We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rusted Dwarf Tools etc.

Just had a thought...

Rusted Dwarf Tools, Khuzdul Tablets and Bright Emblems of Nimrodel, for which we picked up lots during our journeys through Moria, will be useless after the next "Legendary" update.

Don't forget to do something with them or you will probably lose them.

I am going to cash mine in for relic packs and then break them down into shards and cash them in for something useful for my other characters.

That's another thought...

Shards are going to useless too, so make sure you spend those before the update too.

Yeah, cashed a bunch of mine in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digaloo View Post
    Just had a thought...

Rusted Dwarf Tools, Khuzdul Tablets and Bright Emblems of Nimrodel, for which we picked up lots during our journeys through Moria, will be useless after the next "Legendary" update.

Don't forget to do something with them or you will probably lose them.

I am going to cash mine in for relic packs and then break them down into shards and cash them in for something useful for my other characters.

That's another thought...

Shards are going to useless too, so make sure you spend those before the update too.
    I've just chalked mine up as one of the many other currencies in the wallet that will never be needed. I don't see the point in wasting time spending them all now and buying old LI's or LI components (either to store or break for shards) for alts that will never need them either.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I don't exactly mind those very easy to come by items becoming useless, but can we somehow delete them from the wallet, if so?

I wish I knew what to do with them. I still use them, in fact, I pretty much depend on them being level 60. Many hundreds of tools and tablets, tens of thousands of shards, ridiculous amounts of random relic packs, etc…

This is from the Cord of the Rings Stream Summary post for Oct. 1st.

Question: If you have unused Relics from previous Expansions will they be obsolete?

• Cordovan Answer: "You'll be able to in the future Convert them most likely and we'll have more information with what you can do with them. So obsolete to the extent that they don't have a use under the New System is correct but I would not as previously stated not get rid of that stuff. Just hang on to it for now or use it."

Until we see what can be converted or bartered, I'll be hanging onto anything LI related that I have in storage.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Certainly answers the question of relics. They really are just the tip of the iceberg as far as Legendary item related things, however.