transfer option is to copy to public test realm.
    Meneldor: GM Scholar/Farmer/Cook* T5 Tailor/Metal/Wood/Jewel* T4 Weapons*
    * Emjay 49 Hunter * Eljay 45 Champ * Groupie 38 Minstrel * Bookworm 35 LM * McNugget 32 Burglar *
    ~SerialKiller R3 Warg ~BowFinger R2 BA ~Cheney R1 Reaver ~SpiderWoman R1 ~BaghDaddy R1 WL

Quote Originally Posted by chiefspart2 View Post
    i too have tried to return to the game, only to find my old server (Meneldor) is dead, and i am not allowed to transfer my 10 characters off the dead server onto a live server. the game launcher recognizes those 10 characters exist, but the only transfer option is to copy to public test realm.
    Yeah, no ETA on Closed Server Transfers.

They seem to have fallen into 2022 now and that's it.

It's pretty much at a "If it happens, it happens" and otherwise it won't stage.

Personally, until the SSG LOTRO Team has such working they shouldn't even mention it beyond, "We are still trying, we'll inform everyone when we have something concrete."